That crazy Vivek

TexasTiger

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord, all is well. Do I care if PR, Virgin Islands, various atolls in the South Pacific, or wherever become states?  And they actually want to be? Don’t know - I’ve never thought enough about it. My only point was I get nervous when any party wants to ch ange the rules because it’s suddenly advantageous. If you want to change the rules, there’s a process. My first belief is that we follow the rule of law. Which is why I have contempt for trump

Dear Lord.  Still evading. :-\

Let's try this:  Would you rather grant them - as citizens - the right to vote or take their citizenship away?

(And all of these hypotheticals presume it is done in legal manner, thus preserving our "rule of law".)

Edited by homersapien

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

@Homer stop using depo tactics so well!

exhaust, exhaust, exhaust then spring the miller mouse trap. Honestly, I’m impressed. 

Well, give auburnnatl a little credit for playing his role so well. ;)  ;D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, give auburnnatl a little credit for playing his role so well. ;)  ;D

No problem. I’ve just learned that liberals require a little more patience to think stuff through😇

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No problem. I’ve just learned that liberals require a little more patience to think stuff through😇

Eh, saying this not as an insult or to start a little quibble, this is pretty disingenuous.

You are dodging his questions better than a defendant coached by his defense attorneys to wiggle around giving any answer at all. 

not trying to ruffle feathers, just felt like it needed to be said. We are all adults here, I appreciate when I get criticized for being overzealous on some of the law stuff.

I really wish people could just have discussions on here without resorting to insults. It’s so boring and disingenuous. 

so many times I ask a genuine open ended  question just trying to understand someone viewpoint and all I get in return is an insult. Like I’m 27 years old and you won’t see me insult people on here. Why can’t people over 60 do the same?

and I include the people on both sides that do it.

sorry, this went on a bit of a tangent here, not necessarily solely directed at you, bud. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Territories becoming states is hardly changing the rules. Have you studied US History?

I think he’s doing a hypo

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Which is fine. They just have to be states. 

Territories becoming states is hardly changing the rules. Have you studied US History?

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Territories becoming states is hardly changing the rules. Have you studied US History?

We’re going in circles. I realize they can become states. It’s happened … 37 times. 

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’re going in circles. I realize they can become states. It’s happened … 37 times. 

Then Democrats are following the rules. You’re going in circles. I’m just pointing it out.

• Like 2

Bill Maher interviewed Vivek yesterday and really enjoyed the conversation.   Here is one quip -- you are half their age, and you have color in your face and it is neither ghostly or orange.

6 hours ago, Didba said:

My question wasn’t a reply to your statement. It was an attempt to keep you on topic. 

When you quote someone, you are by definition replying to their statement. Doubtful, but if it was, indeed, an attempt to play Jr. Mod it wasn't a very good attempt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Bill Maher interviewed Vivek yesterday and really enjoyed the conversation.   Here is one quip -- you are half their age, and you have color in your face and it is neither ghostly or orange.

Sounds highly qualified.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

When you quote someone, you are by definition replying to their statement. Doubtful, but if it was, indeed, an attempt to play Jr. Mod it wasn't a very good attempt. 

It wasn't an attempt to do that, you are correct.

Frankly, that's a fair point.

In the future, if I want to ask you a question independent of something you posted I will make a separate post in the thread and @Mikey so there isn't any confusion.

Edited by Didba

20 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Irony. You're the one dodging.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4164857-ramaswamy-rushes-to-clean-up-9-11-remarks/

Vivek getting more weird and sticking his foot in his mouth again. Maybe he's not as gifted in the art of gab as he first appeared?  

In the quote in question, Ramaswamy said: “I think it is legitimate to say, ‘How many police, how many federal agents were on the planes that hit the Twin Towers?’ Like, I think we want — maybe the answer is zero, probably is zero for all I know, right? I have no reason to think it was anything other than zero. But if we’re doing a comprehensive assessment of what happened on 9/11, we have a 9/11 commission, absolutely that should be an answer the public knows the answer to.”

The context for that quote, part of an interview for The Atlantic conducted late last month but published Monday, was a discussion between Ramaswamy and reporter John Hendrickson that started with the GOP presidential candidate saying the public has not been told the “truth” about what happened during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Hendrickson then asked Ramaswamy if he was questioning if entrapment occurred during the riot. Ramaswamy said that he was and that the country should know if “hundreds of our own” government agents were present during the riot and played any role. 

After Ramaswamy claimed he was misquoted, The Atlantic responded by saying that Ramaswamy was quoted correctly. It also released a recording of the interview showing the quote was correct. 

I think Vivian may be auditioning for VP.

.....edit... now that was funny and also the result of presumptive text.  LOL.. VIVEK

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Got confused on what I’m dodging. But whatever it is, you win.

I asked you direct questions and you dodged them.

You also ignored a question:   Would you rather see these citizens lose their citizenship than grant them voting rights?

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I asked you direct questions and you dodged them.

You also ignored a question:   Would you rather see these citizens lose their citizenship than grant them voting rights?

It’s like asking how I feel about gravity. Do you understand the concept of a territory? We do the same thing everyone else does globally. Please research. They are not formally part of the us.  The can vote to become independent, ask for statehood, or remain status quo and be protected by us but be more autonomous.

On 8/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, AU9377 said:

I think Vivian may be auditioning for VP.

.....edit... now that was funny and also the result of presumptive text.  LOL.. VIVEK

Only Trump would consider it and he’d be too afraid of being outshone.

Vivek, Trump, and to a lesser degree Desantis are the kings of floating fanciful bull**** they'll do that anyone with half a brain knows they can't actually accomplish, just to sound tough and ambitious.  Last night it was Vivek saying he'd push through a federal law banning abortion before so many weeks, effectively overriding the more liberal states on the issue.  Haley rightly pointed out that the only way that you could get such a law through the Senate is to have 60 votes and we do not and will not in the foreseeable future have that kind of dominant advantage in the Senate.  And she also rightly pointed out that the opposite is true also - that the Dems will not have such a majority if they wanted to push through a law codifying Roe and overriding abortion restrictions in conservative states.  So to put that out there is just slinging bull**** to sound tough and like you're doing something.

Same goes for that hogwash from Desantis about invading Mexico with US troops to take on cartels and such.  It will not happen, he knows it will not happen, any person with an IQ above double digits knows it will not happen, and yet he flings it out there like it shows he's serious about the border and drug smuggling.  And Trump was a perpetual generator of such nonsense all during his term.

That's why I said Nikki Haley actually won the debate last night even if all anyone wants to discuss is Vivek.  Vivek traffics in impressive sounding horse***t.  Haley deals with reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Vivek, Trump, and to a lesser degree Desantis are the kings of floating fanciful bull**** they'll do that anyone with half a brain knows they can't actually accomplish, just to sound tough and ambitious.  Last night it was Vivek saying he'd push through a federal law banning abortion before so many weeks, effectively overriding the more liberal states on the issue.  Haley rightly pointed out that the only way that you could get such a law through the Senate is to have 60 votes and we do not and will not in the foreseeable future have that kind of dominant advantage in the Senate.  And she also rightly pointed out that the opposite is true also - that the Dems will not have such a majority if they wanted to push through a law codifying Roe and overriding abortion restrictions in conservative states.  So to put that out there is just slinging bull**** to sound tough and like you're doing something.

Same goes for that hogwash from Desantis about invading Mexico with US troops to take on cartels and such.  It will not happen, he knows it will not happen, any person with an IQ above double digits knows it will not happen, and yet he flings it out there like it shows he's serious about the border and drug smuggling.  And Trump was a perpetual generator of such nonsense all during his term.

That's why I said Nikki Haley actually won the debate last night even if all anyone wants to discuss is Vivek.  Vivek traffics in impressive sounding horse***t.  Haley deals with reality.

I thought Nikki Haley looked and sounded like the most capable leader on the stage. I actually thought that Pence did a better job than many seem to be giving him credit for, even though I don't agree with a lot of his evangelical pandering.  He sounded well informed on international issues.

17 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s like asking how I feel about gravity. Do you understand the concept of a territory? We do the same thing everyone else does globally. Please research. They are not formally part of the us.  The can vote to become independent, ask for statehood, or remain status quo and be protected by us but be more autonomous.

If 25% of the population of Puerto Rico moved to Wyoming (which they could legally do as U.S. citizens), they could vote immediately and out number the current residents of that state, thereby giving them two Senators.  Just food for thought. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I do think Vivek and desantis are trying to out-trump trump. Same bs as a 100 Ft wall that Mexico would pay for.  In 2016 every rational Republican candidate was steam rolled by crazy talk . However, I do agree Haley was the grown up last night - the question is do republicans want some one from the grownup, kids, or crazy table. The last 6 years suggests the crazy table. Ps imo in the general election, most of the those candidates last night easily beats Biden  after they debate him  - ironically the only one that definitively can’t is trump

Edited by auburnatl1

20 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Oh, BS. 

You have clearly tried to frame this as a Democrats playing "games" or otherwise trying to pull some sort of illegal stunt to garner more voters. To be specific, and I quote:

"Democrats have repeatedly tried adding DC and Puerto Rico into the electoral college..."

"the dems timing about dc and pr (what about poor Guam) being a major issue was … convenient."

"My only point was I get nervous when any party wants to change the rules because it’s suddenly advantageous. If you want to change the rules, there’s a process. My first belief is that we follow the rule of law."

And here's a sampling of the direct questions you simply chose to ignore and/or prevaricate in stead of answering directly:

• So, I take it you oppose changing the constitution to expand the right to vote for all citizens - right?
  • Has that always been your position?
  • So allow me to try again. Let's assume these citizens would very much like to the right to vote. Would you favor providing them that right, even if it took a constitutional amendment?
  • Was it shenagins when Oklahoma sought statehood? (TT)

And you're still evading/prevaricating. 

You sound like a typical Republican who really wants to limit or restrict the electorate because they are afraid of majority rule.

And just like the Republican party, you cannot be honest about it. You've got to evade the truth by couching their actual intent and philosophy with fake issues.