2025 4* S Eric Winters Commits To AU!!!

ellitor

• 4 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, woodford said:

I see Eric Winters is crystal ball’s to us but is there a timeline for him yet? I didn’t see a thread on him. 

Soon, within the next month... Maybe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, woodford said:

I see Eric Winters is crystal ball’s to us but is there a timeline for him yet? I didn’t see a thread on him. 

@woodford Late December, Early January. Also moved your post in his thread. His thread was on the bottom of the 2nd page of the Recruiting Forum.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@woodford Late December, Early January. Also moved your post in his thread. His thread was on the bottom of the 2nd page of the Recruiting Forum.

Oh ok thank you. Sorry, I didn’t see it. Appreciate the update. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This kid is a freaking stud . 

Facts......

Can't wait for the next 2-3 years....

LB- Riddick, Phillips, Barbers and Winters at the LB 2 deep.

Edge- Waller and Little Faulk-er hehe

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* S Eric Winters
2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I really want him here.  I think He's gonna be really good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I really want him here.  I think He's gonna be really good.

The on3 guys say Winters and Fegans are two guys AU wont let get away. Hope thats the case, 2 really top end players.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bump. It appears AU has seized momentum here from UGa. JLee & Tom Loy (National Recruiting Analyst from 247) just put picks in for AU, to go along with the picks Cole & Clemente put in months ago. EW is on a surprise visit to AU today & per JLee, brought his grandmother who had not been on any of his visits anywhere till now.

• Like 4

FWIW Clemente is thinking Winters could pop this weekend.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Like a cork from a champaign bottle?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yesssssssssss! Let’s GOOOOOOOOOO! Maybe the biggest defensive get this class! Outside of a Melendez or Nate Marshall

• Like 2

BREAKING: 4-star DB Eric Winters, a top-65 recruit, commits to Auburn

Four-star defensive back Eric Winters has committed to Auburn.

Winters, who attends Enterprise (Ala.) High School), announced his decision Saturday on social media. He chose Auburn over Georgia, Miami, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and USC, among others.

A big reason for Winters choosing Auburn is new safeties coach Charles Kelly.

“(Kelly) has a good history and he puts a bunch of people in the league,” Winters said. “It seems like he knows what he’s doing. I feel like I can trust him with my future and he can develop me into the player I want to be.

“I mean talking to Coach Kelly, he’s coached people who look like me and has put people in the league that look like me and things like that. It’s really all a blessing to have someone who knows what to do and has had people like me. Guys like Derwin James.”

Freeze, Durkin had roles in Winter committing to Auburn

Kelly isn’t the only reason. Hugh Freeze and defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin also played pivotal roles in Winters choosing Auburn.

“Coach Durkin has coached guys like Jabrill Peppers who are so multiple and versatile,” he said. “Coach Freeze, he’s really impressed me a lot since I’ve met him. He’s a family guy and he preaches about the importance of family.

“Those guys are pretty persuasive and I’ve built really good relationships with them. I’ve been going there since I was a freshman and since I’ve been on campus this spring, there’s been a change in the atmosphere. Everybody there just wants to play football.” 

Winters made his commitment while on an official visit to Auburn. He also took official visits to Miami and Georgia.

From recruit to recruiter

Winters is listed at 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds. The On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies, ranks him the No. 8 safety in the country. Winters also ranks the No. 65 overall recruit in the class and No. 5 in Alabama.

Auburn now has commitments from three of the top 8 overall recruits in Alabama and is the presumed leader for a fourth (safety Anquon Fegans).

Winters is Auburn’s 15th commitment and the highest-ranked recruit in the Tigers’ 2025 recruiting class. He now is working to get others to join him.

“I am already working guys,” he told On3’s Chad Simmons. “It starts with my teammate Zion Grady. I am going after Alvin HendersonJulian LewisKJ Lacey and some others.

“Coach Freeze has this group of defensive players in Alabama he wants called the ‘Super 7’. Guys like Jared SmithAnquon FegansNa’eem Offord and Zion are guys that haven’t committed yet. I will be on all of those guys.”

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* S Eric Winters Commits To AU!!!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

I am already working guys,” he told On3’s Chad Simmons. “It starts with my teammate Zion Grady. I am going after Alvin HendersonJulian LewisKJ Lacey and some others.

At this point Im expecting that we will land JuJu, but if we also somehow landed KJ it will definitely feel like we can recruit like the big boys have been. 
I mean JuJu is more than enough but multiple extremely talented kids coming in to compete against each other is just something we have been lacking…especially at QB. 

WELCOME ABOARD MR.WINTERS!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

I am already working guys,” he told On3’s Chad Simmons. “It starts with my teammate Zion Grady. I am going after Alvin HendersonJulian LewisKJ Lacey and some others.

At this point Im expecting that we will land JuJu, but if we also somehow landed KJ it will definitely feel like we can recruit like the big boys have been. 
I mean JuJu is more than enough but multiple extremely talented kids coming in to compete against each other is just something we have been lacking…especially at QB. 

WELCOME ABOARD MR.WINTERS!

Think Lacey is just the primary backup plan in case they stop pursuing JuJu, but others may know more than me. Winters is just probably cool with both of them so he's going to pitch the program to them. 

• Like 3