They always knew what he was

TexasTiger

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Remember folks, the Media LOVED trump. 

Wait,,, I thought the media was out to get Trump?  You know,,, "Russia, Russia, Russia".

You remember when the media appointed special counsel.  You remember when the media lied about meetings with Russians and, the lies about meetings with Russians.

You remember the media asking the Russians to conceal Hillary's emails.  You remember the media hacking both the DNC and the RNC but,,, only revealing the DNC hack.

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You answered your own question.

Media follows popular fads/trends. It doesn't create them, it just amplifies them.  Trump understands that completely and is expert at attracting attention.

Then the SFs in media and America that cause the problems

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Wait,,, I thought the media was out to get Trump?  You know,,, "Russia, Russia, Russia".

You remember when the media appointed special counsel.  You remember when the media lied about meetings with Russians and, the lies about meetings with Russians.

You remember the media asking the Russians to conceal Hillary's emails.  You remember the media hacking both the DNC and the RNC but,,, only revealing the DNC hack.

Let me clarify:

Addenda: Barabra Walter tried to take trump out in 1990.

Prior to 2015: the Media LOVED trump. They were too busy french kissing his ass to take note that he was a complete douche. They gave him movies appearances, interview after interview on TV and then a TV show. 

After stumbling and bumbling into beating HRC in 2015-2016, all that changed. Afterwards, for 4-6 years, we got 24-7 coverage of the bogus Russians Russians Russians and the BS dossier and two impeachments that were never going anywhere. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

two impeachments that were never going anywhere. 

That is not the point.  Of course with a Republican controlled Senate the two impeachments "weren't going anywhere". 

Were the impeachments justified, necessary?  Are Presidents restrained by any laws, any moral/ethical standards?  Are these the types of actions that are the intent of the vagueness of "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

Is asking a foreign leader for political help and, insinuating that aid is conditioned upon that help, acceptable?  Is provoking an attack (the basis of which was lies) on the capitol acceptable?  You cannot seriously blame the media in either of these cases.  The evidence is well documented, recorded, right in your face.  Neither requires any real interpretation.  You cannot even seriously suppose that "normal" politics is the basis.  Both instances are serious threats to an already fragile democracy.  Neither of these situations should be considered normal or, acceptable.

Trump's actions are his own.  They cannot be defended, certainly not justified by,,, the media, the DNC, politics.

The Republican Party claims to be the party of law and order.  In some way, they are if, you only consider the crime at the "bottom" of society.  However, at the top, they are a crime syndicate.  Watergate, Iran/Contra, War on Drugs, Weapons of Mass Destruction, January 6th,,, all are serious threats to the foundational restraints on government, on our concept of "government of the people".

On 9/10/2023 at 9:15 AM, Mikey said:

Sigh.... Many of us still speak the truth about who Trump is and will still vote for him if his opponent is Biden. If you wonder why, look no farther than today's New York.

Wrong! I don't care about Party as much as you Dems on this forum do. I've voted for Democrats in the past. When is the last time you voted for a Republican candidate?

Immigration policy, energy policy, Afghanistan disaster, said Afghanistan disaster emboldens Putin to invade Ukraine, the weak, slow response to which emboldens china to be more aggressive towards Taiwan, inability to remember where he is or what he's supposed to do at appearances. I could go on but that will suffice for now.

Last time I voted for a Republican?  Brian Kemp - governor of Georgia

Afghanistan has absolutely nothing to do with Russia's decision to go into Ukraine.  That is nothing more than a talking point pushed by right wing media.  Donald Trump has praised Putin's "toughness" so many times, yet you think he would have acted in a way to discourage Putin?  That doesn't make any sense.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Afghanistan has absolutely nothing to do with Russia's decision to go into Ukraine.  That is nothing more than a talking point pushed by right wing media.  Donald Trump has praised Putin's "toughness" so many times, yet you think he would have acted in a way to discourage Putin?  That doesn't make any sense.

Biden's weakness in Afghanistan absolutely encouraged Putin to invade. Putin's assessment was somewhat accurate too, as Biden failed to provide the requested help at the start of the thing. Had Biden acted like an American president should have acted that war would be over now.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

And the last time you voted for a Republican presidential candidate in a general election?