toddc

3 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

If DK comes to AU does he wear #2?

the number hasn’t been worn since Cam.  

umm-no-kenan-thompson.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

umm-no-kenan-thompson.gif

Yup! We’re working on flipping a long time Notre Dame commit. We’re shooting our shot. Yes, it sucks if it somehow doesn’t work but no way is it a bad look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! We’re working on flipping a long time Notre Dame commit. We’re shooting our shot. Yes, it sucks if it somehow doesn’t work but no way is it a bad luck.

So, now the thought is that it's not a done deal?

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! We’re working on flipping a long time Notre Dame commit. We’re shooting our shot. Yes, it sucks if it somehow doesn’t work but no way is it a bad luck.

Sorry…are you saying we are offering him the #2 jersey as incentive to sign? Or were you merely quoting me to update status in general?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

#2 not being explicitly retired is odd

Long past due. Don’t recall what year Bo’s number got retired (EDIT: October 31st, 1992) or the parameters surrounding when it was able to i.e. did Bo have to officially retire from all pro sports? (EDIT: Bo’s last NFL season was 1990 due to the hip injury, so that makes sense why Auburn retired it in 1992)

Perhaps Cam has to officially retire from the NFL first?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Long past due. Don’t recall what year Bo’s number got retired (EDIT: October 31st, 1992) or the parameters surrounding when it was able to i.e. did Bo have to officially retire from all pro sports? (EDIT: Bo’s last NFL season was 1990 due to the hip injury, so that makes sense why Auburn retired it in 1992)

Perhaps Cam has to officially retire from the NFL first?

It’d be nice if we publicly knew those parameters, but it’s not like we’ve had many consensus number retirees recently, so I guess the discussion hasn’t been too loud 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Sorry…are you saying we are offering him the #2 jersey as incentive to sign? Or were you merely quoting me to update status in general?

I was just supporting the point that I thought you were making with your gif.

• Like 1

It's interesting that we're offering a ND commit Cam's number. And when Cam went to the Panthers, Jimmy Clausen (an ND player) held Cam's number for ransom (wanted $1M). 

BTW, I don't have a strong opinion either way about DK playing with #2.

Edited by yngwie1995

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The longer this drags out less likely he flips IMO. 

I don’t think that’s true, if by “drags out” you mean “goes much past this weekend.”  Kids have timetables and such they like to do these things.  Sounds like he might want to announce it coinciding with the start of his season which is about 2 weeks or so away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I don’t think that’s true, if by “drags out” you mean “goes much past this weekend.”  Kids have timetables and such they like to do these things.  Sounds like he might want to announce it coinciding with the start of his season which is about 2 weeks or so away. 

U think AU is OK with waiting till then? Jlee said a flip was imminent a week ago

Edited by NWALA Tiger

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think AU is OK with waiting till then? Jlee said a flip was imminent a week ago

I think we’d prefer to get it sooner, but it ain’t like we’re gonna drop the kid because he may want to wait a couple more weeks. 

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think we’d prefer to get it sooner, but it ain’t like we’re gonna drop the kid because he may want to wait a couple more weeks. 

Has he set a definite date? I missed it, if he did

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Think Cole Pinkston said he may wait til around when his season starts in a couple of weeks or so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I don't think kids usually set a flip date...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't think kids usually set a flip date...

Publicly?  No. 

But then this isn’t exactly public from his end either. 

11 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's interesting that we're offering a ND commit Cam's number. And when Cam went to the Panthers, Jimmy Clausen (an ND player) held Cam's number for ransom (wanted $1M). 

BTW, I don't have a strong opinion either way about DK playing with #2.

Looks like a buncha nothing talk.

I don’t have a preference if Auburn retires #2 or not but Cam played pretty unselfishly in my opinion while at Auburn. Maybe someone should just ask him how he feels about it. He has a statue in his honor. I would bet the jersey wouldn’t be that big of a deal to him and that’s all I’m saying. 

• Like 1

Nobody’s wearing that #2 again. There’s a reason nobody’s wore it since him even though his number ain’t officially retired 

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Nobody’s wearing that #2 again. There’s a reason nobody’s wore it since him even though his number ain’t officially retired 

This. There is no recruit worth promising it to.

Just now, Viper said:

This. There is no recruit worth promising it to.

You would think the recruits would understand when they see his statue and Heisman!

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

I don’t have a preference if Auburn retires #2 or not but Cam played pretty unselfishly in my opinion while at Auburn. Maybe someone should just ask him how he feels about it. He has a statue in his honor. I would bet the jersey wouldn’t be that big of a deal to him and that’s all I’m saying. 

With the fluidity of how the kids are being paid/rewarded before doing anything on campus, I wonder if there would be a different sentiment about it if for instance Bo or Cam wanted to personally offer their number to an especially talented prospect to lure them and make the team better. 
We are now negotiating everything. Is that to far from a fan perspective?

Obviously it would all need to be in agreement with a head coaches wants. 
What if Bo Jackson told Bo Jackson it would be an honor to see him line up for AU in 34?

😄

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

With the fluidity of how the kids are being paid/rewarded before doing anything on campus, I wonder if there would be a different sentiment about it if for instance Bo or Cam wanted to personally offer their number to an especially talented prospect to lure them and make the team better. 
We are now negotiating everything. Is that to far from a fan perspective?

Obviously it would all need to be in agreement with a head coaches wants. 
What if Bo Jackson told Bo Jackson it would be an honor to see him line up for AU in 34?

😄

NASCAR didn’t even retire the 3. I see where the sentiment comes from but I don’t share it in regard to retiring numbers in any sport. 

• Like 1