*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bc I'm wrong lol. The guy that couldn't explain his stance other than "against other teams that's picked" when that type of play in the red zone has got us points multiple times.

Thorne has thrown into double and triple coverage several times tonight.  And you’re somehow trying to argue that’s a high percentage play.  It’s not.  And you’re not going to convince anyone it is.  Sorry.  

Edited by AUTigergrad08

Look I dont want to pile on - let me just say, those that remember Daniel "all or nothing" Cobb - thats what we're seeing in Thorne so far. Fwiw Daniel was an absolute hero or an absolute goat virtually every game. He had the tools but something frequentky failed to click. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Thorne is decent. Just some bad decisions

x1000 - some of his throws and ball placement are actually pretty good.  He's making funny decisions sometimes.  Seems a bit lost and uncomfortable.  Hoping he gels with his targets and gets more in rhythm.

Controversial, but O-line is not as improved as I'd hoped.  Not blowing people off the ball in the run game, at least.

• Like 1

Really think the plan is just play Thorne the full 1st half.  I'm sure they were hoping to be leading by a bit more

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, e808 said:

Nah they will be ready. Book it. Keep on mind there were some injuries last week. Probably letting some of the new guys get some time

I’m really worried about the WR being able to get open against Aggie. I also do not like any of QB’s against the 12 Man. The defense doesn’t really worry me.

Thorne is scrappy. I just think he needs to stop just going for broke and take the underneath routes more. That is an issue with a lot of QBs though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Thorne is decent. Just some bad decisions

x1000 - some of his throws and ball placement are actually pretty good.  He's making funny decisions sometimes.  Seems a bit lost and uncomfortable.  Hoping he gels with his targets and gets more in rhythm.

Controversial, but O-line is not as improved as I'd hoped.  Not blowing people off the ball in the run game, at least.

• Like 1