If this is your alternative to Trump

TexasTiger

43 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Not if the company has gov't contracts that require certain policies.

4 hours ago, arein0 said:

Imo, the only individuals who seem to have a valid reason for being upset at the government about losing their job due to vaccine requirements are those in government-funded positions.

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I've already admitted that hospitals and other public and private companies can make that decision for themselves, although still foolish.

That wasn't the case for many people though, including myself.

You mentioned your sister and her colleagues. Why is it foolish for hospitals? I agree, by the way, with the appellate court that merely doing business with the government was sufficient to mandate all employees must be vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You mentioned your sister and her colleagues. Why is it foolish for hospitals? I agree, by the way, with the appellate court that merely doing business with the government was sufficient to mandate all employees must be vaccinated.

Well, I'll use my city as an example. We have two main hospitals. One mandated the vaccine, the other did not. Both made it through the pandemic fine, but the one with the mandate suffered from a massive nurse shortage and to this day hasn't completely recovered. The other never had those issues. Seems to me that the mandate did more harm than good, and eroded many of the nurses' trust with that hospital. 

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

This ties back into what I said earlier and what @I_M4_AU said. Many public and private companies were mandating the Vax in anticipation for the coming OSHA mandate that ended up getting stopped by the courts. the government was influencing these companies by mandating them, even though that did eventually get overturned, many companies were already implementing it.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Didba said:

Beautiful sweeping generalization there. 

reminded me of the saying:   "From the mouths of babes." :-\

Edited by homersapien

12 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont think it justifies walking into the capital, no. I do think it contributed to the climate of distrust amongst many toward the govt, which didnt help that situation. 

TT is clueless.   Businesses were closed…people were told not to gather in large groups and what happened.   Summer of love…protest after protest.   Destruction after destruction.   That was part of the problem that led to Jan. 6.   It’s people like TT that can’t seem to understand that half the country was tired of seeing, Kamala Harris and the rest of the Democratic Party and main stream media say Covid is the worst thing ever and then turn around and say, get out there and protest.   It’s not hard to follow someone’s reasoning for Jan. 6.   Does it mean that I agree with it, hell no.   Never have said that and quite frankly have said it was the dumbest thing that could have happened to the Republican Party.   

47 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

TT is clueless.   Businesses were closed…people were told not to gather in large groups and what happened.   Summer of love…protest after protest.   Destruction after destruction.   That was part of the problem that led to Jan. 6.   It’s people like TT that can’t seem to understand that half the country was tired of seeing, Kamala Harris and the rest of the Democratic Party and main stream media say Covid is the worst thing ever and then turn around and say, get out there and protest.   It’s not hard to follow someone’s reasoning for Jan. 6.   Does it mean that I agree with it, hell no.   Never have said that and quite frankly have said it was the dumbest thing that could have happened to the Republican Party.   

There are other things I wonder to myself about Jan 6th that I choose not to delve into on this forum.

4 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

There are other things I wonder to myself about Jan 6th that I choose not to delve into on this forum.

If you’re gonna tease, man up and say it.

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Businesses were closed— prior to January 6– which means, drumroll— under Donald Trump! So it is hard to follow the reasoning that closed businesses were Biden’s fault and thus he can’t be allowed to be President just because Americans voted for it. You saying you weren’t for it, but you understand is a wink and nod to it. Pretty sure you wished it worked because you damn sure don’t believe in Democracy. Only when you like the results.

And I do “get” people’s frustration with businesses closing.  I get people’s irritation with folks who opposed public gatherings, but supported protests over George Floyd. I get people’s disgust with looting that occurred, but I also see folks have conflated protests that didn’t happen along side looting and damage with those that did.

But none of those things in anyway justified or were the cause of January 6. Trump lost and hatched a plan to stay in office which included encouraging supporters to come to DC and at that very protest encouraged them to march to the Capitol. He even said he’d be there with them. He egged the mob on to the point many wanted to kill Mike Pence. We came very close to assaults and perhaps the murder of elected officials if they had not been taken to safer locations and had the mob gotten through. Had Ashli Babbit not been shot the mob she was part of was committed to knocking down doors with a handful of police on the other side so they could get to elected officials. They weren’t there to loot flat screen TVs. Decent people should be thoroughly disgusted with this, even if they were disgusted with violence and destruction from the summer of 2020.

So there’s one cause of January 6 that any HONEST person can readily see— Donald Trump. Folks might have valid frustrations with many things, but that is not why January 6 happened. And those of you that claim not to like Trump but continue to minimize his role in this are nonetheless in his back pocket. You parrot his talking points. You repeat his lies. He tells you what to think and you comply even while claiming you don’t like him. His manipulation and control of you is stunning.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

very protest encouraged them to march to the Capitol.

Again,  misleading, misinformation and whatever other term you want to call it.   Do you work for CNN?   MSNBC?   This is the kinda crap that the very people that stormed the capitol claim.   And you feed right into it.   Of course he said march to the capitol, what other part did he say that you and all the others leave out conveniently?  “Peacefully protest “.   The very thing that you just mentioned that you didn’t have a problem with.    This is the kinda of hypocrisy that is rampant throughout this country.   

But keep harping on Jan 6.    Meanwhile, when the group was trying to get into the White House, the media and democrats were silent.   But when Trump went over to the church the next day and used tear gas, that was the talking point for months.    It’s typical though, it’s what the MSM has programmed the majority of this country to think.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Again,  misleading, misinformation and whatever other term you want to call it.   Do you work for CNN?   MSNBC?   This is the kinda crap that the very people that stormed the capitol claim.   And you feed right into it.   Of course he said march to the capitol, what other part did he say that you and all the others leave out conveniently?  “Peacefully protest “.   The very thing that you just mentioned that you didn’t have a problem with.    This is the kinda of hypocrisy that is rampant throughout this country.   

But keep harping on Jan 6.    Meanwhile, when the group was trying to get into the White House, the media and democrats were silent.   But when Trump went over to the church the next day and used tear gas, that was the talking point for months.    It’s typical though, it’s what the MSM has programmed the majority of this country to think.   

You’re deeply delusional. Trump really did a number on you. Reality can’t penetrate!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re deeply delusional. Trump really did a number on you. Reality can’t penetrate!

:thumbsup:  He's completely nuts! 

Such cultist thinking is both scary and fascinating. 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

:thumbsup:  He's completely nuts! 

Such cultist thinking is both scary and fascinating. 

Between you and TT, you both keep taking that blue pill.   You sheep keep following along now… don’t get out of line.  

18 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Between you and TT, you both keep taking that blue pill.   You sheep keep following along now… don’t get out of line.  

Red flag!

On 8/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, aubaseball said:

I take a lot of pills, but you'll never see me drinking any cultist Koolaid.