If this is your alternative to Trump

TexasTiger

I keep trying to tell the righties on this forum he’s a ******* nut

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

I keep trying to tell the righties on this forum he’s a ******* nut

Many did enthusiastically vote for Trump...

• Haha 1

I wonder what Mitt Romney is doing these days? He’s actually a conservative candidate. Swear feels like he and McCain were the last “traditional conservatives” to run for prez. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Many did enthusiastically vote for Trump...

they were warned and did not believe it or care. now when you post the latest trump indictment they raise hell about me being deranged but he IS a serious threat to this country.

16 hours ago, Didba said:

I wonder what Mitt Romney is doing these days? He’s actually a conservative candidate. Swear feels like he and McCain were the last “traditional conservatives” to run for prez. 

Both Romney and McCain were great presidential candidates in my opinion. And both could’ve won if the party had gotten behind them but they were ‘too moderate’ for the far right of the party. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Didba said:

Yes, I believe they were the last two *traditional conservatives* to run.  Both ran on policy and Obama ran on charisma.  They didn’t stand a chance.  Mitt is still licking his wounds about putting some voters *back in chains* and *the 80’s calling and wanting their foreign policy back*

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Both Romney and McCain were great presidential candidates in my opinion. And both could’ve won if the party had gotten behind them but they were ‘too moderate’ for the far right of the party. 

They party was behind them, but look who they were running against.  Too much virtue signaling going on to look at the polices.  This is when personality outweighs substance began.

• Like 2

What part of anything did he say that wasn’t true?   Seriously, what is not true about any of it?   Seems to me that it’s the left that can’t come to grips with reality.   

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

What part of anything did he say that wasn’t true?   Seriously, what is not true about any of it?   Seems to me that it’s the left that can’t come to grips with reality.   

Ladies and gentlemen, the right.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

What was true? Who required folks to be vaccinated? Who locked folks down? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

What was true? Who required folks to be vaccinated? Who locked folks down? 

Are serious?   I’m not even going to respond.  You must have amnesia.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This guy is the left's worst nightmare.  Harvard undergrad, Yale law school, billionaire, conservative.   He speaks the truth.   I hope he gets some traction in the debates.

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

This guy is the left's worst nightmare.  Harvard undergrad, Yale law school, billionaire, conservative.   He speaks the truth.   I hope he gets some traction in the debates.

I’m right there with you.   I like the way he handles himself when confronted with obvious biases towards anyone on the Republican side.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You clearly do. Perhaps some dementia, too. Everyone didn’t get jabbed. No one was jailed. But the “lockdowns” were under Trump and that’s when jabs began. That those led to January 6 is absurd. Pure MAGA logic. We’re angry about what happened over Trump so we stop the transfer of power and keep him?

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

He’s the Founders nightmare. Smooth Populist BSer. Conservatives used to believe in accountability for one’s actions. Now it’s just excuses and whining and grievances. He’s smooth at it, though. I was surprised that Trump’s transparent BS worked so well. This guy is smoother. See why you love him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s the Founders nightmare. Smooth Populist BSer. Conservatives used to believe in accountability for one’s actions. Now it’s just excuses and whining and grievances. He’s smooth at it, though. I was surprised that Trump’s transparent BS worked so well. This guy is smoother. See why you love him.

I was initially impressed by the guy so I started listening to him on the campaign trail. The more I hear the less I’m impressed. He has a lot of Joel Osteen in him. Very dramatic and rehearsed.

Also, nothing about the pandemic made me feel like I was living in an Orwellian world and at no point was I inspired to put on a fake animal head and US flag and head to the Capitol to trash it. At worst I was inconvenienced for a few months during a rare worldwide pandemic. 

• Like 2

He has a good blend of intelligence, energy and guts to go on multiple platforms (from either side) and debate. Traits we have been lacking over the past few elections. He says a lot of the right things, and several of the wrong things, but they are his words and he doesn't expect softball questions or read from teleprompters. 

He is too young and inexperienced to really make an impact. Remember, some of you buffoons thought the brain-dead puppets Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris were viable candidates in 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

That sad truth is that if you want to even have a prayer to win in todays Republican Party  - vaccine pushback and 1/6 minimization is requisite to survive the maga faction.  

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, Didba said:

Life has a way of showing us things.  I never thought I would see the day that I longed for someone like George W. Bush.  The man allowed Dick Cheney to profit more from war time activities in Iraq than anyone should have ever been capable of doing.  Even so, he wasn't hateful or hell bent on destroying the fabric of what made this country different.  Today he seems like a leader instead of the clowns so many Trumpers want.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:36 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the left.

Beautiful sweeping generalization there. 

• Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, LPTiger said:

How can conservatives want to drain the swamp and get corruption out of the Washington on both sides but keep looking to people like RFK jr, and this guy? So many conservatives are against academic elitism they say liberals spout but then this guy?

I don’t get it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I was initially impressed by the guy so I started listening to him on the campaign trail. The more I hear the less I’m impressed. He has a lot of Joel Osteen in him. Very dramatic and rehearsed.

Also, nothing about the pandemic made me feel like I was living in an Orwellian world and at no point was I inspired to put on a fake animal head and US flag and head to the Capitol to trash it. At worst I was inconvenienced for a few months during a rare worldwide pandemic. 

As a former Houstonian… 🤢🤮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

How can conservatives want to drain the swamp and get corruption out of the Washington on both sides but keep looking to people like RFK jr, and this guy? So many conservatives are against academic elitism they say liberals spout but then this guy?

I don’t get it. 

Did there is a difference between academic elitism and someone with amazing academics who actually put it to good use, employed lots of Americans and became a billionaire.

• Like 2