2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

42 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Only one QB transfer has proved to be good-Cam Ward. He didn't miss on Riley Leonard and that money was well used with a high school player. It will be difficult to hit on a transfer. This is why Freeze stuck with Thorne, not arrogance. 

Kj Jefferson, Jordan mccloud, Kyle Mccord are all having better yrs than our QBs

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Well if we don't lock up Deuce this weekend we have to circle back to other QB targets.

I just can’t imagine how Dookie could visit so many times and then not commit. Unless he’s getting some kind of benefit from showing up to our games.

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kj Jefferson

This one stings! But good for Gustavo. Glad he’s got a good thing going…….i guess….😒

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just can’t imagine how Dookie could visit so many times and then not commit. Unless he’s getting some kind of benefit from showing up to our games.

I think the poor QB play has really affected him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Rumored he's been paid to visit, no idea if true 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Rumored he's been paid to visit, no idea if true 

I think people are just coming up with plausible answers for the number of visits without committing.  Paid visits in the NIL era sounds like as good a reason as any.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

I'm telling you right now if we don't turn the ball over, we can play with any team in the nation within seven points. 

noted-note.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s what the bunker thinks too, but I’m just trying to figure out what their reasoning is to think that. 

At least on the Bunker, some of the insiders seem to be hinting that JuJu's camp may have reached back out to us and we're listening.

Personally, I'll be happy getting either one.  I preferred JuJu because of his accuracy and thought maybe he could potentially contend for the job sooner, but Deuce probably has the higher potential ceiling and is more athletic.  I only soured on Juju because it appeared his people were playing too many games trying to up the ante every other conversation.  If they're coming back to reality, I'd welcome getting him to Auburn.  But again, I'd be happy with either.

I think Auburn is at that "s** or get off the pot" stage with Knight.  Not that I think he's yanking us around, but at some point you need to just make your decision and be done with it.  I think Deuce is indecisive partly because he really likes Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame and ND is an elite academic institution too, not to mention they have a little bit of tradition and history.  I think he's also getting an earful recently from in-state Ole Miss but the reason these things are having traction is how we've looked against Cal and Arkansas when he's been there.  So he hasn't yet pulled the trigger as a result.  But the window for making up his mind is closing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kj Jefferson having better yrs than our QBs

Averaging 63% completion, 187.6 YPG and 1.6 TDs per game thus far against New Hampshire, Sam Houston and TCU (who just gave up 66 to SMU). Game manager pedestrian stats.

Next up for Jefferson? The steel curtain Buffaloes D.

The player that is carrying Jefferson & Gus is RB RJ Harvey. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I think the poor QB play has really affected him.

So how to close the loop?

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So how to close the loop?

Have Thorne or Brown come out this weekend and look like they've learned and put the egregious mistakes behind them and finally see Auburn get the W.  I think that would actually make a huge difference.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Have Thorne or Brown come out this weekend and look like they've learned and put the egregious mistakes behind them and finally see Auburn get the W.  I think that would actually make a huge difference.

this makes no sense to me, but i am not a HS qb looking either.  ND qb (leonard who was headed to AU i think at one time) has not really done anything noteworthy either...

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

At least on the Bunker, some of the insiders seem to be hinting that JuJu's camp may have reached back out to us and we're listening.

Personally, I'll be happy getting either one.  I preferred JuJu because of his accuracy and thought maybe he could potentially contend for the job sooner, but Deuce probably has the higher potential ceiling and is more athletic.  I only soured on Juju because it appeared his people were playing too many games trying to up the ante every other conversation.  If they're coming back to reality, I'd welcome getting him to Auburn.  But again, I'd be happy with either.

I think Auburn is at that "s** or get off the pot" stage with Knight.  Not that I think he's yanking us around, but at some point you need to just make your decision and be done with it.  I think Deuce is indecisive partly because he really likes Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame and ND is an elite academic institution too, not to mention they have a little bit of tradition and history.  I think he's also getting an earful recently from in-state Ole Miss but the reason these things are having traction is how we've looked against Cal and Arkansas when he's been there.  So he hasn't yet pulled the trigger as a result.  But the window for making up his mind is closing.

I say get juju now. Let the ego go coach freeze. He has the talent to start next year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

this makes no sense to me, but i am not a HS qb looking either.  ND qb (leonard who was headed to AU i think at one time) has not really done anything noteworthy either...

True, but ND's QB last year looked pretty good and Leonard is brand new to ND.  Thorne is in his 2nd year in our system and so is Hank (even though he's a RS Freshman).  I can see where some folks might be sowing doubts in his ear about it.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I say get juju now. Let the ego go coach freeze. He has the talent to start next year.

That would be my preference too.  

But Freeze's ego isn't the only ego at play here.  From what I can gather, Juju's camp might be coming back to reality on some of this stuff too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

Averaging 63% completion, 187.6 YPG and 1.6 TDs per game thus far against New Hampshire, Sam Houston and TCU (who just gave up 66 to SMU). Game manager pedestrian stats.

Next up for Jefferson? The steel curtain Buffaloes D.

The player that is carrying Jefferson & Gus is RB RJ Harvey. 

And what is AU. Would love to have a game manager right about now

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

U left out the picks. 

Because I was just comparing the stats that he showed for Jefferson (and that you responded to)

We're averaging 2 INTs per game.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Juju's camp might be coming back to reality on some of this stuff too.

dear-lord-baby-jesus-ricky-bobby.gif

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because I was just comparing the stats that he showed for Jefferson (and that you responded to)

We're averaging 2 INTs per game.

Would still take KJ stats over what we have at this point

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U left out the picks. 

Sorry…one pick against New Hampshire, Sam Houston and TCU.

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And what is AU. Would love to have a game manager right about now

Would love to have UCF’s schedule.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Would still take KJ stats over what we have at this point

KJ would not be faring any better in AU’s offense. He is a Finley clone.