Week 1 | UMass @ Auburn Score Predictions

AURex

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lmao.  This is really really really dumb

Other than most absurd thing, there is nothing magical and really really really dumb, you still haven’t proved my point incorrect. It’s ok to say you can’t.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Other than most absurd thing, there is nothing magical and really really really dumb, you still haven’t proved my point incorrect. It’s ok to say you can’t.

First off you haven't even responded to my original point, but went on some absurd tangent of being polite is the primary reason Auburn has scored > 70 2x.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

First off you haven't even responded to my original point, but went on some absurd tangent of being polite is the primary reason Auburn has scored > 70 2x.

You have to make a point first in order to have one. “Most absurd thing” you’ve read is an opinion with zero facts behind it. 

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

You have to make a point first in order to have one. “Most absurd thing” you’ve read is an opinion with zero facts behind it. 

If you're able to keep reading & comprehend more than 3 words, you'd see the point.

What's more, no team give a damn how many points they scored the prior week vs a cupcake.  Alabama isn't going to be more motivated to beat us if we drop 100 against New Mex State.  Aggies aren't going to try harder if we score 77 vs Samford.  That's just absurd commentary 

Edited by W.E.D

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

If you're able to keep reading & comprehend more than 3 words, you'd see the point.

What's more, no team give a damn how many points they scored the prior week vs a cupcake.  Alabama isn't going to be more motivated to beat us if we drop 100 against New Mex State.  Aggies aren't going to try harder if we score 77 vs Samford.  That's just absurd commentary 

With AU scoring 70+ a grand total of two times in at least the last 54 seasons, no one will need to be motivated to put the screws to Freeze for running it up because he isn’t going to this Saturday. He doesn’t have the offense currently to do it and even if he did, he wouldn’t tell his offense to score again if he was sitting at 63. There’s no freaking point in doing it to a cupcake. 

I read and comprehended you’re just being asinine. You added zero facts to your case. Nothing but opinion. I stated the two games AU has scored 70+ AND what happened the following week. You’ve stated nothing. Just asinine opinion.

You still haven’t proved my point incorrect. It’s ok to say you can’t.

47 minutes ago, Viper said:

With AU scoring 70+ a grand total of two times in at least the last 54 seasons, no one will need to be motivated to put the screws to Freeze for running it up because he isn’t going to this Saturday. He doesn’t have the offense currently to do it and even if he did, he wouldn’t tell his offense to score again if he was sitting at 63. There’s no freaking point in doing it to a cupcake. 

I read and comprehended you’re just being asinine. You added zero facts to your case. Nothing but opinion. I stated the two games AU has scored 70+ AND what happened the following week. You’ve stated nothing. Just asinine opinion.

You still haven’t proved my point incorrect. It’s ok to say you can’t.

You don't have a point. Drawing conclusions from 2 gamed in 50+ years is statistically stupid.

Yet here you are trying to infer we didn't do it bc we have super duper nice guy coaches and somehow other teams become more motivated if you score 70. Neither of those are "true"

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You don't have a point. Drawing conclusions from 2 gamed in 50+ years is statistically stupid.

Yet here you are trying to infer we didn't do it bc we have super duper nice guy coaches and somehow other teams become more motivated if you score 70. Neither of those are "true"

I show FACTS.

You show OPINIONS.

Your only point is be asinine and cherry pick a single reason of mine why we will not score 70+ this Saturday. And we won't.

The bottom line is you can't disprove ANY of my reasons.

It’s ok to say you can’t.

On 8/27/2023 at 7:34 AM, Mikey said:

U-Mass looked decent last night, albeit against questionable competition. I don't think this will be one of those big blowouts. Maybe 31-20.

I remember Harsin's first 2 games he coached here and we absolutely throttled the competition. We had like the #3 scoring offense in the nation heading up to Penn State and the white out game. Even though the competition in those 2 games was less than stellar, most fans felt confident going into Penn State. We know how that season ended up. 6-7

So if we were to have a closer score than most intend this saturday, maybe the season will end up going really well. Just opposite of Harsin's first year. WDE

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

I show FACTS.

These are not facts

"Not good karma" -- Karma isn't real

"Freeze is not going to disrespect Don Brown." -- Opinion 

"you create yourself a massive target from future opponents by being disrespectful." --Opinion

"Freeze will not score 70+ this week" -- Also an opinion, one I never disagreed with.

"AU has had very respectful HCs. 70 crosses a disrespect line. " --Another Opinion and awful rationale. It's just extremely hard to score 70+.

36 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

These are not facts

Freeze scored 49 points in his 2012 Ole Miss debut against a cupcake - FACT

All the way back to Pat Sullivan’s Freshman season…still only twice has AU scored 70+ points - FACT

we lost the following week - FACT

a veteran HC on his 2nd tour with UMASS, who never had a losing season in five seasons at UMASS - FACT

Don Brown won 13 games there in 2006 - FACT

56 minutes ago, Viper said:

You show OPINIONS.

Possibly the most absurd thing I've read on this board - OPINION

This is really really really dumb - OPINION

no team give a damn how many points they scored the prior week vs a cupcake - OPINION

Alabama isn't going to be more motivated to beat us if we drop 100 against New Mex State - OPINION

Aggies aren't going to try harder if we score 77 vs Samford - OPINION

That's just absurd commentary - OPINION

Drawing conclusions from 2 gamed in 50+ years is statistically stupid - OPINION

Yet here you are trying to infer we didn't do it bc we have super duper nice guy coaches and somehow other teams become more motivated if you score 70. Neither of those are "true" - OPINION

In FACT... in your quest to become the most asinine, cherry picking, hair splitting champion of OPINIONS... you haven't stated one single solitary FACT.

ZERO

NOTHING

f88d6c60-d773-4249-a67d-e61769e8f9df_tex

Auburn - 42

UMass - 17

I think we will have a fairly vanilla game plan for saturday and probably rely alot on our run game. Freeze mentioned a few days ago that our players on both sides of the ball were really gassed at the end of our scrimmages because of the heat. He said this has been the hottest fall camp he has ever been through. That would effect UMass more than us though. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Not saying UMASS is a good team, but they’re a scrappy bunch, playing for a veteran HC on his 2nd tour with UMASS, who never had a losing season in five seasons at UMASS. Don Brown won 13 games there in 2006, so the man knows how to coach a good team.

#15 RB (15-79-2) and #8 WR (3-65-0) (2-27-1) could both play on a lower level SEC team. Their QB isn't very accurate, but he's got some decent wheels (17-96-1).

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Thank you for putting this up. I started a thread earlier about the injury updates but I didn't include this video. Early in the video is when he talks about the 5 players that are a little banged up.

I agree with you about UMass coach Don Brown and how Freeze really looks up to him. This will make the 5th straight year Coach Freeze's team will have to play UMass. 

Edited by TeamZero77

11 hours ago, Viper said:

FACT

Dear Dumbass, I didn't dispute any of your historical facts. I laughed at every stupid opinion you attached to them

• Haha 1

No way UMass scores two tds. I'm giving them 13 points max. I expect a lot of big yardage plays from Auburn. I expect all but maybe one RedZone TD conversion. The crowd is going to be full and ready. I'm seeing a 48-3 or 55-10 range of a score. There is something to prove.  

• Like 1

I think Auburn is a team that's going to be figuring out how to play together early on with so many new faces and new schemes on each side of the ball.  But by season's end, if injuries aren't a big factor, we could be the team no one wants to play.

Taking that into consideration, and that Freeze isn't going to want to tip his hand on offense too much with Cal the following week and A&M in Week 4, I think it'll be a solid win but not an absolute shellacking like you might see in a year or two for this type of game.  So I'm on the conservative side for this one. 

Final score:  Auburn 38  UMass 10

• Like 2

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Dear Dumbass, I didn't dispute any of your historical facts. I laughed at every stupid opinion you attached to them

Now don't be too mean or he will run to the mods. As for this thread, I expect a very vanilla but efficient called game by the staff, where we simply will just out athlete UMASS. There is no reason why we couldn't control the line on both sides and get out of this game with minimal injury while putting it away early.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

No way UMass scores two tds. I'm giving them 13 points max. I expect a lot of big yardage plays from Auburn. I expect all but maybe one RedZone TD conversion. The crowd is going to be full and ready. I'm seeing a 48-3 or 55-10 range of a score. There is something to prove.  

I love an optimist! :)

• Like 1