This is who our D has to prepare for this week

Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Ott reminds me of Tre Mason. Shifty, quick and powerful.

Their backup, Isaiah Ifanse, is equally powerful...

Wow. Good call. I sometimes try and describe Mason's running style to younger folks. You just showed me how. Do you think that dude is faster than Trey? Ott, I mean. 

• Like 1

Same guy ran for 100+ opening week vs a bad team then ran for ~65 yards a game vs P5 teams the rest of the year.

Do t get fooled/scared due to bad opponents 

• Like 8

Yeah, he's pretty good. But our D sees tougher backs every day in practice.  California soft is going to run into Southeast hard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Same guy ran for 100+ opening week vs a bad team then ran for ~65 yards a game vs P5 teams the rest of the year.

I'm never scared. It's hard to get hurt on the couch or the bleachers. 😉.

I was more interested in the style of running. I always thought Trey looked like a powerful water bug or something. It's just hard to explain for someone with my limited intelligence. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think we are more worried about our run defense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Eh, take away the opening drive and UMASS rushed for like 75 yards on 22 carries.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Eh, take away the opening drive and UMASS rushed for like 75 yards on 22 carries.  

I agree, but that was after the QB run was removed from the playbook. I put more on the injury than I do us making changes.

• Like 4

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I agree, but that was after the QB run was removed from the playbook. I put more on the injury than I do us making changes.

Maybe a little of both.  Getting Riley and Keys out of the game made a solid difference too

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Wow. Good call. I sometimes try and describe Mason's running style to younger folks. You just showed me how. Do you think that dude is faster than Trey? Ott, I mean. 

Faster than 2013 Mason, yes, but only because Mason bulked up prior to that season.

2011 Mason was near equal to Ott's speed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, he's pretty good. But our D sees tougher backs every day in practice.  California soft is going to run into Southeast hard.

Disagreed. I would be shocked if Ott isn't drafted and doesn't make a NFL squad in 2025. Dude is legit.

That said, this will be one of the toughest tests their O-Line has ever faced.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe a little of both.  Getting Riley and Keys out of the game made a solid difference too

This exchange is the most substance I've seen in a couple days. 

• Haha 1

The Cal running attack will be a much bigger test for our DL than UMass was, but still won’t be as big of a test as some of the SEC schedule (due to much better OL play).   Should be a good test and “ramp up” game.  

• Like 1

lookstome like the mean green played like walmart greeters.......

Need to play keep away on offense. Slow drives and don’t allow Cal to get the ball. Use the clock and run the ball. The new clock rule may allow AU to have the ball a full quarter lol. 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Need to play keep away on offense. Slow drives and don’t allow Cal to get the ball. Use the clock and run the ball. The new clock rule may allow AU to have the ball a full quarter lol. 

2006 South Carolina game!!

• Like 1

AU ground game needs to control the crowd and the line of scrimmage. I believe we have the size and backfield to do so. Not to Mention the read option with Robbie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

control the crowd

Auburn will have 70% of fans in that stadium

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm never scared. It's hard to get hurt on the couch or the bleachers. 😉.

I was more interested in the style of running. I always thought Trey looked like a powerful water bug or something. It's just hard to explain for someone with my limited intelligence. 

You ain’t met my wife.

• Haha 1