Other peoples thoughts on cal's stadium

aubiefifty

I saw two Bama fans in addition to the one posted above.  One was at the Free House bar demanding that the staff turn the TV to the "Bama game."   I hope he got his wish and stayed to the bitter end.   I saw another inside the stadium as we were walking away from a big screen TV showing the game after Bama scored.   He made some comment about why we were leaving the "real game."   I had one student scream "**** you Auburn" loudly in my face by the porta potty. When I say in my face I mean literally 2 inches away.  As I've turned older, I have mellowed a great bit.  But, I will be honest, I snapped.   I didn't punch him, like 25 years ago, but I did put 2 hands on him, stopped him in his tracks, pulled him close and made sure no one else was subjected to him.    It was right behind section OO, and the 2 cops there witnessed the event and didn't seem to have any issue with what he said or me putting 2 hands on him.   The students chanting "**** you Auburn" wasn't pleasant particularly for the families that had children with them.  The other personal interactions with fans was very pleasant. I got to disagree with the statement "the stadium is no worse than JHS."   At JHS the porta potties are outside (for fans' convenience) not inside the stadium.    And the porta potties didn't have the optional urinal for the men to use.   In a word, they were nasty.   The PA system couldn't be heard and the Jumbotrons were jokes.   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You gotta remember, some of these cats still think the world is flat and that men can get pregnant.  

That sounds like that Baptist preacher I had to listen to this weekend! Broke his heart when I proved to him that the Rapture is unscriptural.  

2 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

That sounds like that Baptist preacher I had to listen to this weekend! Broke his heart when I proved to him that the Rapture is unscriptural.  

That may say more about you than him!! Lol

Some people just don't like different.

Just because it's different doesn't make them or us any better or worse.

The worst experiences I have had at games were at GT in 2003 with my wife and young daughter and her parents. The fans were extremely vulgar and just nasty.

Second worst were the AU fans we (my teenage daughter and nephew) sat in front of at the 2013 BCS game. (FSU game) Drunk, vulgar and extremely obnoxious. 

Everybody has them.

• Like 1

I love their campus... Lots of really tall evergreen trees, shady, nice topography and open spaces, streams, and old buildings. Their stadium has a classic arch for entering at either end and love the scale and architecture and there's not a bad seat in the place. Bar hopped  before the game and hung out the Faculty Club on campus with Cal fans and watched UT beat Alabama. Faculy Club was amazing and a bar and cafeteria. After the game went to a German beer bar and had Cal fans buy us drinks. It's was a great atmosphere and glad we won. 

If folks didn't enjoy it, they probably didn't want to and looked for it.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 8:07 PM, augolf1716 said:

I'm shocked.......................bunch of SOB's

i have heard several horror stories from auburn and bama fans. i would not go there if they paid me i always heard the stadium was a dump and not very well lit either.

• Like 1