2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

14 hours ago, jluvah said:

Okay. Somebody with real knowledge tell me. Is Juju elite? Need to know so when he signs with us and “ can’t learn the playbook well enough to see the field”, I can remember he was “ elite”.

@jluvah Can you please stop sarcasticly mocking the info that's being passed on. This repetitive stich is getting very old & annoying very fast. I get that you're frustrated & understandably so, but please find a more constructive way to deal with your frustrations. I know it may not be your intent but it makes me feel like you are indicrectly taking shots at me for all the work I put in to try to find & pass on the info that's available.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wouldn't be the 1st time. He's reached out a number of times the past few months. Not sure about now but the times he reached out before the Cal game Hugh wouldn't listen. We thought til that point with very high confidence that we had Deuce.

First I heard of it. That must have been discussed in the nest. I didn't realize there was any talking still going on.  Hugh may decide to listen now. I guess this wkend will determine what happens if DK shows up

Edited by NWALA Tiger

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yep...no Jayden Reed who had 1026 yards for that team that season and is currently a WR1/2 with the Green Bay Packers (and was also drafted in the 2nd round)...not like he was on that team....

You're right, I missed him.  Didn't read deep enough on the source I looked at.  But the overall point still stands.  This wasn't an elite or incredible offense that year.  They had a good balanced offense with a solid running and passing game and where Thorne got good protection.  Their offensive rankings in 2021:

39th in scoring offense - 31.8 points per game
53rd in rushing offense - 175.6 yards per game
49th in passing offense - 253.1 yards per game
43rd in total offense - 428.7 yards per game

It was a solid and balanced offense that hovered around the edge of the upper and middle third of FBS, with some playmakers who Thorne could rely on.  And they didn't give up many sacks - they were 26th in sacks allowed at 1.6 per game, putting them well within the top 25% of FBS teams that year.

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just saw something interesting. Saying Juju Dad is reaching out to AU. That was a quote from a relative(father) of a very highly recruited player in Alabama.

I believe it. I'm in Carrolton (just moved) and the word is he is reaching out to everyone for the highest pay day. Yes, that is not new info.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I believe it. I'm in Carrolton (just moved) and the word is he is reaching out to everyone for the highest pay day. Yes, that is not new info.

As far as I know that info wasnt posted on here. So I just relayed what I read for the ones who didnt know. You need to tell Hugh to pick up the phone and talk to him.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@jluvah Can you please stop sarcasticly mocking the info that's being passed on. This repetitive stich is getting very old & annoying very fast. I get that you're frustratedm & unferstandably so, but please find a more constructive way to deal with your frustrations. I know it may not be your intent but it makes me feel like you are indicrectlu taking shots at me for all the work I put in to try to find & pass on the info that's available.

Thank you for all you do E

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You're right, I missed him.  Didn't read deep enough on the source I looked at.  But the overall point still stands.  This wasn't an elite or incredible offense that year.  They had a good balanced offense with a solid running and passing game and where Thorne got good protection.  Their offensive rankings in 2021:

39th in scoring offense - 31.8 points per game
53rd in rushing offense - 175.6 yards per game
49th in passing offense - 253.1 yards per game
43rd in total offense - 428.7 yards per game

It was a solid and balanced offense that hovered around the edge of the upper and middle third of FBS, with some playmakers who Thorne could rely on.  And they didn't give up many sacks - they were 26th in sacks allowed at 1.6 per game, putting them well within the top 25% of FBS teams that year.

I get where you’re coming from, but an offense with a solid-good offensive line, an all time great RB, and 3-4 future NFL receivers was “stymied” statistically because they had a guy who’s been bad 6 years into his college career at QB. If you put that PLUS an average schedule in difficulty and gave it to someone who was above average, much less good, they would’ve been a top 20 offense bare minimum.  

Them having stats that good in spite of Payton Thorne should be applauded

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

@jluvah Can you please stop sarcasticly mocking the info that's being passed on. This repetitive stich is getting very old & annoying very fast. I get that you're frustratedm & unferstandably so, but please find a more constructive way to deal with your frustrations. I know it may not be your intent but it makes me feel like you are indicrectlu taking shots at me for all the work I put in to try to find & pass on the info that's available.

I wish this could be said in general on this specific board. I don’t know why dudes on here think ranting to OTHER Auburn fans who have absolutely no football connections will do something to improve the conditions. Then you have the post after post about making fun of the incorrect intel our insiders can sometimes give. None of us on here can improve the accuracy of that intel!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I get where you’re coming from, but an offense with a solid-good offensive line, an all time great RB, and 3-4 future NFL receivers was “stymied” statistically because they had a guy who’s been bad 6 years into his college career at QB. If you put that PLUS an average schedule in difficulty and gave it to someone who was above average, much less good, they would’ve been a top 20 offense bare minimum.  

Them having stats that good in spite of Payton Thorne should be applauded

Thorne had a good year that season.  Certainly wasn't a hindrance.

Completed over 60% of his passes, 3240 yds passing, 8.3 yds per attempt, 27 TDs and 10 INTs, 131.2 passer rating.  All of those besides the completion percentage are good to great numbers.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wish this could be said in general on this specific board. I don’t know why dudes on here think ranting to OTHER Auburn fans who have absolutely no football connections will do something to improve the conditions. Then you have the post after post about making fun of the incorrect intel our insiders can sometimes give. None of us on here can improve the accuracy of that intel!!!

Agreed.  There are folks here who have some connections to people that know stuff and they are good enough to pass some of that along to us who eat, breathe and sleep Auburn football.  But sometimes info ends up being wrong, or circumstances change.  You're talking about news about 17-18 year old kids whose minds change and get swayed all the time by NIL money, convincing coaches, families with vested interests and biases, and so on.

If you can't handle anything that, just scroll past.  No one wants to hear your bitching and pissing on people being nice enough to share what they're hearing.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Thorne had a good year that season.  Certainly wasn't a hindrance.

Completed over 60% of his passes, 3240 yds passing, 8.3 yds per attempt, 27 TDs and 10 INTs, 131.2 passer rating.  All of those besides the completion percentage are good to great numbers.

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I forgot the original point of this debate lol. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I forgot the original point of this debate lol. 

Welcome to my world. I have to be careful not to comment (argue) with my own posts.

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That must have been discussed in the nest.

It's been posted on AU On3 a few times. JLee just said it's been going on since early August.

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess this wkend will determine what happens if DK shows up

Him showing up may not be enough. Our QBs have to play well which means we are on shaky ground with DK whether he shows up or not.

5 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Is Dad still asking for a fully furnished gameday house on whichever campus they choose to bring their services?  

I must say, I'm loving the creativity the NIL/portal & bargaining era brings out in everyone. 🤑

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's been posted on AU On3 a few times. JLee just said it's been going on since early August.

Him showing up may not be enough. Our QBs have to play well which means we are on shaky ground with DK whether he shows up or not.

So, his decision is seriously hinging on our QBs performance?   

He's seen them play in person, up close against scrub teams, they've faced no real competition thus far.  Does he not know where he'd stand in our QB lineup next year? 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Contrary to at least 1 national reporter & overall trending fan opinion, JLee does not think it's put up or shut up this weekend for AU with Deuce.

Yeah he said by next week this time. I would like to know the NIL package AU has offered to JuJu and DK in comparison to what they are asking for

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

He's seen them play in person, up close against scrub teams, they've faced no real competition thus far.  Does he not know where he'd stand in our QB lineup next year? 

DK won't be ready to play next year IMO... Juju would be more likely, 

I just don't understand what else DK needs to see about Auburn.  He's been to 3 AU games now right?  It's clear we have QB issues with no clear answer in sight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

He apparently wants to see some development even if he feels he can beat them out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I just don't understand what else DK needs to see about Auburn.  He's been to 3 AU games now right?  It's clear we have QB issues with no clear answer in sight.  

Some have alluded to the idea that he gets paid every visit. Not just him, but alot if the recruits are getting paid to go on visits supposedly 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

It's been said money he is not about the NIL money. 

Like I posted in this thread yesterday, he must be weighing the staff, scheme, training & development process, NFL pathways and what trajectory each program is headed. :dunno:

• Like 1