There’s no Democratic comparison to this

TexasTiger

Don’t know that I am buying but the poll is what is. How many around here would trust him running your business.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-voters-trust-ex-president-more-their-family-friends-poll-1821138

Brian Klaas, an associate professor of global politics at University College London, reacted to the poll on Sunday writing on X, formerly known as Twitter, "Trump voters believe Trump is more likely to tell them the truth than their friends and family. Again: to understand the modern GOP, you need to understand what an authoritarian cult of personality is, because that's what it has become."

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

How many around here would trust him running your business.

I would trust him to bankrupt my business. But no chance I would trust him to run my business.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_7760.jpeg

How did the always right down the middle just tell it like it is CBS News define -- "Trump Voters?"    Folks who voted for Trump previously or folks who say they plan to vote for Trump in 2036, 2040 and 2044?   I find it very hard to believe that 58% of real conservatives believe their religious leaders are not telling the truth.   What exactly are they lying about -- Heaven is real, Satan is real, We are all sinners, despite your sin you can be redeemed?   Also, someone educated on polls might opine on what a margin of error of 7.2% says about a particular poll.   Usually the MOE is 3-4% isn't it? 

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_7760.jpeg

I fully, totally, 100% accept the results of this poll. Trumpists are cultists. Figure in all of the other information sources -- family, media, church -- they are crazoid fanatics.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

How did the always right down the middle just tell it like it is CBS News define -- "Trump Voters?"    Folks who voted for Trump previously or folks who say they plan to vote for Trump in 2036, 2040 and 2044?   I find it very hard to believe that 58% of real conservatives believe their religious leaders are not telling the truth.   What exactly are they lying about -- Heaven is real, Satan is real, We are all sinners, despite your sin you can be redeemed?   Also, someone educated on polls might opine on what a margin of error of 7.2% says about a particular poll.   Usually the MOE is 3-4% isn't it? 

I agree the issue is the definition of a “trump voter”.  Obviously his core base is mtg nuts but in 2020 almost half the country voted for him in the world of very bad options. 

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, arein0 said:

I would trust him to bankrupt my business. But no chance I would trust him to run my business.

Ditto.

13 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Is Trump a “real conservative?”

16 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_7760.jpeg

I work with otherwise sane intelligent people that are 100% sold out to trump. In my job in HSV, I am the only one in my dept that is open to even the discussion that trump could be wrong. When I challenge any of my colleagues on voting for tump, they honestly look at me like I have betrayed the nation. The hate is very real. I don't think they support trump so much as they hate the same things he does.

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree the issue is the definition of a “trump voter”.  Obviously his core base is mtg nuts but in 2020 almost half the country voted for him in the world of very bad options. 

Which is a very sad comment on our country's political system.