Thoughts about our OL & DL

NCTiger1982

1) Our OL the previous two years was terrible from a lack or recruiting, player development and coaching. 

2) We know from a talent perspective Freeze upgraded this OL. The bar for improvement was very low. We also have a proven SEC OL coach in Thornton. 

3) Our DL showed little to no pass rush versus UMass. 

4) Both lines are only going to be as good as they practice. Did our OL have a false sense of self moving the ball consistently on our DL in practice and reality really hit home in Cali ? 

5) Did our DL play over their head in Cali given the bulletin board material ? I’m very proud of the guts and energy in Cali but Cal is probably MSU minus their QB  

I knew we were going to struggle some with the pass rush, but expected much more from the OL, especially against the competition so far. I know it’s is early but  just concerned our OL is in for  rude awakening at TAM  

DL, especially Harris, played pretty well against Cal. The chewing out after the UMass game certainly got their attention.

• Like 1

i think they all have nice butts for such big brutes...............grins.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think they all have nice butts for such big brutes...............grins.

You make this place fun! 

Just now, bigbird said:

You make this place fun! 

i try! i love to shock people when i can. thanx for noticing.

The lines are still soft. Hoping for improvement.

I think the defensive line has played much better in two games than many expected . I also want to give grace to the o-line. They have been adequate, the problem is teams will lot the box because we do not have consistency passing.