We did not crack the coaches top 25 poll

aubiefifty

we received 22 votes. number one received 1647. that is one hell of difference. i know we have a ways to go but i believe we are better than they claim. i hope coach and company use this for bulletin board material. it appears almost disrespectful. now let me say i do not want something for nothing like other fans but good grief.

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-remains-no-1-florida-171521315.html?

For now I’d rather fly under the radar while we get things figured out than have a target on our back that may not be deserved

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

#24 is Duke who beat the pee out of Clemson and #25 is Colorado who had one of the bigger wins in recent memory. I’m not sure where Auburn is supposed to fit in there lol 

i get that but only 22 votes? am i wrong to think this is messed up? this means damn near everyone thinks we suck,right?

I am fine with not being in the Top 25 for now.  We have too much to work on currently without the extra noise of where we rank.  If we win the rankings will come in time.  Don't need this team getting big heads anyways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am fine with not being in the Top 25 for now.  We have too much to work on currently without the extra noise of where we rank.  If we win the rankings will come in time.  Don't need this team getting big heads anyways.

i get all that but you guys are missing my point. i feel we have been disrespected. i just woke up from a nap so maybe i am just crabby but i am not pleased. i think we are better than what we received.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i get that but only 22 votes? am i wrong to think this is messed up? this means damn near everyone thinks we suck,right?

We’re a formerly 5-7 team that beat UMass and had a really good transfer class. I don’t know how much higher that’s supposed to get you brother. It’s just much better narratives (I can’t even really say teams) hanging around that late 20s spot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We would be 'dogs against likely any team in the top 25 at a neutral site.  Against any team with a solid o-line and running back, we likely give up 250 yards rushing.  I love Auburn, but let's be real.

• Like 2

i still think we are better. i know the minutemen are not world beaters but they looked decent in their win. also i expect a big jump performance wise since the biggest strides made are between the first two games normally?

I don’t think we are very good… yet. We may be later in the season. We will see. 40 new players and many of them starters. Like Freeze said yesterday, we did not even line up correctly on 13 plays. 

I want to see how we do against a completely rebuilt Cal team on the road. 
Auburn has never won in California. It is a tall task even against a mediocre (or maybe decent) P5 team. 

We win Saturday, people will notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butthead said:

We would be 'dogs against likely any team in the top 25 at a neutral site.  Against any team with a solid o-line and running back, we likely give up 250 yards rushing.  I love Auburn, but let's be real.

We also need to see if Payton is worthwhile in the big games. I’m fine with him as a starter, but the version of him from last year isn’t winning you many games. That’s the one thing that made Colorado sexy as a “miracle run” team - they have a top tier QB, an OC that has recent success scheming, and they have the most talented player in virtually every single possible matchup. We only have one of those 3 narratives really working for us 

i believe that dang dirty hars took some of that buyout money and spent it bribing folks to make us look worse so he looks better..................um this is a joke for those not sure.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i get all that but you guys are missing my point. i feel we have been disrespected. i just woke up from a nap so maybe i am just crabby but i am not pleased. i think we are better than what we received.

I think you are overthinking it.  We are only three days into the season.  Give it time.  Let that meat marinate first before you cook it.

• Like 2

Just now, abw0004 said:

I think you are overthinking it.  We are only three days into the season.  Give it time.  Let that meat marinate first before you cook it.

i do too much overthinking. again i do not want something for nothing i just think we are better than 22 points. it just comes off as insulting.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Have another gummy, it'll be okay. 😉 It's not where you start but where you finish that counts. 

there was a time i would fight you over Auburn quicker than i would if you insulted my mother. but then my mom had a nasty right along with a decent jab..............grins

Just now, gr82be said:

Have another gummy, it'll be okay. 😉 It's not where you start but where you finish that counts. 

lol.  i took a half this morning. i like a buzz but not 24/7. lol

• Haha 1

As I understand it, it's not always the actual coaches that vote in the poll, sooo... I mean, when can they even watch all those games?

• Like 1

Just now, stoic-one said:

As I understand it, it's not always the actual coaches that vote in the poll, sooo... I mean, when can they even watch all those games?

yes they have lbn or something like that partnered with them. retired coaches maybe? it lists their names in small print if i did not screw the link up.

yahoo.com

Auburn gains votes in latest US LBM Coaches Poll

JD McCarthyTue, September 5, 2023 at 12:46 PM CDT·2 min read0Link Copied
~2 minutes

7f73db9dd39012bfe22373656ee777f3

For the second straight week, the Auburn Tigers find themselves receiving votes in the US LBM Coaches Poll but not enough to be ranked.

The Tigers saw a slight increase in their votes after starting the Hugh Freeze era off with a dominant 59-14 win over UMass in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Going from 18 votes in the preseason poll to 22 in the latest edition.

That puts them behind seven other teams in the SEC, No. 1 Georgia, No. 3 Alabama, No. 9 Tennessee, No. 14 LSU, No. 20 Ole Miss, No. 23 Texas A&M and Kentucky, who received 50 votes.

The Tigers will have another chance to rise up the rankings this week when they travel to California to take on the Cal Golden Bears (1-0).

Here is a look at the full poll:

Schools Dropped Out

No. 16 Texas Christian; No. 24 Texas Tech.

Others Receiving Votes

Iowa 111; Pittsburgh 53; Kentucky 50; UCLA 44; Texas Christian 40; Fresno State 30; Miami 22; Auburn 22; Arkansas 18; Maryland 14; Missouri 13; Troy 11; Oklahoma State 11; NC State 10; Illinois 9; Wyoming 8; Washington State 7; Wake Forest 7; Air Force 7; Minnesota 6; Mississippi State 5; South Carolina 4; Kansas 4; Texas Tech 3; Southern Methodist 3; Central Florida 3; Houston 2; Texas-San Antonio 1; Michigan State 1; Memphis 1; Louisville 1; James Madison 1; Arizona 1.

Contact/Follow us @TheAuburnWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinions. You can also follow JD on Twitter @jdmccarthy15.

Story originally appeared on Auburn Wire

We aren't a top 25 team right now. If we are good this year, just expect us to not get much love for awhile because the voters/media don't expect us to be any good this year. 

Vegas has us winning 5.8 games. ESPN has us finishing 5-7 overall and 1-7 in conference. Just about all predictions outside of our fanbase have been 5-7 or 6-6. 

I just think voters and media are spooked by how bad our last few years have gone so they are hesitant to jump on board. Some even have us losing to Cal. I know Cal isn't as bad as they were the last few years but if we lose to them, then we are in trouble. That Cal program is just bad.

• Like 1

The SEC is looking bad against Power 5 schools. Utah smoked Florida. North Carolina smoked South Carolina. Florida St. smoked LSU.

Tennessee is the only SEC team that won against a Power 5 school. They beat Virginia. 

• Like 1

Much of the whole premise of the previous years record is going to fizzle over time, to some extent, with the portal and NIL, just ask Prime.

• Like 1