Robby Ashford: QB ----> WR

W.E.D

Been making the rounds on a few pay boards that Ashford has been practicing at WR some this week.

We know he can run the ball very well. Can he catch it?

🤷‍♂️

What a douchebag way to respond to nothing more than a report. This kid is such an immature pain in the a**. He acts like the Auburn fans and media are his enemy. We just want a decent QB. 

IMG_3432.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Robby is lying.

i believe you. you would not say that if it was not true..............

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noticed that Robby threw a couple of really nice balls in his stint at QB. Maybe they had him practice at WR in order for him to experience the play from the other side.  Role reversal thing.  🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

So is it true or not? Were they trying to make it surprise based on his response?

@DAG We have tried to get him to but he nor his mom wants him to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What a douchebag way to respond to nothing more than a report. This kid is such an immature pain in the a**. He acts like the Auburn fans and media are his enemy. We just want a decent QB. 

IMG_3432.jpeg

That's how someone should respond to that if they are being lied on. There's way too many journalists that feel comfortable throwing out whatever based on sources. 

Whether or not it happened, I don't know. But this "sources" culture has gained way too much power. 

• Thanks 1

If we (the general we) look at switching positions as a huge sacrifice, I don't know why anyone would be mad when he doesn't make that sacrifice. Kid might be terrible at WR, and he damn sure won't get much time here switching to WR in the middle of the season. 

As long as he's willing to play his role in practice and on the field, at the position he came here to play, to the best of his ability, he's doing what was asked of him.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

So who’s heals is he nipping at in the WR room? 

Great point. Why say Robby is nipping at Thorne's heels when you are going to move him to WR a couple days later? 

Whole thing feels a bit off. Hope Freeze has an actual plan. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DAG We have tried to get him to but he nor his mom wants him to.

Well I hope he is working really hard on his passing. He seems to be in better spirits. 

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/robby-ashford-takes-reps-at-wide-receiver-for-auburn-football#:~:text=Robby Ashford is getting reps,time wide receiver for Auburn.

Robby Ashford is getting reps at a different position for Auburn.

Despite having played quarterback during his time at Oregon and through his first season with the Tigers, Ashford is now getting playing some time wide receiver for Auburn.

He spent a bit of time at WR during practice this week before the Samford game, but split reps with Holden Geriner at quarterback with the second-team offense.

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That's how someone should respond to that if they are being lied on. There's way too many journalists that feel comfortable throwing out whatever based on sources. 

Whether or not it happened, I don't know. But this "sources" culture has gained way too much power. 

I simple “that’s false”, or “first I’ve heard of it” would suffice. The whole “cry about it” comment reeks of immaturity and him thinking everyone and everything is against him. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/16/2023 at 3:43 PM, bigbird said:

Robby is lying.

Not sure I believe the report of a move to WR. If it's true, HG should have got the mop up reps , not RA. If it is true, then I question the decision by Freeze/Monty to not put HG in.