guys don't shoot me but

aubiefifty

• aubiefifty changed the title to guys don't shoot me but

dang gummys.i have edited three times......

• Haha 2

Egads! This weekend is looking awful. I take a tiny bit of comfort that things will be back to normal by next.

But that's about all I can say without getting into politics.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

please check on your outside critters in this heat.they need water and shade. it would be nice if you set out water out for any creatures. we have pets dying in calhoun county and sometimes people forget. thanx

Great reminder. Also be very careful walking them. Even when it’s cool enough for us to walk, their paws may be getting burned by the road and sidewalk. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

please check on your outside critters in this heat.they need water and shade. it would be nice if you set out water out for any creatures. we have pets dying in calhoun county and sometimes people forget. thanx

Fifty we are putting ice cubes in our indoor dogs (3) outside water when they go out to peewee.   They peewee, spend about one minute chasing each other and come to the door scratching to get back in!!!   It is bad out there here in central Alabama and you are way up there in North Alabama!!! 

• Like 3

What about dem kids? What about Bird? 

• Like 1

My outside dog (Tigger 😁) has a fan in her dog house and gets a bowl of ice water ever morning when she is feed. 
Thanks for thinking of all our 4 legged friends @aubiefifty

• Like 2

I'm sorry, why is this in the Football Forum? Put it where it belongs - in All Things Considered. And no, I'm not anti-critters. I'm pro-football forum.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Thanks fifty, and I'll add this to people who drive trucks, dead of summer or winter...either let your dog ride in the cab with you or leave them at home. Their paws can get blistered in this heat and the wind chill in the winter is bitter for them. People think 30-40 degrees is fine for a dog. Standing still outside I agree for many of them but driving 60 mph in those temps means between 10-25 degrees factoring in the wind chill. 

• Like 1

In our common vacation spot of Dauphin Island this week. Hot as hell, though the breeze at least mitigates it somewhat. Only comfort is that Wisconsin is getting hit just as hard - high 90's to 100's through Wednesday. Will be looking forward to the usual August 70-80's when we get back.

Good post on the pets, @aubiefifty!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What about dem kids? What about Bird? 

that is golfs responsibility. did you know bird can tap dance with clawed feet?

as an old dog........not to be confused with a mangy jawja dawg.......................i understand the suffering. alljoking aside they had seven animals brought into our local animal hospitol a friend told me they took in seven dogs and only three left.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Thank you for this reminder to everyone Fifty. I only know you from this forum but you seem like a genuinely nice guy with a great heart. 

Not only do we need to check on our outside pets but we need to check our elderly family members and elderly neighbors. With so many storms this summer, there's been a ton of power outages. An elderly person living alone will struggle with the heat and humidity if the power is off for awhile. Many of them use Cpap machines to sleep and that's always worrisome when the power goes out. 

We're all in this together!! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm sorry, why is this in the Football Forum? Put it where it belongs - in All Things Considered. And no, I'm not anti-critters. I'm pro-football forum.

so the most people could see it the quickest. thanx for being a richard. only you would bitch about someone trying to save a life.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

No, my family has pets and we love and care for our pets. Your azzholistic response suggests I don't care about pets. Get your shiiiiite together, fifty. And BTW, my pet can beat up your pet. 😅 Well, unless you have a godzilla. In that case ..... Never.Mind.

• Facepalm 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:04 PM, AURex said:

lol

Knew this would piss off at least 1 person.

I for one think the football forum needs more common knowledge threads. I often wonder about the importance of self-hydration in the heat. But there isn't a thread for it currently.... So I'm not sure what to do.

And are bananas good to eat in the heat due to potassium or no? I need a thread for that in football forum also.

• Like 1
  • Love 1