Zeek

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

IMG_3785.jpeg

What say you?

6:00 PM CST on SECN+

Their last two games

W against Shorter 69-14

L against Western Carolina 7-30

Obviously a small sample size but they’re averaging 38 ppg and allowing 22 ppg.

They only averaged 3.6 yards per carry against Shorter and 2.0 yards per carry against Western Carolina.

They threw for 438 yards on 43 attempts against Shorter and 315 yards on 34 attempts against Western Carolina. 

Being able to stop the pass will obviously be crucial.

• Like 1

Based on the info above, I say 45-10  AU.  We pass for 300 yards, as that will be the focus this week.  We will also have 225 yards on the ground.  QB rotation will be much better.

We need this to happen before the Texas A&M game away.  Will be interesting to see how A&M does this week after the loss to Miami.  Same issues against a lesser opponent?  Need to keep an eye on them this week to gauge where they are mentally and the best areas to attack them the following week.

Since I nailed my 52-16 prediction last week, I'm gonna go with

Us: 14

Them: 9

Seriously, if we don't get a shutout,  I'm gonna be very sad. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

45-0 call it a day

I think we're going to be pretty vanilla as not to show TAMU too much. That said, I hope we open up and really work the passing game. 

• Like 1

Balanced O, fewer mistakes. Hey, it's Samford.

My worry this game is Hugh's so intent on aTm etc not seing much that "Bewitched" Montgomery goes too vanilla. 

45 - 17, Auburn

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think we're going to be pretty vanilla as not to show TAMU too much. That said, I hope we open up and really work the passing game. 

It should have pitch and catch in this game so as not to show much. We just need the timing and correct route coordination between qb and receiver.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

It should have pitch and catch in this game so as not to show much. We just need the timing and correct route coordination between qb and receiver.

Yep, clean up the execution issues

• Like 1

i am thinking 3-2 good guys...........

We don't need to worry about "not showing " A@M too much. We need to run our whole offense . Work on timing , get a rhythm.  We ain't good enuf to hold back. We need to run our whole offense in prep of next week

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We don't need to worry about "not showing " A@M too much. We need to run our whole offense . Work on timing , get a rhythm.  We ain't good enuf to hold back. We need to run our whole offense in prep of next week

You can do all that running your base O. We need to fix the base before opening up and adding to it. 

• Like 1

I think it’ll be a 52-14 type game, because Hugh is going to pull the first team and go run heavy when we go up.

What should happen is we should be trying to win 80-0.

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Seriously, if we don't get a shutout,  I'm gonna be very sad. 

When was the last time we shutout a team? Early 2000s? 😂

Actually says 2019...my memory fails me for the 255th time this year in as many days.

Edited by SuperAUsome09
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You can do all that running your base O. We need to fix the base before opening up and adding to it. 

To me that depends.  If bringing Robby in to QB the red zone is part of our base. If that happens Robby may run for 4 TD, but in meantime other wrinkles don't get smoothed out . I like Danny Hugh, but he has got to get past the thought process of needing RA to win games. He may can play a part, but it isn't a necessity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1