Friday routine

LPTiger

I think they always go to Montgomery 

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I heard from a player's dad that the team will continue to leave campus and stay tonight somewhere off site. @RunInRed any knowledge of today's schedule, where the team will stay, reverse TW, etc.

27 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I understand that they do this but it's really strange that they leave campus and stay in Montgomery. 

It eliminates distractions

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

And allows for the enforcement of curfew....   100 players living in 30 different places in Auburn vs all of them in one hotel....

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I understand that they do this but it's really strange that they leave campus and stay in Montgomery. 

In earlier years they stayed in a motel in Columbus Georgia. This has been the practice for a long time. The schedule is team bus rides to hotel, team meetings, team dinner together, more meetings, curfew. This gives the coaches complete control. Also, miss the bus and you don't play Saturday.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

i remember reading where some fans circled the dorms or something for the auburn players honking their horns and yelling and stuff all night so out kids would not be rested. i would love to know what it costs for one night in a motel for the team plus staff. Maybe twenty or thirty grand at a hundred bucks a pop? i have no idea how many staff members there are total so i beefed the money up some.

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Theyve stayed at Grand National in opelika the past several seasons. Its not far and is pretty isolated from the craziness.

2 hours ago, CR said:

Theyve stayed at Grand National in opelika the past several seasons. Its not far and is pretty isolated from the craziness.

That's a better move. When I was there they went Montgomery I think. I understand Opelika