* Official Auburn vs. UMass Game Thread *

abw0004

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I’ve said it many times and I’ll keep saying it on here. I think Cobb is the most talented RB on the roster 

Idk if he's better than Hunter, but he's explosive 

Needs make carries 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent game plan IMHO, mediocre execution. This game convinces me more than ever next week's game vs Cal is CRITICAL to our having a shot at a bowl this season.

We can finish top 15 next season and if Holden doesn't transfer, contend in 2025.

• Like 2

Great win. We’re way ahead of where I thought we were. Offense needs to clean up execution errors. Glad the defense seemed to find an identity as the game went on. Hopefully that group continues to grow. 
Good news that Cal looked awful against North Texas, so at least we have some time to get things cleaned up before we play against a decent team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Decent game plan IMHO, mediocre execution. This game convinces me more than ever next week's game vs Cal is CRITICAL to our having a shot at a bowl this season.

We can finish top 15 next season and if Holden doesn't transfer, contend in 2025.

Holden is the real deal! Now, with Walker White coming in; what a quarterback room!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Anybody watch Faulk? Kid demands double teams whenever in the game, at least against this level of competition. 

He'll be our next great DT

• Like 1

Regardless of how CHF turns out (at this point I feel hopeful--yes really), time for a mea culpa. I was pro-hiring Jeff Grimes because of how desperate Gus and Potato Man made me for good OL recruiting.

Baylor is currently down 21-6 to Texas State.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can’t complain about that game. If we had continued our Payton from 20-20 and Robbie redzone offense, we would have put up 80 on those guys. 

I will say this. I’m all for getting point and a win is a win. But taking Payton out in the redzone isn’t going to ultimately help anything. It’s a nice cheat code to let Robbie run, but PT could probably use those back corner of the end zone reps with the receivers. 

But what do I know. I’m no High Freeze. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 6

I wouldve really liked to have seen the ball in the air more today. Going on the road for a 9 PM game, I think there are still big questions in that part of the offense. I may have missed it did Fairweather have a pass thrown his way today?

Edited by CR
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can’t complain about that game. If we had continued our Payton from 20-20 and Robbie redzone offense, we would have put up 80 on those guys. 

I will say this. I’m all for getting point and a win is a win. But taking Payton out in the redzone isn’t going to ultimately help anything. It’s a nice cheat code to let Robbie run, but PT could probably use those back corner of the end zone reps with the receivers. 

Totally agreed. I think early on was a balance of making sure we put the game away (and give the offense the confidence boost of finishing the drive with a TD), but Payton has some polishing out to do in the red zone for sure. Hopefully keeps Robbie in a good headspace in the meantime, imagine won’t have quite as easy of a go next week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Idk if he's better than Hunter, but he's explosive 

Needs make carries 

I think he is personally which is saying a lot. But time will tell

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He'll be our next great DT

That sack from the DT was mostly Faulk. Guard split out to help the Tackle against Faulk and boom, DT one on one against the Center. They couldn’t block Faulk with one player. 

Edited by AUStew87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think it's mainly because her voice sucks. 

That's absolutely it. I'd rather listen to Fran Drescher, Joan Rivers, Miley Cyrus, Kenny Chesney... literally any terrible voice would still be better than Beth Mowins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not loving the QB reps split up as it was. Robby is a great athlete especially against todays competition. Thorne settling into this offense seems much more valuable than giving Robby running lanes

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Not loving the QB reps split up as it was. Robby is a great athlete especially against todays competition. Thorne settling into this offense seems much more valuable than giving Robby running lanes

I think Thorne got a lot/most of the fall camp work with the ones so I’m okay with it in the first game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

Anybody watch Faulk? Kid demands double teams whenever in the game, at least against this level of competition. 

Yes. Quick off the ball too. Hope he sees more snaps next week. 

20 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Yep.  2 = 0.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Where is the post-game thread?

Wrong season. We won so there’s no need to have an apocalypse thread.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Haha 1

Oaks are back in business.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was thinking it’s going to give defensive coordinators something else they have to prepare for.  With that said, I do tend to agree with you.