This is who our D has to prepare for this week

Viper

I see a lot of missed tackles by smaller defenders in that highlight. I think the Cal run game is being built up due to a poor North Texas defense. That being said, Auburn's run defense hasn't shown to be good. So  it will be interesting to see the product Saturday night. 

My guess is that Auburn and Call will find it harder to run the ball than they did week one. But it is one one person's opinion. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

You ain’t met my wife.

Well I haven't. But I was speaking of football playing males. As for the other, it sounds like I married your wife's sister. That I didn't know mine had. 🤔

Cal QBs (both of them) and RB looked good in their cupcake game -- same as Auburn. Cal OL looked much improved over last year -- much as Auburn. Cal secondary looked much better this time, as did Auburn's.

A night game in Berkeley is a VERY LATE NIGHT game for Auburn.

This is not a gimmee. Auburn really needs this game, because games vs SEC teams ...... meh.

30 minutes ago, mb711 said:

You think Auburn will have ~40k fans there?

IDK. I hope so.  Probably wrong.  Ha

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

As of Monday, on local radio they said that there was less than 3000 tickets left...who knows how many actually show up

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Cal QBs (both of them) and RB looked good in their cupcake game -- same as Auburn. Cal OL looked much improved over last year -- much as Auburn. Cal secondary looked much better this time, as did Auburn's.

A night game in Berkeley is a VERY LATE NIGHT game for Auburn.

This is not a gimmee. Auburn really needs this game, because games vs SEC teams ...... meh.

We are talking about 18-23 year olds, I think they will be fine starting at 9:30 PM CST.  US old farts around here might have some difficulties, though.

Auburn’s biggest issue on defense last week was getting lined up correctly.  Hugh harped on that in the coaches meeting.  You can get away with that against lesser talent sometimes (see Ga State 2020) but you can’t against good offenses.  Lining up correctly will improve throughout the season but I bet Cal catches Auburn a couple times for big runs.  

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I bet Cal catches Auburn a couple times for big runs.  

It’s going to happen. Ott is a stud. The question is…how will our D adjust?

When we had Tubs and they had Tedford this was a matchup I always wanted to see in either the postseason or regular season 

I remember actually prediction Auburn vs Cal The national championship during the 2006 season but Cal laid an egg against Tennessee to kick things off and we lost to arky and Georgia 

4 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

image.png.6df7765b124c199a66b5343825c6de9b.png

Dear football gods.

We ask thee for a Freeze Advisory of 400 yards rushing along with 5 rushing TDs in a runaway 2nd half blowout of our future ACC opponent.

Ott's an SEC caliber RB😉.

Seriously, this game is SO important for Auburn - lose to Cal and chances of making a bowl become much much less likely. Hard to recruit when you dont make any bowl in back to back seasons.

• Like 1