Forget the Trump trials. He might already be ineligible for 2024.

homersapien

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Only to brainwashed folks & authoritarians. Your both.

Unfortunately @Mikey is right, Biden is probably unfit and it’s worsening.  However, Trump has displayed traitorous behavior and is totally without honor to hold the office. The only happy ending to this sad battle of bubbleheads is Biden withdraws and trump is convicted. Or maybe it’s the reverse. Either way works.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Unfortunately @Mikey is right, Biden is probably unfit and it’s worsening.  However, Trump has displayed traitorous behavior and is totally without honor to hold the office. The only happy ending to this sad battle of bubbleheads is Biden withdraws and trump is convicted. Or maybe it’s the reverse. Either way works.

Whatever one thinks of Biden, Trump is demonstrably worse. Nixon would be preferable to Trump.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 3:38 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Most DAs strive for a 85% conviction rate. And timing has to be part of the calculus on whether to  prosecute. If they can’t convict before the election don’t be an idiot and indict - you’re just making him a more of a Christ figure to the nutties.  And adding more and more non nutties who don’t like the persecution optics. Same with the impeachments - if you don’t have the votes, don’t.  I understand the idealistic rule of law comeback to this. But it’s time people start getting practical quick. Net, net - DAs and dems:  is what you’re doing getting you what you want? Because at this point, it’s the exact self destructive opposite.

Bro, I have tried to make everyone see this but when it comes to trump, they lose their minds and go almost as crazy as trump.

Constant investigations just make him look like a martyr. Fling enough poo and one day something may stick. So they may actually damage him, purely by mistake it would seem, at some point. 

My problem with all this is that random unwinnable impeachments are now SOP. They are forever with us. And we can thank Newt Gingrich et al for starting this descent into political hell and Adam Schiff for making dull-boring-unwinnable-unlikeable-impeachment hearings SOP. One day we are going t have to cry wolf and the American People will just be too tired of it to give a damn. 

I actually hope they do damage trump enough to kill his nomination. It wont change one thing. The next Rep that gets nominated will get exactly the same treatment. That is a foregone conclusion these days. Smearing and demonizing your opponent is now just Politics 101 in America.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You have to be pretty darn loyal to vote for this guy at this point and look past his obvious utter unfitness

Or just mad and bitter.

Asked a nurse nearing retirement age what her plans are the other day. She said due to current economic conditions/Biden no plan in sight. Had no problem telling me Biden had turned $414,000 of her retirement into $320,000 and she has yet to catch up. 

“unfitness” pretty much a disease and a thing in Washington so no big deal in the minds of some folks when it comes to Trump.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Or just mad and bitter.

Asked a nurse nearing retirement age what her plans are the other day. She said due to current economic conditions/Biden no plan in sight. Had no problem telling me Biden had turned $414,000 of her retirement into $320,000 and she has yet to catch up. 

“unfitness” pretty much a disease and a thing in Washington so no big deal in the minds of some folks when it comes to Trump.

If she blames Biden for her loss she's a damn fool.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I just agreed with her. She gives me my flu shot in a few short weeks. Probably make it a painful experience if she wanted.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Homer brother I really want you to find some Jesus and quit calling people you don't even know awful names.   Perhaps you don't even realize you are doing it so in that case let me tell you "you do."   Calling people names isn't nice and it isn't Auburn.  So please stop it.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Homer brother I really want you to find some Jesus and quit calling people you don't even know awful names.   Perhaps you don't even realize you are doing it so in that case let me tell you "you do."   Calling people names isn't nice and it isn't Auburn.  So please stop it.

The difference between the left and the right (on a personal level) is the right believe the left has ideologies that are flawed, but doesn’t hate the person with those ideas.  The left believes the right is wrong on their ideology and attacks the person with those ideologies.

An example:

Edited by I_M4_AU

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The difference between the left and the right is the right believe the left has ideology that is flawed, but doesn’t hate the person with those ideas.  The left believes the right is wrong on their ideology and attacks the person with those ideologies.

An example:

Watching that is hard to do.   It evokes so many emotions.   Sorrow for Riley.   Pity for the participants.  Forgive them Father for they know not what they are doing.   I hope Riley reconsiders and continues the good work she has been doing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LPTiger said:

This is the "Political Smack Talk" forum and calling someone a fool for their idiotic political opinions is hardly out of bounds.

So, you can take your religious self-righteousness and cram it. :moon:

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, I_M4_AU said:

You actually came to mind the other day in a discussion I was having with my Dad back in Heflin.

I reminded him, that in the UK I would be considered a Tory.  That is a conservative for folks with reading disadvantages like yourself.  

He asked what he would be considederd.

I replied as honestly as I could:

"A Nazi."

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Something you may or do not understand is that all prior and potential Trump supporters are not “MAGA cultists”. IMO they are not very engaged at all other than the obvious news and current events, economy, etc. Everyone is not on your level politically and that does not mean they are idiots. You’re not going change the “Maga cultist” and they alone are not going to elect Trump. Combined with the group I mentioned and he could very well be your president again. 

Not all the Germans who supported Hitler were Nazis either.  That doesn't mean they weren't complicit in the consequences.

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

I replied as honestly as I could:

"A Nazi."

No, you replied as biased as you could. Be honest with yourself.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is the "Political Smack Talk" forum and calling someone a fool for their idiotic political opinions is hardly out of bounds.

Matthew 5:22 says otherwise.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of text

treason and trying to overthrow a lawful election are a little more than hurting someones feelings.

18 hours ago, LPTiger said:

He's done worse than that...

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Has he been convicted of any crime yet?

he will be. want to make a wager and put your money where yo mouth is mr tiger? we can let a third party hold the money. what say yee? pretty sure he was convicted of sexual assault by a jury of his peers..........grins.

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You sound like a 12 year old kid arguing on the playground. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Matthew 5:22 says otherwise.    

What part of "religious self-righteousness and :moon:" did you not understand??  :dunno:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

He's done worse than that...

kansas you know both sides have right? the right slings names out all the time. i know i sling names but i do not cry when someone slings it back. it is  a forum. the difference is i could break bread with pretty much any of you on the right with not one single problem.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

kansas you know both sides have right? the right slings names out all the time. i know i sling names but i do not cry when someone slings it back. it is  a forum. the difference is i could break bread with pretty much any of you on the right with not one single problem.

Fifty, both sides do many stupid things. I've only seen one person on this forum wish suffering and death on someone they disagreed with.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

You sound like a 12 year old kid arguing on the playground. 

he sounds like trump mr salty and yall loved him for a long long time. but i still like you salty and i have found it comes easy. that is a compliment.