2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

Knight will be a nice get! Hugh has done a tremendous job recruiting. Only problem I have with his recruiting so far is O-Line. Outside of that the talent should be there for him in 2026

24 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

If it makes him feel any better, we won't be the 2nd best team in the state much longer 😎

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Does this kid start next season??? 

No (unless his on field ability takes a real leap or White/Brown stink) 

He’s a huge upside type of QB 

• Like 3

IMG_4944.jpeg

I mean, other than more money, better food and hotter girls, what does Auburn really have to offer? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

IMG_4944.jpeg

I mean, other than more money, better food and hotter girls, what does Auburn really have to offer?

sweat tea, definitely the sweat tea!

I just s read on the X that ND has conceded to the reality of the Freeze effect!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

IMG_4944.jpeg

I mean, other than more money, better food and hotter girls, what does Auburn really have to offer? :lol: 

I like the "more upfront money and more upfront cash." As if there's a difference between the two. That Notre Dame degree is really showing up big for that commenter. 

All those Notre Dame fans are doing is coping with this loss. I've read their message boards a bit during this Deuce Knight recruitment and the ND fans were loving him and saying he was going to be their future star at QB. Then they changed their tune ALOT in the last week. They're moving the goalposts now and coping much like the Bammer fans are doing the last couple weeks. 

We still have a ways to go before we are seriously competing for SEC and National Championships but the other fanbases can see and feel us coming. It's similar to the way our fanbase felt when we beat Bama for the 6th straight year in 2007. We saw Bama finish 7-6 with a loss to La. Monroe in Saban's first season. We also could see how he was recruiting in-state and beating us for those recruits. We knew that Bama was coming and that Saban was gonna be hell on the recruiting trail. It wasn't a matter of "if" he could turn them around. It was a matter of how soon. Tuberville could see it coming and our PTB did as well. Tennessee could see it coming and they fired Fulmer the same time we fired Tuberville. 

In my opinion, other schools and their fans can see that we're coming. And its not a matter of if but when. WDE

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No (unless his on field ability takes a real leap or White/Brown stink) 

He’s a huge upside type of QB 

Thanks! So I’m guessing with this QB add we will be pretty young at QB next year 

• Like 1

image.gif.763f1700122f768d2f5402489a53a020.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

IMG_4944.jpeg

Much better weather!

On 8/3/2024 at 8:59 PM, AU Is Gold said:

I will say after talking with Notre Dame fans about the Deuce Knight situation they think Auburn is practically a poverty program. 

image.jpeg.0831e9ff8d339c5258d05e2680283ceb.jpeg

Please sir, can you spare a quarterback....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Does this kid start next season??? 

@GreenTiger No. Walker White, Hank Brown, or whatever transfer we bring in will start. Yes we are planning to bring in a transfer QB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2024 at 7:59 PM, AU Is Gold said:

I will say after talking with Notre Dame fans about the Deuce Knight situation they think Auburn is practically a poverty program. 

Which is funny considering they're also upset that we can apparently pay more in NIL.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@GreenTiger No. Walker White, Hank Brown, or whatever transfer we bring in will start. Yes we are planning to bring in a transfer QB.

I think HB is primed to take over, JMO

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

Thanks! So I’m guessing with this QB add we will be pretty young at QB next year 

Yeah it’s kind like UGA under Kirby where you eventually accumulate so much good QB prospect that you just have to spin the tires on one of them. Going to be hard to convince them to sit behind another Thorne type of guy (I’d still think they go for a transfer guy to get back to 4 QB though, since Holden will prob transfer)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think HB is primed to take over, JMO

Same. I don’t think Hugh would have taken him if he didn’t think the kid could be developed into an effective SEC QB. Kent Austin is about to show off his coaching chops with Hank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes we are planning to bring in a transfer QB.

Thanks! I was thinking that may be the case but wondered if DK or those on the roster would be ready for 2025 

If Hugh thinks we have a QB on our roster ready to start next year, then that QB needs to get ample snaps and attempts throughout this season.  They need to produce this year and given a drive or two of the actual offense.  You can't wait until January and give White/Brown a chance to prove themselves in a bowl game.  It'll be too late.

If we have someone that looks ready, it could save us a ton of $$ on a portal QB and go to areas we'll drastically need to replenish since our upperclass players will be tiny.  We'll need a lot of starters again in December.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastLakeTiger said:

If Hugh thinks we have a QB on our roster ready to start next year, then that QB needs to get ample snaps and attempts throughout this season.  They need to produce this year and given a drive or two of the actual offense.  You can't wait until January and give White/Brown a chance to prove themselves in a bowl game.  It'll be too late.

If we have someone that looks ready, it could save us a ton of $$ on a portal QB and go to areas we'll drastically need to replenish since our upperclass players will be tiny.  We'll need a lot of starters again in December.

That will largely depend on how the games themselves play out.  Early on, it's going to be about Thorne and these new WRs getting in sync and comfortable with each other before the Oklahoma/Georgia/Missouri/Kentucky stretch hits.  So if you want to see Hank Brown or Walker White getting ample snaps we need some early knockouts in the first 4 games, because there won't be many opportunities for mop up duty for several weeks after.

• Like 1

I'm always excited when we steal a big recruit away, but...and I may be wrong...I don't see him being our immediate future. He's nowhere near on the same level as Lewis. Except for pure speed, his tape doesn't impress me more than White's. What I see him as is bringing quality depth to a very fluid position of transfer.

• Like 4