If this is your alternative to Trump

TexasTiger

On number one, this particular entrepreneur class a**hole is Hindu. 

Dude couldn't pander his way out of a paper bag, but there's so little intellectual rigor behind who he's trying to appeal to that he'll skate on that lol. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

A Hindu vs. a fake Catholic could be entertaining.

In what regard is Joe Biden a "fake Catholic?" 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:41 PM, TexasTiger said:

What was true? Who required folks to be vaccinated? Who locked folks down? 

This is a lie I've seen you repeat a few times. Any company that gets contracts from the government was required to make their employees get the jab, which included myself and my brother. Which got us both about a week from being fired up until the courts stopped the ludicrous rule. And that was all under Biden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

This is a lie I've seen you repeat a few times. Any company that gets contracts from the government was required to make their employees get the jab, which included myself and my brother. Which got us both about a week from being fired up until the courts stopped the ludicrous rule. And that was all under Biden.

I posed a question. Calling that a lie is a lie. Whether you agree with it or not, you weren’t fired, jailed or anything else. But are you saying your close call would have justified you storming the capitol on 1/6 to overturn election results?

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I posed a question. Calling that a lie is a lie. Whether you agree with it or not, you weren’t fired, jailed or anything else. But are you saying your close call would have justified you storming the capitol on 1/6 to overturn election results?

Not what I said. I didnt even mention the capital. But i have seen you white wash what happened to people that didnt want to get a vsccine that didnt even stop transmission. And im done letting you lie about it. You insinuated no one was forced to get the jab, but I personally know people who got it because they felt no choice, because they faced their lives being ruined. My brother and I were lucky, because some court stepped in last minute, but plenty of people were fired. And many people weren't willing to risk it like we were. 

My sister in law got the jab (only one in our immediate family) because it was that or abandon her nursing career since she was starting clinicals at a local hospital that just put in a mandate. That hospital fired every nurse that didnt get it (and rejected every waiver request regardless of reasoning), which was a surprising number. In which case the hospital then suffered a nurse shortage and lifted the mandate and begged all the nurses they fired to come back.

Libs were willing to do a lot worse than even that, as I've shown on this forum before. And I'm not going to forget about it anytime soon.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Not what I said. I didnt even mention the capital. But i have seen you white wash what happened to people that didnt want to get a vsccine that didnt even stop transmission. And im done letting you lie about it. You insinuated no one was forced to get the jab, but I personally know people who got it because they felt no choice, because they faced their lives being ruined. My brother and I were lucky, because some court stepped in last minute, but plenty of people were fired. And many people weren't willing to risk it like we were. 

My sister in law got the jab (only one in our immediate family) because it was that or abandon her nursing career since she was starting clinicals at a local hospital that just put in a mandate. That hospital fired every nurse that didnt get it, which was a surprising number. In which case the hospital then suffered a nurse shortage and lifted the mandate and begged all the nurses they fired to come back.

Libs were willing to do a lot worse than even that, as I've shown on this forum before. And I'm not going to forget about it anytime soon.

I asked a question, you called me a liar. That makes you a liar. Not liking your choice isn’t the same as being “forced.” Nonetheless, I agree the administration overreached on this. I agree with the appellate court decision. I appreciate the fact that this administration didn’t appeal that decision, but rather respected the rule of law and didn’t rant and rave— you know, acted responsibly, like the adults I suspect we were all once encouraged to behave as. Trump keeps being rewarded for behaving in ways we both were raised to deplore. Those that keep rewarding him are responsible for the state we’re in. 

You didn’t mention the Capitol but read the OP. It’s a BS excuse for inexcusable behavior. That’s Vivek. Dangerous guy. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I asked a question, you called me a liar. That makes you a liar. Not liking your choice isn’t the same as being “forced.” Nonetheless, I agree the administration overreached on this. I agree with the appellate court decision. I appreciate the fact that this administration didn’t appeal that decision, but rather respected the rule of law and didn’t rant and rave— you know, acted responsibly, like the adults I suspect we were all once encouraged to behave as. Trump keeps being rewarded for behaving in ways we both were raised to deplore. Those that keep rewarding him are responsible for the state we’re in. 

You didn’t mention the Capitol but read the OP. It’s a BS excuse for inexcusable behavior. That’s Vivek. Dangerous guy. 

I dont think it justifies walking into the capital, no. I do think it contributed to the climate of distrust amongst many toward the govt, which didnt help that situation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This is a weak argument. You still have a choice, it's just your livelihood. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Spot on. My daughter is a nurse. In her case, she wanted the shot anyway so she didn't have a problem. Several other nurses at her hospital in North Carolina reluctantly took the shot in order to keep their jobs. Two who had husbands with good jobs elected to be fired rather than take the shot.

"Take the shot or get fired" isn't much of a viable option. It's being forced to take it or at the very kindest it's being coerced into taking it.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Do you think any employer can require a shot? Medical field? Military? NFL? NBA?

Imo, the only individuals who seem to have a valid reason for being upset at the government about losing their job due to vaccine requirements are those in government-funded positions.

The nurses mentioned earlier are subject to the policies of private or public companies, similar to requiring nurses to get the flu shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you think any employer can require a shot? Medical field? Military? NFL? NBA?

I had to get several mandatory immunizations while in the Army so it is certainly not a new thing. My kids also had to get mandatory immunizations prior to starting elementary school. Again, not a new thing. Of course that was before the days of Facebook, 24/7 news, massive political polarization, etc…

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The nurses mentioned earlier are subject to the policies of private or public companies

A lot of people overlook this important point. The ‘Libs’ is not a real entity. A lot of the mandates were done at the state and local level by private entities or public companies. I’m okay with people not supporting mandates but they weren’t all done by our President or one political party and it is inaccurate to attribute them all to that. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

A lot of people overlook this important point. The ‘Libs’ is not a real entity. A lot of the mandates were done at the state and local level by private entities or public companies. I’m okay with people not supporting mandates but they weren’t all done by our President or one political party and it is inaccurate to attribute them all to that. 

53 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Imo, the only individuals who seem to have a valid reason for being upset at the government about losing their job due to vaccine requirements are those in government-funded positions.

The nurses mentioned earlier are subject to the policies of private or public companies, similar to requiring nurses to get the flu shot.

This ignores the govt encouraging private companies to go this route. Even when the mandate was paused in court, the admin still urged private companies to push forward. You're right about private companies being able to force that if they want, but let's not pretend that decision was made in some vacuum devoid of government influence and nudging.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I was in the Air force, and I took many mandatory vaccines. But I signed up for that understanding that. But when the federal govt gets in the business of mandating vaccines for civilian employers, no thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

This ignores the govt encouraging private companies to go this route. Even when the mandate was paused in court, the admin still urged private companies to push forward. You're right about private companies being able to force that if they want, but let's not pretend that decision was made in some vacuum devoid of government influence and nudging.

I was in the Air force, and I took many mandatory vaccines. But I signed up for that understanding that. But when the federal govt gets in the business of mandating vaccines for civilian employers, no thanks.

I’m not talking federal government. Hospitals have a vested interest in personnel being vaccinated during a pandemic.

31 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

The government can encourage all they want, but it is still up to the company's leaders to decide their policies. The company's leadership team makes the final call on their corporate policy.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not talking federal government. Hospitals have a vested interest in personnel being vaccinated during a pandemic.

I've already admitted that hospitals and other public and private companies can make that decision for themselves, although still foolish.

That wasn't the case for many people though, including myself.

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I've already admitted that hospitals and other public and private companies can make that decision for themselves, although still foolish.

That wasn't the case for many people though, including myself.

Have people forgotten the *work around* using OSHA to implement a mandate for any business of 100 employees or more?  That was an unconstitutional edict demanded by an authoritarian president that thought he had power he really didn’t have.  He is doing the same with the student loan edict that the SCOTUS shot down and he is still trying to give some relief for some student loans.  This admin is only interested in law and order if it agrees with their agenda, otherwise they will just do what they want.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Have people forgotten the *work around* using OSHA to implement a mandate for any business of 100 employees or more?  That was an unconstitutional edict demanded by an authoritarian president that thought he had power he really didn’t have.  He is doing the same with the student loan edict that the SCOTUS shot down and he is still trying to give some relief for some student loans.  This admin is only interested in law and order if it agrees with their agenda, otherwise they will just do what they want.

Thats a good point. I forgot about that part of it since I was focused on the part that affected me at the time.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And I dont find it that comforting when a court has to save us last second (too late for many people who either had to take it or had been fired already) from an overreaching authoritarian move from our govt. 

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

The government can encourage all they want, but it is still up to the company's leaders to decide their policies. The company's leadership team makes the final call on their corporate policy.

Not if the company has gov't contracts that require certain policies.