2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

8 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Has the date been pushed back to the weekend?

Correct if wrong, but don't believe he has set a date to announce anything as he's currently a ND commit.

If he flips, it'll be an unannounced post/announcement similar to Derick Smith.

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

Correct if wrong, but don't believe he has set a date to announce anything as he's currently a ND commit.

If he flips, it'll be an unannounced post/announcement similar to Derick Smith.

Yeah I guess that's what I mean. Like a secret date for a flip. It was suppose to be Tuesday/Wednesday. Did Notre Dame counter our NIL deal or something?

51 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Has the date been pushed back to the weekend?

@AU Is Gold There was never a date for earlier this week. That was just a rumor. Also look at my post from this morning on the bottom of page 7...

On 8/8/2024 at 3:08 PM, ellitor said:

Why bring up someone who was never discussed as a legit transfer option for AU? Very confusing.

If Vandy could get him then we could’ve. I just think he’s going to transform them from an auto-win to a scary out for a lot of teams. Plus, look at where they are on our schedule. I feel more confident about Cal and Arky than I do them.

Edited by AUwent

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If Vandy could get him then we could’ve. I just think he’s going to transform them from an auto-win to a scary out for a lot of teams. Plus, look at where they are on our schedule. I feel more confident about Cal and Arky than I do them.

AU has a bye week after Vandy, so they shouldn't be looking ahead. I hope they have this game circled on their calendar, because of that QB and coach (and all of the other players). They need to use that beatdown, and the wrestling takedown, as BB fodder.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

If Vandy could get him then we could’ve.

@AUwent He's not very good. The only reason he looked great against us is because the staff spent that whole week recruiting & did not prep for NMSU. That is inexcusable but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

I just think he’s going to transform them from an auto-win to a scary out for a lot of teams. Plus, look at where they are on our schedule. I feel more confident about Cal and Arky than I do them.

@aubiefifty Cut went off. He smoked too much & ate too many edibles.

• Haha 2

I don't get it. I've never seen this guy as a top tier QB and recent performances have just further indicated that he is not a top tier get. Maybe I'm missing something. Has he blown the doors off in recent weeks? Can he accurately pass the ball? Everything I've seen suggests nope. But maybe there are some clutch insiders who have seen him do wondrous things.

I just don't know what all the fuss is about.

10 minutes ago, AURex said:

I don't get it. I've never seen this guy as a top tier QB and recent performances have just further indicated that he is not a top tier get. Maybe I'm missing something. Has he blown the doors off in recent weeks? Can he accurately pass the ball? Everything I've seen suggests nope. But maybe there are some clutch insiders who have seen him do wondrous things.

I am certainly no QB guru but he had better be the real deal or Hank better come on strong very fast.   I *think* what worries most is if the WR start eyeing the portal after this year if QB is underwhelming. 

• Like 1

I agree with that. We have some amazing recevers on the rosters this year. Thorne better come through and get them the ball again and again and again. Otherwise, they be gone.

This is the best receiver group we've had for many years. Thorne (or somebody) gotta step up THIS YEAR and feed them the ball, or they be gone.

Some kinda-sort-maybe QB recruit ain't gonna do it. Personally, I'm hoping Walker can make his case. That young man has talent.

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hearing  AU wanted it done this week.  DK wants to wait till end of August.  AU isn't happy. Will AU wait is big ?

BTW, it's not over with the QB from Carrolton GA.... Just saying .... This is all related to why DK hasn't flipped yet 

I'm hoping Walker makes this recruiting effort irrelevant. I really hope this young man can get it together. CHF has said he is great in 7s, but he just needs to find his vision and timing against full defenses.

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BTW, it's not over with the QB from Carrolton GA.... Just saying .... This is all related to why DK hasn't flipped yet 

So if we missed out on DK (and presumably KJ), we would circle back to JJL? I hate it but QBs know the bargaining power they have, so we have no choice to play their game. Our quarterback unit gives me Spinal Tap drummer vibes.

Edited by AUwent

47 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So if we missed out on DK (and presumably KJ), we would circle back to JJL? I hate it but QBs know the bargaining power they have, so we have no choice to play their game. Our quarterback unit gives me Spinal Tap drummer vibes.

All 3 QBs have been on the "verge" of flipping to us. DK is the latest flavor of the moment. He is  no more likely to flip to AU than Juju or KJ. All 3 are still in play for AU.

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All 3 QBs have been on the "verge" of flipping to us. DK is the latest flavor of the moment. He is  no more likely to flip to AU than Juju or KJ. All 3 are still in play for AU.

It just feels like there’s some sort of quarterback repelling magnet in our program, and I don’t get it.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It just feels like there’s some sort of quarterback repelling magnet in our program, and I don’t get it.

AU very well may get DK. The point being they been "close "to getting one of the 3 all summer to hear some experts tell it.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BTW, it's not over with the QB from Carrolton GA.... Just saying 

Not sure I buy that. Most AU recruiting sites are saying Hugh cut ties with Juju. AU Rivals reitterated it last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is  no more likely to flip to AU than Juju or KJ. All 3 are still in play for AU.

Kudos to you if your info pans out but I haven't seen that info anywhere else FWIW.

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

AU very well may get DK. The point being they been "close "to getting one of the 3 all summer to hear some experts tell it.

Were close with Juju til his dad more than doubled his asking price. With all the KJ buzz not sure we ever got close to getting him. Never saw AU sources say or imply it's a done deal with KJ or Juju. That is happening now with DK.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Were close with Juju til his dad more than doubled his asking price. With all the KJ buzz not sure we ever got close to getting him. Never saw AU sources say or imply it's a done deal with KJ or Juju. That is happening now with DK.

Very well may. But several "insiders" had Juju in their mock class back in June. Jhead and Jlee were 2 of them. Alot of egg on cats face if it don't work out with DK. I just hope we got one of the 3.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

11 hours ago, AURex said:

He’s rated at 1,2,4,5 by rivals, espn, on3, and 247. 
Depending on which one of those you look at you literally can’t get more top tier than that. 🤷🏻‍♂️