Biden criticism

LPTiger

Some of the conservatives on the site have been honest about the many things they dislike about Trump.    Some of us have been brutally honest about it.   I don't recall any of our friends like Ican't and Homer showing criticisms of Biden.   Dibda has recently called out the vacation stay in Lake Tahoe.   One thing libs are very good at is sticking together even if the ship is sinking.    So let me ask, do any of you have criticisms of Biden you are willing to share?  

1. Navy, not the branch of the military, but the granddaughter.    Does it make you sick to your stomach that for 4 years he has intentionally and very publicly denied that this little girl is his granddaughter?    Do you give him a pass because this is a personal family matter?

2.   The lies -- I was in Pittsburg and witnessed the bridge collapse, I've already declared a national climate emergency, I got arrested protesting for civil rights, I used to drive a tractor trailer for part of a summer, Beau dies in Iraq, He was raised in Puerto Rican community, Georgia voting law shortened voting hours, indeed despite very, very limited public appearances the Post found 78 false or misleading public statements in Biden's first 100 days in office, all the Amtrak stuff.

3. The confusion -- war in Iraq vs Afghanistan,  Russia at war with Iraq vs Ukraine (twice), we have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean, he commemorated the death of Jackie Walorski and flew the White House flag at half staff and two weeks later asked where is Jackie, for God's sake Putin cannot remain in power.

4. The lack of empathy/ability to read a situation -- yesterday telling the folks of Maui he almost lost his 67 corvette...

What do you guys have to say about your guy?    And please try to not mention the name "Trump" if you are willing to accept this challenge.... 

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, LPTiger said:

Some of the conservatives on the site have been honest about the many things they dislike about Trump.    Some of us have been brutally honest about it.   I don't recall any of our friends like Ican't and Homer showing criticisms of Biden.   Dibda has recently called out the vacation stay in Lake Tahoe.   One thing libs are very good at is sticking together even if the ship is sinking.    So let me ask, do any of you have criticisms of Biden you are willing to share?  

1. Navy, not the branch of the military, but the granddaughter.    Does it make you sick to your stomach that for 4 years he has intentionally and very publicly denied that this little girl is his granddaughter?    Do you give him a pass because this is a personal family matter?

2.   The lies -- I was in Pittsburg and witnessed the bridge collapse, I've already declared a national climate emergency, I got arrested protesting for civil rights, I used to drive a tractor trailer for part of a summer, Beau dies in Iraq, He was raised in Puerto Rican community, Georgia voting law shortened voting hours, indeed despite very, very limited public appearances the Post found 78 false or misleading public statements in Biden's first 100 days in office, all the Amtrak stuff.

3. The confusion -- war in Iraq vs Afghanistan,  Russia at war with Iraq vs Ukraine (twice), we have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean, he commemorated the death of Jackie Walorski and flew the White House flag at half staff and two weeks later asked where is Jackie, for God's sake Putin cannot remain in power.

4. The lack of empathy/ability to read a situation -- yesterday telling the folks of Maui he almost lost his 67 corvette...

What do you guys have to say about your guy?    And please try to not mention the name "Trump" if you are willing to accept this challenge.... 

he’s a mediocre politician but a decent statesman in a era of few statesmen. He’s prone to embellishment and exaggeration about his prior exploits. He often gets high points for empathy actually, but sometimes flubs. Haven’t followed the Navy story that closely. Wasn’t Hunter questioning paternity for a while? Awkward situation. If your kid was in that boat I wouldn’t judge you too harshly either up to this point. He’s come around. But there’s No family relationship with the mother and as President he’s kinda busy. Yep, he says some weird things sometimes, but I got used to presidents doing that in recent years. I’m not sure anyone is excited about him. If he attempts a coup, I’ll drop him like a hot lava rock, so that’s one way we’re different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

he’s a mediocre politician but a decent statesman in a era of few statesmen. He’s prone to embellishment and exaggeration about his prior exploits. He often gets high points for empathy actually, but sometimes flubs. Haven’t followed the Navy story that closely. Wasn’t Hunter questioning paternity for a while? Awkward situation. If your kid was in that boat I wouldn’t judge you too harshly either up to this point. He’s come around. But there’s No family relationship with the mother and as President he’s kinda busy. Yep, he says some weird things sometimes, but I got used to that in recent years. I’m not sure anyone is excited about him. If he attempts a coup, I’ll drop him like a hot lava rock, so that’s one way we’re different.

TT thanks for taking the time.   Some in Maui did not take much comfort in his vette comments.   I can only attribute it to mental decline.  He is a mediocre politician, but dad gum he was better than that 15 years ago.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm just not going to criticize the man about the grandchild.  I'm sure we don't know the entire story and whether it is a good look or not, it isn't something high on the radar.  That is especially true now that he has publicly acknowledged the child.

He is prone to running on and running things together.. whatever you want to call it.  There are certainly better candidates, but a sitting President gets to make his own decision when it comes time to decide whether to run again or not.  I do believe that his mental state is better than some on the right would like to admit.  I believe that if he had dementia, his wife would force him to step aside gracefully.  There is no way around the fact that a man of his age isn't going to have the energy of a 50 year old. 

A President alone can't oversee the entire Executive Branch, much less the entire govt.  Biden has appointed cabinet members and military leaders that have been allowed to do their jobs.  As a result, there has been much much less turnover compared to the last administration.

I wasn't happy with Biden's VP choice when he announced it and she still doesn't instill confidence in me today.  There is plenty to criticize her for, but Republicans in 2023 want to make it personal.  They attack her in classless and unwarranted Lauren Bobert style attacks.  Half of them are barely disguised racist or sexist insults.

The extreme tribal partisan divide has driven away the most vibrant men and women from considering running for office.  Most accomplished leaders have no interest in being painted as evil by half of America simply for the chance to become President.  They don't want their children's lives turned upside down and every mistake they have ever made becoming common knowledge.

The Republicans are determined to waste the opportunity to take back the White House by their insistence on worshiping Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The Republicans are determined to waste the opportunity to take back the White House by their insistence on worshiping Donald Trump.

This I can agree with.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LPTiger said:

TT thanks for taking the time.   Some in Maui did not take much comfort in his vette comments.   I can only attribute it to mental decline.  He is a mediocre politician, but dad gum he was better than that 15 years ago.

biden is far from perfect but the point you miss is trump was so bad with his mouth and lawlessness and giving out folks personal addresses knowing some idiots will stalk and or hurt these people biden as bad as he is is a huge relief to many of us. i am surprised you have never thought of this. i am one of those guys that will sling insults if people lie or insult me. if you are going to lie about stuff you have no business in the discussion. honesty should be everything and it is not. i would also like to say as one of those that sling some hard stuff out there i started when i was getting attacked by folks taking up for trump over the years.this is fact. and let me tell you the right can insult with the best of them. and your side admitting they are wrong or apologizing when they know they are wrong. let me say this and it is not a shot at anyone but i will rejoice tomorrow if i get to see the man get fingerprinted or his mugshot taken and from what i understand GA is going to make him go through all of it. the insults the right likes to sling at the left have declined because people are finally realizing what a turd trump is. but make no mistake i have been called everything in the book. and this includes iam as well. he thinks i am deranged and has said so because i stay on trump but when he stays on biden it is normal. and when it comes to biden he is just liek me.he smears him every single day and if there is no new news he posts jokes that smear biden. i am not coming down on you i am just making sure you understand the right has been pretty bad on here as well if people would be honest.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

biden is far from perfect but the point you miss is trump was so bad with his mouth and lawlessness.......

The OP clearly asked posters not to mention Trump. Are you incapable of complying with that simple request?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The OP clearly asked posters not to mention Trump. Are you incapable of complying with that simple request?

just like you are mickey.............

On 8/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, LPTiger said:

Interesting in that,,, none of your criticisms have any basis in policy.

Most of my criticisms of Biden would center around his inability (or lack of desire) to propose (let alone implement) policies that would bring about any real structural reforms we desperately need.

What I would say in his defense is, at least he is not implementing policies that make the situation worse.

You seem to have the fanboy mentality of politics.  That is where we are as a people.  That is the direction in which we have/are being led.  That really has nothing to do with my political thinking.  I am entrenched in neither "left" nor, "right" thinking.  I believe we simply have to balance the needs of the only two real political interests, capital/business (right) and, humanity/society (left).  I believe that balancing these interests is what good government does.  Balance promotes peace, civility, BROAD prosperity.

It is not about being on the left or, the right.  It is about knowing when to be left and, when to be right.  The goal should be balance. 

Our real problems aren't about a single personality.  Those foundational problems have been years in the making.  Our real problems relate to the loss of the "government of the people". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Interesting in that,,, none of your criticisms have any basis in policy.

Most of my criticisms of Biden would center around his inability (or lack of desire) to propose (let alone implement) policies that would bring about any real structural reforms we desperately need.

What I would say in his defense is, at least he is not implementing policies that make the situation worse.

You seem to have the fanboy mentality of politics.  That is where we are as a people.  That is the direction in which we have/are being led.  That really has nothing to do with my political thinking.  I am entrenched in neither "left" nor, "right" thinking.  I believe we simply have to balance the needs of the only two real political interests, capital/business (right) and, humanity/society (left).  I believe that balancing these interests is what good government does.  Balance promotes peace, civility, BROAD prosperity.

It is not about being on the left or, the right.  It is about knowing when to be left and, when to be right.  The goal should be balance. 

Our real problems aren't about a single personality.  Those foundational problems have been years in the making.  Our real problems relate to the loss of the "government of the people". 

I don't call it fanboy.   I call it character.   It used to mean something.   Biden, Trump and Hillary have very little of it and those have been our choices.  It is said to me. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

What? Please elaborate. Feel free to start with the economy, border, crime, and foreign policy. I can go on, but add wherever else you feel led to opine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 8/22/2023 at 7:12 PM, TexasTiger said:

he’s a mediocre politician but a decent statesman in a era of few statesmen. He’s prone to embellishment and exaggeration about his prior exploits. He often gets high points for empathy actually, but sometimes flubs. Haven’t followed the Navy story that closely. Wasn’t Hunter questioning paternity for a while? Awkward situation. If your kid was in that boat I wouldn’t judge you too harshly either up to this point. He’s come around. But there’s No family relationship with the mother and as President he’s kinda busy. Yep, he says some weird things sometimes, but I got used to presidents doing that in recent years. I’m not sure anyone is excited about him. If he attempts a coup, I’ll drop him like a hot lava rock, so that’s one way we’re different.

Pretty much this. ^

• Like 1

Not going to quote anyone or name names….but it’s obvious on this forum and in this country that a simple question can’t be asked without someone bringing up someone else in the conversation.   Biden has proven since whenever he first ran for president that he will say anything to pander to people including lying/embellishing the truth.   I guess that all  politicians pander but all don’t lie.   This is why I dislike politics.   
His current policies are status quo for democrats (open borders, restricting fossil fuels, climate change agenda, new world order..ie World Bank, Climate Change and NATO).  He really isn’t any different than Obama and I would venture to say that it’s the same agenda.   Not sure how many Obama people he has surrounded himself with, but I figure that they are the ones running the show.   He can barely keep awake long enough to put a sentence together.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Not going to quote anyone or name names….but it’s obvious on this forum and in this country that a simple question can’t be asked without someone bringing up someone else in the conversation.   Biden has proven since whenever he first ran for president that he will say anything to pander to people including lying/embellishing the truth.   I guess that all  politicians pander but all don’t lie.   This is why I dislike politics.   
His current policies are status quo for democrats (open borders, restricting fossil fuels, climate change agenda, new world order..ie World Bank, Climate Change and NATO).  He really isn’t any different than Obama and I would venture to say that it’s the same agenda.   Not sure how many Obama people he has surrounded himself with, but I figure that they are the ones running the show.   He can barely keep awake long enough to put a sentence together.   

Them democraps is commies.  They hate America.  Theys all liers.  MAGA!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:04 AM, Mikey said:

Mikey, it was just too much to ask.    It is telling how few democrats can bring themselves to say anything critical of Biden.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Mikey, it was just too much to ask.    It is telling how few democrats can bring themselves to say anything critical of Biden.

That he's doing a reasonably good job in spite of his weaknesses and the Republican hysteria? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

That he's doing a reasonably good job in spite of his weaknesses and the Republican hysteria? 

An old lawyer from east Texas told me once "winning and losing, it's all in how you define the terms."   I just paid $32.39 for a ribeye at the Pig and $4.29/gallon for gas.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

An old lawyer from east Texas told me once "winning and losing, it's all in how you define the terms."   I just paid $32.39 for a ribeye at the Pig and $4.29/gallon for gas.   

Should have gotten the sirloin. And was that diesel?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Should have gotten the sirloin. And was that diesel?

Prime ribeye is my vice.   Diesel is my everyday vehicle it was $3.99 yesterday --this was my grocery getter that requires premium.

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Prime ribeye is my vice.   Diesel is my everyday vehicle it was $3.99 yesterday --this was my grocery getter that requires premium.

Sirloin has a healthier nutritional profile. Just trying to look out for you, buddy. Glad higher prices haven’t impacted your lifestyle. Your economy must not be too bad.👍🏻 I’ve never needed ethyl. 😉

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

And you consider Biden to be directly responsible?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Dark Brandon spread inflation across the globe.

Not bad for someone who's senile and suffering from dementia. 

Edited by homersapien