* Official Auburn vs. UMass Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Special teams blunder to start the third quarter.  Nice.

There was a hole over there and the kicker just missed it. Our guy was the only one near.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

There was a hole over there and the kicker just missed it. Our guy was the only one near.

Again no reason to do that when you’re up this much.  Just kick it normally. 

Just want to point out that my man, Keionte, applied the pressure that caused that pick 6. I'm just saying... 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

At this point, we know Ashford can run, why not start him and run the zone read and then play action.  Could his throws be any worse than Thorne’s?  I don’t think so. 

I believe his throws are much worse. I chalk up some of Thornes bad throws as jitters and I noticed a couple of the receivers not getting off the line very well. First game and going to take some time to gel and get on the same page. I don’t think our D is very good at this point and our O looks no different than last year. I’m hoping they are just being vanilla against what is and should be an inferior team.  I do believe 6/6 is the ceiling this year though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

I believe his throws are much worse. I chalk up some of Thornes bad throws as jitters and I noticed a couple of the receivers not getting off the line very well. First game and going to take some time to gel and get on the same page. I don’t think our D is very good at this point and our O looks no different than last year. I’m hoping they are just being vanilla against what is and should be an inferior team.  I do believe 6/6 is the ceiling this year though.

Which is why Ashford could run the zone read with play action.  I don’t think his throws are that much worse.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

If you think this offense resembles last year in any way I just don't know what to tell ya.

Wait, I guess wore blue jerseys both years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Which is why Ashford could run the zone read with play action.  I don’t think his throws are that much worse.  

From past experience, their defense agrees with you.

Edited by CCTAU