Only Al.com would run this story about AU/Deion

LPTiger

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

I was on the Deion bandwagon before we hired Freeze. I like Deion and am glad they won yesterday but his press conference yesterday could have been a bit classier. I get that he's endured a lot from the media regarding his roster turnover and how he handled that talking point but he could be more forgiving in his success. He loves to present his Christianity when he has an opportunity but yesterday he was  petty and sarcastic in his approach to a reporter's comment about how well his son played at QB. Time to move forward Deion and walk the Christian walk if you're going to talk it. I still like him, just don't care for that part of him. 

Good points! No one is perfect but if you’re going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Good points! No one is perfect but if you’re going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

That's something nice always appreciated about Deion.  He says what he gonna do and then does it.  Brash? Sure.  But the great ones typically are. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Goodman has an article up where he says Auburn made a 1,000% mistake not hiring Deion. The day after we have a record breaking crowd and a 45 point win, Goodman claims we failed.  I was a fan of Deion to AU, but after hearing his comments once he was hired at Colorado that he did not plan to spend time with boosters, I realized hiring Deion would have been a mistake.   Someone can probably post his comments, but he essentially said HIS time was too IMPORTANT to be spent with boosters.   I don't recall him qualifying his comments in any way.  Wherever Deion is, Prime is going to make it more about Prime than he is his employer.   That may very well work great at Colorado, but it would not have worked at Auburn.   Auburn boosters greatly love Auburn football, but they love Auburn University much more.   Anyone who puts themselves before Auburn is doomed to failure.   One would think an honest journalist, and not one trying to find some shade to throw, would realize that obvious fact.  But hey, they are named AL.com after all.  

you know i post a lot of al.com articles right? However if i post it i have no problem if anyone skips over those articles. but here is two things. when i post i try to post for everyone. i do not allow my own personal feelings to dictate what i post because no one is the same. and to be fair there have been a couple of days since i have been doing this they were literally the only game in town that day. the second is the hate. we hate finebaum. we hate al.com. we hate this announcer. we hate that announcer. guys that is a lot of hate to carry around and i refuse to do it. i know this will not be popular and i apologize for any offended. i am a huge Auburn fan and i love most of our talking has always been done on the field. anywho..........................LP you owe me a huge cheesebirger now....................lol

• Like 3

Auburn could not have done any better than Freeze.  He brought in a great staff, he is a great coach and Auburn is his dream job.  He wants to be at Auburn long term and 3 years from now Auburn will be back in the upper tier of the SEC.  Deion is all about Deion.   Kiffin is all about Kiffin.  Three years from now who knows where they will be.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Auburn could not have done any better than Freeze.  He brought in a great staff, he is a great coach and Auburn is his dream job.  He wants to be at Auburn long term and 3 years from now Auburn will be back in the upper tier of the SEC.  Deion is all about Deion.   Kiffin is all about Kiffin.  Three years from now who knows where they will be.  

besides winning games i love that he lifts people up.

• Like 4

What was y'all's take on his comments about not being a Seminole?  This week a reporter asked him about the Miami/FSU rivalry, and he said he wasn't a Seminole.  He said you are where you graduate from, and he said he graduated from a HBCU (Talladega College in 2020).  On the one hand, I commend him for bringing attention to the HBCUs, but he choose not to play for one and he just left one for a bigger platform and paycheck.  He spent 4 years at FSU, and they have retired his jersey.  They love him there.  He is their best ever athlete IMO.   I'm not clear what his intent is.   More important, I'm glad our greatest athletes, BO, CHARLES, FRANK and CAM still love Auburn and still choose to love on Auburn!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you know i post a lot of al.com articles right? However if i post it i have no problem if anyone skips over those articles. but here is two things. when i post i try to post for everyone. i do not allow my own personal feelings to dictate what i post because no one is the same. and to be fair there have been a couple of days since i have been doing this they were literally the only game in town that day. the second is the hate. we hate finebaum. we hate al.com. we hate this announcer. we hate that announcer. guys that is a lot of hate to carry around and i refuse to do it. i know this will not be popular and i apologize for any offended. i am a huge Auburn fan and i love most of our talking has always been done on the field. anywho..........................LP you owe me a huge cheesebirger now....................lol

I'm going to pick you up a double double from In & Out on my way to the airport Sunday.   It will be one of the best burgers you have ever eaten.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

What was y'all's take on his comments about not being a Seminole?  This week a reporter asked him about the Miami/FSU rivalry, and he said he wasn't a Seminole.  He said you are where you graduate from, and he said he graduated from a HBCU (Talladega College in 2020).  On the one hand, I commend him for bringing attention to the HBCUs, but he choose not to play for one and he just left one for a bigger platform and paycheck.  He spent 4 years at FSU, and they have retired his jersey.  They love him there.  He is their best ever athlete IMO.   I'm not clear what his intent is.   More important, I'm glad our greatest athletes, BO, CHARLES, FRANK and CAM still love Auburn and still choose to love on Auburn!!!!

i never heard what but frank thomas had some kind of issue with Auburn for years but they seemed to have worked it out with the new statue and all that went with it.

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

I'm going to pick you up a double double from In & Out on my way to the airport Sunday.   It will be one of the best burgers you have ever eaten.

i need to get out more. i have never been to a buccees or how ever you spell it. jax state folks are getting a whataburger but it will be next year. but the rocket in jvill has a whattaburger that is to die for. you have to hold it with two hands and it is very messy he just went and dried out and i am going to treat him to a meal and take him to get his meds at wally. he is a really great dude and i was shocked when he turned himself in. weird how i used to have it in my mind that other folks prayers meant more than mine.  i was going to get you to pray for him but i think my prayer was accepted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I think getting rejected by FSU fuels him a little bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never heard what but frank thomas had some kind of issue with Auburn for years but they seemed to have worked it out with the new statue and all that went with it.

It was self-inflicted by us.   We had statues of Pat, Bo and Cam outside JHS but the only SEC player in the MLB Hall of Fame didn't have squat outside Plainsman Park.  CBT seized on it immediately.   State had statues of several players who were not in the HOF, and he knew it was an issue.   AND, we got that fixed this year.   If you haven't seen it it is worth driving over to campus.  It captures just how large of a human being big hurt really is.  Even when we didn't have the statue he was still involved, just not as much as we wanted see. e.g. the ESPN 30/30 on BO, BARKLEY and THE BIG HURT.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

They don’t love him there anymore then we love our players. They love what he did for them. He knows the game and that’s why players will want to play for him.  But even after all of that they still didn’t give him a job. An HBCU did. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The hate for Deion on this forum is wild. Picking apart everything he says just to try and make him look bad is pretty sad. But since you asked, I have no problem with what he said. Next question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

They don’t love him there anymore then we love our players. They love what he did for them. He knows the game and that’s why players will want to play for him. 

Exactly. People need to stop playing holier than thou. 95% of fans love these players for what they do on the football field. Nothing more. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 4

Hes the ultimate persona and competitor. I like him a lot and believe his ceiling is ridiculous - however he’s also  deeply, deeply polarizing. Which au couldn’t/can’t handle any more of.  We’re drama-fatigued and need unification. Doesn’t matter anyway.  That ship has sailed. Heck, some lsu fans are already screaming for him which is a sign of the chaos that’s coming - if Colorado has any kind of a season  his name will be a the top of most vacancies for the foreseeable future.

We have our coach and I like prime.  Happy ending for both. Time to move on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

If any of you ever get one of these from me, it doesn’t mean “Thanks” as the forum software has designated.  It means “Great point; You deserve a trophy!”

Its essentially worth about 5 likes.

image.jpeg.e10129c9a389218151e8cd6f3d4b4bc1.jpeg

Edited by AUDevil
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If any of you ever get one of these from me, it doesn’t mean “Thanks” as the forum software has designated.  It means “Great point; You deserve a trophy!”

image.jpeg.e10129c9a389218151e8cd6f3d4b4bc1.jpeg

I do deserve a friggin trophy damn it 😎. I was the bumblehead that wrote “The case for Deion” last year. I was a huge Prime advocate. But looking back, given our booster and fan dynamics, our bipolar history, and that ultimately it’d be the prime and not the auburn show - it probably would be a fun sexy date, but a very bad marriage. Again, happy ending, time to move on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DAG said:

They don’t love him there anymore then we love our players. They love what he did for them. He knows the game and that’s why players will want to play for him.  But even after all of that they still didn’t give him a job. An HBCU did. 

He didn't get the job at FSU because his only prior coaching experience was a couple of years at high school level. If you can think of a college coach who went from less than a handful of years in a high school to head coach at one of the nation's top 25 collegiate programs, let me know because I am unaware of it. 

51 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

He didn't get the job at FSU because his only prior coaching experience was a couple of years at high school level. If you can think of a college coach who went from less than a handful of years in a high school to head coach at one of the nation's top 25 collegiate programs, let me know because I am unaware of it. 

Deion Sanders is not like most other college coaches. I can't think of a college coach who got Jackson state on primetime and a gameday visit either (While also actually winning). We are not talking about a "standard" college coach either. Now we see he flipped Colorado's whole roster and beat a top 25 team, national championship runner up in his first power 5 game. With that being said, FSU can do what they want, but don't be upset when Deion claims his HBCU as to where he his from. Not saying, you are doing this but that was the context I was responding to. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Deion Sanders is not like most other college coaches. I can't think of a college coach who got Jackson state on primetime and a gameday visit either (While also actually winning). We are not talking about a "standard" college coach either. Now we see he flipped Colorado's whole roster and beat a top 25 team, national championship runner up in his first power 5 game. With that being said, FSU can do what they want, but don't be upset when Deion claims his HBCU as to where he his from. Not saying, you are doing this but that was the context I was responding to. 

This answer lends credence to claims that Sanders followers are less like fans and more like cult members. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

This answer lends credence to claims that Sanders followers are less like fans and more like cult members. 

Literally all college fans are cultish fans, that is neither here nor there. But everything else I said is fact. I mean he did win against a top 25 team in his first game with an abysmal program (Three touchdown under dogs) or is that fairy tale talk too?  What about all the professional athletes who have given all the props to Deion Sanders particularly after this past weekend, cult fans too? 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Literally all college fans are cultish fans, is that is neither here nor there. But everything else I said is fact. I mean he did win against a top 25 team in his first game with an abysmal program (Three touchdown under dogs) or is that fairy tale talk too? 

It could prove a monumental win. It could also prove to be indicative of TCU's diminished capabilities as well. Right now, there is no way to know for sure until a few more games are out of the way. 

Did Colorado look better? On offense, yes, they did. Did the team look more focused and motivated? Yes, they did. He gets credit for that. He has taken full advantage of the circumstances presented. 

But sports media's outsized reaction to any and every thing Sanders does -- and let's not forget, he is "one of their own" -- isn't always the best barometer. 

Edited by Scribe Tiger
grammar
  • Like 1