Should Gore Have Been Indicted?

33 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

you smear him when folks say he stepped down and probably saved the country. but i expect no better.............

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you smear him when folks say he stepped down and probably saved the country. but i expect no better.............

I didn't smear anyone. I just found it to be an interesting article and piece of history. authored by a man who says he was guilty.

• Facepalm 2

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump cultists have never met a false equivalency they didn't love.

What is false about the article and who is a Trump cultist?

Edited by Son of A Tiger

8 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I didn't smear anyone. I just found it to be an interesting article and piece of history. authored by a man who says he was guilty.

i forgot my main point. over look the two quotes...........

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

you think trump does not deserve his legal woes? i just want to understand here. are you outraged and think the gov is being mean?

Interestingly the author of this post was a defense lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein in 2008 and helped get him the favorable plea deal in Florida for the 'non-prosecution agreement'. 

But anyway, I disagree with him in this article, and I think he's making a bunch of false equivalences.   The author is trying to make an argument that "Weeelll..in 2000 we thought about doing some of the things that Trump and his associates actually did do", and since we weren't charged with anything that means Trump shouldn't face any consequences". He's ignoring the fact that Trump and associates went further in their attempts to overturn the election not just to try and verify the actual results like Gores team in 2000 were primarily trying to do. Trump is also being charged under a Georgia law that Florida didn't have in 2000. The author, being an attorney, should also know that regardless of anything else, a person 20 years ago not being charged with a crime for committing an certain offense in Florida is not a valid argument for why you can't charge someone with a crime for a similar offense in a different in Georgia today. 

Asking for recounts or an election is not a crime and is not what Trump is being charged for.  

He also says Trump is being prosecuted for "being wrong" about his opinions on the election, which is nonsense and not what Trump is being charged with. Trump and his associates are being charged ultimately for trying to illegally influence the final outcome of an election, not actually trying to change wrongdoing, but to change the results regardless of if they was valid or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish Dershowitz would just retire and keep quiet on a lake somewhere. It’s sad to see such a once brilliant legal mind completely bought and sold out to media $$$. 

16 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Dershowitz will say anything he is paid to say. Unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Is this your mantra being a fellow lawyer?  :poke:

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:09 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

This is so DUMB that Dershowitz should be ashamed of himself.  The two situations are nothing alike.  Gore availed himself of the legal process.  Florida had also admitted to discarding an unknown number of votes due to "hanging chads"... the vote difference was just over 500 votes.

When the Supreme Court decided that once Florida certified the votes, it was not reviewable, Gore conceded.  Gore didn't get a group of hacks together and attempt to prevent Congress from accepting the electors and certifying the results.  Gore didn't try to strong arm anyone in Florida to change the outcome.  I could go on and on.  To pretend the situations are similar is pure ignorance.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Didba said:

Apparently his reputation means nothing to him.

That was an embarrassingly stupid analysis.

• Facepalm 1