This is another of the real problems we need to solving

TexasTiger

Sounds like bullcrap environmentalism to me.  Besides the libturds say the ice caps are melting and increasing ocean levels, so lets just use all that extra ocean water. Boom! problem solved. 

I also believe that every few thousand years the earth goes through a natural cycle where ground water just naturally dries up and evaporates before restoring itself. I don't necessarily believe humans have any impact on decreasing water supplies. This all mainly sounds like progressive fearmongering to me. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Sounds like bullcrap environmentalism to me.  Besides the libturds say the ice caps are melting and increasing ocean levels, so lets just use all that extra ocean water. Boom! problem solved. 

I also believe that every few thousand years the earth goes through a natural cycle where ground water just naturally dries up and evaporates before restoring itself. I don't necessarily believe humans have any impact on decreasing water supplies. This all mainly sounds like progressive fearmongering to me. 

I want to laugh at this, but.........

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

it is now where certain days they warn you not to swim here nor there. this includes the ocean. we are destroying this planet and only a fool would argue otherwise. case os flesh eating bacteria are up. they warn you not to eat the fish you catch in places. it is bad and only going to get worse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is now where certain days they warn you not to swim here nor there. this includes the ocean. we are destroying this planet and only a fool would argue otherwise. case os flesh eating bacteria are up. they warn you not to eat the fish you catch in places. it is bad and only going to get worse.

Always found it curious when reports would advise say no swim in Gulf County waters due to bacteria levels yet no advisory in abutting Bay county. Like the bacteria knew not to cross waters at the county line.

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:39 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Typical Coffee, Homer, and ITCHY responses

https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/causes-effects-solutions-of-groundwater-depletion.php

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Them people of the future need to solve there own problems.

Yeah, notice we always kick the can down the road. We never recycle that dang can.

Edited by Auburn85
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who peed in your cheerios this morning Salty?

And what are you trying to say? 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Who peed in your cheerios this morning Salty?

And what are you trying to say? 

I don’t eat cheerios or any type of cereal. A real breakfast makes for a healthier and better day. Just saying some people can not discuss anything without making snide remarks and placing blame on what they consider the “unwashed”. 

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t eat cheerios or any type of cereal. A real breakfast makes for a healthier and better day. Just saying some people can not discuss anything without making snide remarks and placing blame on what they consider the “unwashed”. 

So, how do you rate the importance of politics to solving our environmental problems - as opposed to other variables, such as technology or resources?

(And consider that by "politics" I mean concern and priority as felt by the populace.)

Finally, it sounds as if you are taking this implied unconcern personally.  Why is that?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

There’s no doubt we and the other developed counties have to do a better job transitioning to lower carbon and less toxic solutions. But the  less stylish truth is the much much bigger problem coming is just the sheer number of people. Most developed counties populations have stabilized and in some cases are even decreasing. But the less developed  countries are going to statistically overwhelm any environmental progress without addressing this head on.

image.thumb.png.63b7faa73234b88cda1df8a7b3acdbb2.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

There’s no doubt we and the other developed counties have to do a better job transitioning to lower carbon and less toxic solutions. But the  less stylish truth is the much much bigger problem coming is just the sheer number of people. Most developed counties populations have stabilized and in some cases are even decreasing. But the less developed  countries are going to statistically overwhelm any environmental progress without addressing this head on.

image.thumb.png.63b7faa73234b88cda1df8a7b3acdbb2.png

Saw that coming back in the 70's.  It's fundamental to all environmental problems.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Saw that coming back in the 70's.  It's fundamental to all environmental problems.

Yep. And the graph shows more than an environmental disaster - it’s a guaranteed  3rd world starvation and water crises blueprint that leads to major wars disaster.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Got another link? I don't subscribe to the Skew York Times.

Someone’s taking the piss

On 8/31/2023 at 2:43 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Always found it curious when reports would advise say no swim in Gulf County waters due to bacteria levels yet no advisory in abutting Bay county. Like the bacteria knew not to cross waters at the county line.

We get those warnings regularly. Occurs when heavy rains in our area or up north in Alabama flush fresh water in large quantities into the salt water bays. This changes the ph and allows bacteria to grow. As the fresh water is dispersed and the salt level returns, the bacteria are eradicated.  Each county uses their own information system and it is very likely that an adjoining county does not have the same level of bacteria if it doesn’t have a bunch of fresh water rivers flowing into it.