2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

30 minutes ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Trust me, you're preaching to the choir on some of Hugh's coaching lapses.  I'm not defending his track record, which is littered with some sus losses

Point is Freeze is not in Saban's league nor in the same galaxy, 1st season or any season. This coming from someone who despises dink.

I will say, however, with the power of NIL, Freeze's Year 2 recruiting is similar to Saban's in Year 2. Without NIL, no chance it's anywhere as close. Peeps can disagree with this statement all they want, but Freeze, as a HC on the field, is Gus 2.0. Off the field, a better recruiter than Gus.

NIL will continue to take Freeze as far as it monetarily can. What concerns me...and it's the only thing that can derail this recruiting train...is donor fatigue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

An elite OL and some stud WRs can make a lot of QBs look really comfortable.

You rang?

101020_MFB_JonesMa_Ole_Miss_KG2484.jpg&h

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Point is Freeze is not in Saban's league nor in the same galaxy, 1st season or any season. This coming from someone who despises dink.

Brother it was an analogy just drawing similarities to coaches having wonky 1st years.  I never said nor implied he was as good as Saban.

1 minute ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Brother it was an analogy just drawing similarities to coaches having wonky 1st years.  I never said nor implied he was as good as Saban.

Glad you cleared that up, however, you did ask "how many G5 games did he (Saban) struggle in after that?  Like 1 over the next 15 years?"

Was that not a comparison question?

Just now, Viper said:

Glad you cleared that up, however, you did ask "how many G5 games did he (Saban) struggle in after that?  Like 1 over the next 15 years?"

Was that not a comparison question?

No, that was a statement of a 1st coach struggling vs weaker competition then never having much issue after.  Same with Kirby (both has blips last year).

I'd expect Hugh to have a 35pt avg MOV vs all G5 opponents over the next 5 years

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

And usually the 1% that are ready and are successful are walking into starting jobs on offenses that are loaded at the positions around them already.  An elite OL and some stud WRs can make a lot of QBs look really comfortable.

I used a Georgia analogy earlier, but this is how they’re been able to keep the gravy train going. Everything around the QB is at such a high level that you can have a Fromm, or a Bennett, or a Beck, and have the same floor 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastLakeTiger said:

No, that was a statement of a 1st coach struggling vs weaker competition then never having much issue after.  Same with Kirby (both has blips last year).

I'd expect Hugh to have a 35pt avg MOV vs all G5 opponents over the next 5 years

As long as he doesn't play NMSU.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I used a Georgia analogy earlier, but this is how they’re been able to keep the gravy train going. Everything around the QB is at such a high level that you can have a Fromm, or a Bennett, or a Beck, and have the same floor 

I've continued to say if Kirbs is ever able to land an elite QB who ends up becoming a Heisman candidate, that team will obliterate everyone because we know his defenses will always be stout.

Just now, Viper said:

I've continued to say if Kirbs is ever able to land an elite QB who ends up becoming a Heisman candidate, that team will obliterate everyone because we know his defenses will always be stout.

Eh, he just has a type (pre spread offense Alabama QBs). He’s recruited the Stocktons, Vandagriffs, Fields, Easons and still ends up with Fromm, Bennett and Beck. 

I think it’d require him falling into a dynamic QB by luck, or his preferred type of QBs actively hurting their run 

9 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Much better weather!

November-March, definitely.

April and October, push.

May-September, no.

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Sure it does. You disagree?

Never said that nor even remotely close to insinuated that.

Sorry. I forgot the yellow (sarcasm) font. I totally agree with you. You could write a book about players that blossom late. Jason would have a chapter by himself. I was there, six rows up from the bench. Some people seem to think if you recruit a 4-5 star and he doesn't dominate the first week of practice, he's gonna be worthless forever. It was meant to be a jab at them.

My humor fails to translate in the written word. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Eh, he just has a type (pre spread offense Alabama QBs). He’s recruited the Stocktons, Vandagriffs, Fields, Easons and still ends up with Fromm, Bennett and Beck. 

I think it’d require him falling into a dynamic QB by luck, or his preferred type of QBs actively hurting their run 

And we used to think the same of Saban's offenses (McElroy / McCarron / Coker, etc.) too.

Then after getting his dose of too many Cam's and Manziel's, he opted out of game managers and evolved into dynamic QBs.

Kirbs will evolve too. Matter of time.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I will say, however, with the power of NIL, Freeze's Year 2 recruiting is similar to Saban's in Year 2. Without NIL, no chance it's anywhere as close. Peeps can disagree with this statement all they want, but Freeze, as a HC on the field, is Gus 2.0. Off the field, a better recruiter than Gus.

NIL will continue to take Freeze as far as it monetarily can. What concerns me...and it's the only thing that can derail this recruiting train...is donor fatigue.

Saban had a relentless intensity to cheat at a level unheard of until Kirby was hired at UGA. The REC had relationships with officiating which also helped greatly in Saban,s early years. He was a 7-5 coach at MSU. That is it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Saban had a relentless intensity to cheat at a level unheard of until Kirby was hired at UGA. The REC had relationships with officiating which also helped greatly in Saban,s early years. He was a 7-5 coach at MSU. That is it.

Preaching to the choir. Still...have to give the devil his due. He's a brilliant, narcissistic, miserable soul of a puppeteer who knows the game and everyone surrounding it better than anyone. The way I always described him...he is a great assembler of people. On the field, he was a slightly better than average coach.

Every so often, the Tebow's, the Cam's, the Manziel's, the Watson's, the Lawrence's, the Burrow's, the Hendon Hooker's, and the Jayden Daniels' would come along, drop a turd in his perfectly assembled punch bowl and send him into a deranged 5-year old hissy fit. And it was glorious watching it each and every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

And we used to think the same of Saban's offenses (McElroy / McCarron / Coker, etc.) too.

Then after getting his dose of too many Cam's and Manziel's, he opted out of game managers and evolved into dynamic QBs.

Kirbs will evolve too. Matter of time.

Yeah I mentioned the cases where that would come, but it won’t be of his own volition. That’s the most important thing. It does give some undetermined amount of time where they aren’t unbeatable. 

Just to keep it on topic, I think it’d be good homework for someone to dig into some of these recruits that Knight supposedly landed for ND (their fans’ words, not mine) and see if any of them had real Auburn ties 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastLakeTiger said:

If I posted it, it would get deleted

No it wouldn't. Once JGT basically said Knight was ours a few days ago, it's been ok to talk about DK info on a free board since then.

• Facepalm 1

I think Went or someone linked the anatomy of an Auburn championship team thread from 2015, and in reading through that thread, I just had the repeated message that no matter how talented your roster is, you gotta have known quantities 

It would behoove Deuce so much if he doesn't have to see the field until 2026 (in real football) when there should be many more on the roster. I think I'd personally even rather have whoever is the guy in 2025 also be the guy in '26, but we'll see if DK waits around long enough. He seems aware he's a project guy, but that can awareness can be put to the test when you're chained to the bench behind a guy only one year ahead of you (in the case of WW, specifically). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Went or someone linked the anatomy of an Auburn championship team thread from 2015, and in reading through that thread, I just had the repeated message that no matter how talented your roster is, you gotta have known quantities 

It would behoove Deuce so much if he doesn't have to see the field until 2026 (in real football) when there should be many more on the roster. I think I'd personally even rather have whoever is the guy in 2025 also be the guy in '26, but we'll see if DK waits around long enough. He seems aware he's a project guy, but that can awareness can be put to the test when you're chained to the bench behind a guy only one year ahead of you (in the case of WW, specifically). 

Yeah, my point was that we can’t necessarily count on 2025 to be “our year” if our starting lineup this year ends up being that many seniors.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

THIS!⬆️

A lot of things talked about here that has nothing to do with the recruit. One th big that has always been alluded is if things get out public than we would want , it would screw up our chances. Let’s hope this is not the case. A lot of hype being built up here to say the least.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

A lot of things talked about here that has nothing to do with the recruit. One th big that has always been alluded is if things get out public than we would want , it would screw up our chances. Let’s hope this is not the case. A lot of hype being built up here to say the least.

Well, from my experience on many message boards over the past 3 decades, the situation is always fluid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Am I wrong in thinking that this year's crop of QB's aren't that strong or were the elite ones taken real early?