2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah he said by next week this time. I would like to know the NIL package AU has offered to JuJu and DK in comparison to what they are asking for

Supposedly not high enough for juju‘s dad‘s asking price but passed expectations for DK’s wasnts. DK will get a competitive NL package no matter where he goes. By most accounts NIL is not the biggest factor in his recruitment.

11 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I just don't understand what else DK needs to see about Auburn.  He's been to 3 AU games now right?  It's clear we have QB issues with no clear answer in sight.  

@fishepa He apparently wants to see them develop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Some have alluded to the idea that he gets paid every visit. Not just him, but alot if the recruits are getting paid to go on visits supposedly 

Heard that about Florida last year. Have not heard that about Auburn this year. not saying it’s not true but I haven’t heard it.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He apparently wants to see some development even if he feels he can beat them out.

I hope I don't sound insensitive, but we have a 5th yr senior who's been through as many OC/QB coaches in his college career, and a 3* (Liberty level) QB battling it out for Auburn.   One isn't likely to develop any further than he has, and the other wasn't an SEC elite level QB to begin with. 

Makes one wonder just how much development Deuce and his people expect to see right now. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I hope I don't sound insensitive, but we have a 5th yr senior who's been through as many OC/QB coaches in his college career, and a 3* (Liberty level) QB battling it out for Auburn.   One isn't likely to develop any further than he has, and the other wasn't an SEC elite level QB to begin with. 

Makes one wonder just how much development Deuce and his people expect to see right now. 

Agree.  You said it much better than I could have.  Oh well, I'm just along for the ride.

19 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

You sounded SO insensitive! I’m now ugly crying and eating ice cream out of the tub and posting mean things about you on FB.

• Haha 3

Just now, TitanTiger said:

What's better, a 60% completion rate with 3 or 4 INTs or a 43% with 0 or 1 INT?  

The mind boggles...

It is such an odd stat . 6 tds and 1 interception with 43% and a 3-0 record at UNLV. And the fact that he was promised 100k from UNLV wow (supposedly). I can only imagine the wild numbers being thrown out from more reputable QBs. 

51 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Just tell it like it is bro..

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just tell it like it is bro..

Some things seem so freaking obvious to me.  There's no sense in sugar-coating it when players are paid, and programs are selling heavy NIL offers to the top prospects.  

• Like 1

On3 assessment on how the top high school QB's are doing this far in their senior seasons. Freeze and co. seem to have decent eval skills after reading about Deuce, Longstreet & JuJu. Now we just got to get Deuce in the boat.

https://www.on3.com/news/how-top-2025-quarterback-prospects-are-playing-as-seniors/

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

JLee floated that idea out there...

Thanks. I guess it was in a podcast. I read most of his posts but don't have time to listen to the podcasts.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@fishepa He apparently wants to see them develop.

Unless Deuce is a unique case, how are we supposed to ever land a good QB then?! Chicken salad and all…

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

In terms of speculation and hand wringing, yes.

Wait till he ultimately decides.

This forum will either be popping 1000 bottles of champagne or make the Cal/ARK games look like a trip to TCBY Yogurt.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

It is such an odd stat . 6 tds and 1 interception with 43% and a 3-0 record at UNLV. And the fact that he was promised 100k from UNLV wow (supposedly). I can only imagine the wild numbers being thrown out from more reputable QBs. 

His value comes from avoiding sacks ands scrambling. He was able to turn a good bit of negative plays into positives against Kansas. Tough dude to bring down. Pretty much willed them down the field on the last drive with his legs

• Like 2