Hugh Freeze - Press Conference 09/04/2023

Paladin

I can't remember a coach being this honest in a press conference. He's still a coach , as you can tell when he coach speaks about the guys who may or may not play, but to do a 'whoops! our bad' over the uncovered receiver was pretty special. It is concerning that we lined up incorrectly on D 13 times. A work in progress..

• Like 4

the man is so refreshing!

• Like 2

I generally did not listen to any of these in the past because they were so boring. You have to hand it to freeze, there is no coach speak. 
that might be the first press conference in 12 years I enjoyed

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I generally did not listen to any of these in the past because they were so boring. You have to hand it to freeze, there is no coach speak. 
that might be the first press conference in 12 years did I enjoyed

i wish some of the guys that left would give him a chance and come back. he never liked the way i roll but i miss ol brad as well as others. i believe freeze has learned his lesson and i believe we are better for it. the other guy was like a super lib i really enjoyed. he backed up everything he said. i wish he was back. we have all struggled through some tuff times and we are finally headed in the right direction. AND with someone that loves Auburn and the south without thinking we are all ignorant rednecks.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i wish some of the guys that left would give him a chance and come back. he never liked the way i roll but i miss ol brad as well as others. i believe freeze has learned his lesson and i believe we are better for it. the other guy was like a super lib i really enjoyed. he backed up everything he said. i wish he was back. we have all struggled through some tuff times and we are finally headed in the right direction. AND with someone that loves Auburn and the south without thinking we are all ignorant rednecks.

Let Freeze start getting things to a championship level and these that ‘left’ won’t remember their grandparent’s names, much less that they were ever gone.😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Let Freeze start getting things to a championship level and these that ‘left’ won’t remember their grandparent’s names, much less that they were ever gone.😆

maybe. i have known some stubborn folks in my time. i hope you are right.

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe. i have known some stubborn folks in my time. i hope you are right.

We’ll if they don’t, they were never true Auburn people.

@Paladin thanks for posting.  @JuscAUse! heard 13, I heard 15 plays where the D failed to get lined up correctly.  I didn't replay and double check.  Regardless 13 or 15, iIf you take out the 1 play right before half where UMass wasn't trying to do anything, they only had 50 offensive snaps, and we failed to get lined up almost 33% of the time.   Needless to say that is a real serious problem.         

Fair being uncovered -- how brutally honest was CHF when he said that was on us as we simply haven't covered what to do there.   The ability to admit your own mistakes is so important.

CHF losing his mind and that messing with Thorne -- again CHF owns it -- "I've got to react in a way that makes him better."

His brutal assessment of UMass -- again just telling the truth.

Wideouts -- it seems Jay and Javarious are the only ones who are consistently at the exact right spot at the exact right time.  Some of that is to be expected with so many new faces.   Malcolm getting healthy is important.

Oline -- sounds like we have 8 or 9 that they really trust.

Dline -- not getting off blocks -- this isn't something that changes overnight.

Robby --  CHF is trying real hard to keep Robby engaged -- loved the gentle way he got on the reporter a little -- it's not like we got down in the red zone and I said hey let's give this a try...

Cal --  sounds like their tailback is really talented.

WDE 

• Like 2