2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

JLee floated that idea out there...

He said that AU and every other SEC school are paying recruits to visit. The ON3 guys seem to think Ole Miss has made a real move with Deuce and have some momentum. Our (lack of) QB play is shockingly not helping our cause. Freeze really hurt himself and AU by doubling down on the worst QB in the SEC. Fegans and Smith from Thompson are taking official visits to Bama now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yes, if Freeze don't make it at AU. That one decision will be pointed to as the beginning of the snowball

Where I derive a sense of hope is the fact that the pressure to do things differently will be so great in December. Last year you could chalk things up as it being the first year and we generally achieved enough (a bowl) to keep recruiting going.

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Last year you could chalk things up as it being the first year and we generally achieved enough (a bowl) to keep recruiting going.

No. You can chalk it up to Hugh's arrongance in believing he can develop any QB with a pulse to be a good QB with the right pieces around him.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. You can chalk it up to Hugh's arrongance in believing he can develop any QB with a pulse to be a good QB with the right pieces around him.

Maybe, I’m just saying that he had far more wiggle room/goodwill. He will have none of that after a 3-9 season.

By “it” I was referring to Thorne’s struggles.

Edited by AUwent

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m just saying that he had far more wiggle room/goodwill. He will have none of that after a 3-9 season.

With some to a lot of fans, no. With people funding the roster turn around, that remains to be seen. Hugh has always told them it would be a 3 + year rebuild & they have been on board with the plan so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this display by Freeze has, pardon the pun, snowballed out of control. I wish I knew something he could say or do to fix it, but, unfortunately. it would take a lot brighter minds than mine to figure out a quick fix.  :bricks:

• Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

this display by Freeze has, pardon the pun, snowballed out of control. I wish I knew something he could say or do to fix it, but, unfortunately. it would take a lot brighter minds than mine to figure out a quick fix.  :bricks:

Aren't you okay that we are at least getting the talent? Harsin set us back 4-5 years. He did damage to the program. I admire anyone coming in and recruiting their ass off. 

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Is it arrogance? Watch the video where a former Freeze assistant was perplexed and frustrated by the decision making process of our QBs. He said a QB has never struggled with that offense. In other words, they don't have to be developed. It is a simple offense. 

• Like 1

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

Aren't you okay that we are at least getting the talent? Harsin set us back 4-5 years. He did damage to the program. I admire anyone coming in and recruiting their 

To me it depends if on field play causes a big loss of players from last years class and this years class. If he keeps them then all should be good and product should be better next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Is it arrogance? Watch the video where a former Freeze assistant was perplexed and frustrated by the decision making process of our QBs. He said a QB has never struggled with that offense. In other words, they don't have to be developed. It is a simple offense. 

McCready and Siskey show is the video presentation. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Aren't you okay that we are at least getting the talent? Harsin set us back 4-5 years. He did damage to the program. I admire anyone coming in and recruiting their ass off. 

I am too, but it’s the old 1 step forward, 2 steps back situation.

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I am too, but it’s the old 1 step forward, 2 steps back situation.

We aren't going two steps backwards. Why is everybody in a panic? We lost both games solely on turnovers. We are weak in so many positions, but I'm telling you right now if we don't turn the ball over, we can play with any team in the nation within seven points. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

E is completely right. 

If it is a simple offense, why couldn't a 22 year old Thorne (in his 4th year of big time college football) figure it out last season? He had 100 yards or less passing in 6 games last season. That's insane. 

You don't go with that guy for another year and hope it all comes together at age 23.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

@Auburn93 Freeze's  offense is not and never has been simple. Freeze has said that a number of times himself. He said a few times so far this year he’s having a to simplify it. That’s because of our QB struggles.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

E is completely right. 

If it is a simple offense, why couldn't a 22 year old Thorne (in his 4th year of big time college football) figure it out last season? He had 100 yards or less passing in 6 games last season. That's insane. 

You don't go with that guy for another year and hope it all comes together at age 23.  

Counterpoint: Bo Wallace managed to be successful running it. Not exactly a Mensa candidate. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Auburn93 i freezes  offense is not and never has been simple. Freeze has said that a number of times himself. He said a few times so far this year he’s having a to simplify it. That’s because of our QB struggles.

Tyler Siskey's comments about our QBs and the offense begins at the 44 minute mark. 

From this podcast-"It is not a hard system to learn." ... "If you are confused, just hand the ball off. Let's don't make this more complicated than it is." 

Freeze has been called arrogant and a poor leader this week by AUBURN FANS! I need more evidence in order to support these thoughts. 

Edited by Auburn93

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@BabysitterBariwhat with that tweet last night?! Come on in and spill some beans!

image.gif.107c384fd2a52b0b29bd65a35de6e2bb.gif

@AuCivilEng1I wouldn't expect him around here much any more. He's one of the exclusive insiders on the new Auburn Barn site started by Jim Dunaway & his crew.

ETA: I just saw the tweet you are talking about. Pretty sure he is talking about Juju.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Tyler Siskey's comments about our QBs and the offense begins at the 44 minute mark. 

From this podcast-"It is not a hard system to learn." ... "If you are confused, just hand the ball off. Let's don't make this more complicated than it is." 

I don't have time to listen to podcasts & I'll take Freeze at his own words on his O.

21 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Freeze has been called arrogant and a poor leader this week by AUBURN FANS! I need more evidence in order to support these thoughts. 

I never said he is a poor keader. On the arrogant part, thinking he can get Thorne to be a quality QB just by adding pieces around him instead of getting a better QB is the definition of arrogance in his QB development abilities.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't have time to listen to podcasts & I'll take Freeze at his own words on his O.

I never said he is a poor keader. On the arrogant part, thinking he can get Thorne to be a quality QB just by adding pieces around him instead of getting a better QB is the definition of arrogance in his QB development abilities.

Maybe a little arrogant.  Probably more just earned confidence given his track record at every coaching stop he's made.  He finally had a miss.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe a little arrogant.  Probably more just earned confidence given his track record at every coaching stop he's made.  He finally had a miss.

Only one QB transfer has proved to be good-Cam Ward. He didn't miss on Riley Leonard and that money was well used with a high school player. It will be difficult to hit on a transfer. This is why Freeze stuck with Thorne, not arrogance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Only one QB transfer has proved to be good-Cam Ward. He didn't miss on Riley Leonard and that money was well used with a high school player. It will be difficult to hit on a transfer. This is why Freeze stuck with Thorne, not arrogance. 

Yeah, Leonard hasn't lit it up at Notre Dame, at least passing.  He's yet to crack 200 yds passing and he has 1 TD and 2 INTs in 4 games so far.  He's actually been more of a rushing threat - going over 100 yds in each of the last two games and score 4 TDs this season.  But those last two games were against Purdue and Miami (OH) who are a combined 1-5.  Only thing he's done better than Thorne and Brown is not throw INTs.  He only has 2 on the year.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

ETA: I hyst saw the tweet you are talking about. Pretty sure he is talking about Juju.

That’s what the bunker thinks too, but I’m just trying to figure out what their reasoning is to think that. 

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s what the bunker thinks too, but I’m just trying to figure out what their reasoning is to think that. 

@AuCivilEng1 Well if we don't lock up Deuce this weekend we have to circle back to other QB targets.