Other Week 1 games thread

AUwent

HALLELUJAH, we're finally here! No those games last week do not count lol. Rather than a whole bunch of different threads for each game I the Rivals section, I figure it's better to put them all in one thread.

Terrific start for Utah, 70 yard TD on their first play from scrimmage. I would very much like to be proven wrong about Napier. It's no secret how badly I wanted him, and watching them beat Utah last year was honestly one of my very lowest moments as a fan. With the exception of how good they're recruiting, most things that have happened since have made me feel a bit better lol.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

HALLELUJAH, we're finally here! No those games last week do not count lol. Rather than a whole bunch of different threads for each game I the Rivals section, I figure it's better to put them all in one thread.

Terrific start for Utah, 70 yard TD on their first play from scrimmage. I would very much like to be proven wrong about Napier. It's no secret how badly I wanted him, and watching them beat Utah last year was honestly one of my very lowest moments as a fan. With the exception of how good they're recruiting, most things that have happened since have made me feel a bit better lol.

Utah is ranked, they were at home, but they still looked much better prepared than Florida. 

• Like 1

i laugh at billy and his smart mouth concerning us. his team looked badly coached and lost half the time.

• Like 2

It’ll be interesting to see if Florida is patient with Napier.  He’s not Harsin bad.  He’s recruiting at the level Florida should be recruiting.  They actually out gained Utah by a good deal the 2nd half.  A lot of guys that were making plays for Florida were Freshmen.  Maybe Utah is actually going to live up to the expectations this year?  

Utah gets hyped for beating USC (media darling of the west) but Napier & staff were boneheading their way through that game (e.g. two #3s on the field at same time during punt contd Utah scoring drive, multi illegal formation miscues, 2 Utah TD passes missed when receiver was open by 20 yds etc). Napier is the 2d coming of MacIlwain. All sunshine state schools get solid recruiting just b/c of quantity of in state top tier talent growing up fans of UF, FSU or Miami.

• Like 2

What games are everyone excited about tomorrow?

11am TCU Colorado

2:30 Auburn obviously, Ohio State/Indiana, Washington/Boise could be interesting 

6:30 North vs South Carolina

Sun LSU/FSU

one of the weaker week 1 schedules in years.  There’s always someone that is supposed to be good that gets sniped early.  Who will it be this year?

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

just me or did FL seem slow?  

I thought they looked slow, undisciplined, and lethargic. That might be the worst Florida team I have seen in a while. They ran for 17 yards. Their offensive line looks horrendous. The QB had no time to throw… And they just don’t look like they have any playmakers.

Yes, people want to talk about Utah and how good they are, and yes I do believe they are good, but not last night. The broadcast said they were missing eight starters.  I know early in the game both of Their top defensive players went out. I thought Utah looked mediocre and FL still lost by double digits. 

to me they did. they have a greatr receiver but he looked slow. the one wearing the jorts he made out of his pants? lol

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I thought they looked slow, undisciplined, and lethargic. That might be the worst Florida team I have seen in a while. They ran for 17 yards. Their offensive line looks horrendous. The QB had no time to throw… And they just don’t look like they have any playmakers.

Yes, people want to talk about Utah and how good they are, and yes I do believe they are good, but not last night. The broadcast said they were missing eight starters.  I know early in the game both of Their top defensive players went out. I thought Utah looked mediocre and FL still lost by double digits. 

i have often wondered if their coach would be a monster somewhere else with better talent. he has whipped a lot of teams i thought would clean his clock.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

What games are everyone excited about tomorrow?

11am TCU Colorado

2:30 Auburn obviously, Ohio State/Indiana, Washington/Boise could be interesting 

6:30 North vs South Carolina

Sun LSU/FSU

one of the weaker week 1 schedules in years.  There’s always someone that is supposed to be good that gets sniped early.  Who will it be this year?

I like the south Alabama at Tulane game and the West Virginia at Penn State game. Those might be interesting.

A few of these teams with first year transfer quarterbacks look pretty bad, other than Notre Dame. 
Nebraska’s transfer quarterback last night really struggled. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I picked Florida to win it. 😞 

• Sad 1