2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Clemente and Caldwell said if DK isn't committed by this weekend it won't happen. That AU has pushed for that timeline.

When you’ve wined and dined her 6 times and she still hasn’t put out…

LM3FFJ.gif

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Circle back to Juju?

@NWALA Tiger not likely in my opinion. I don’t see us shooting the moon for two quarterbacks in this cycle. We already have to shoot the moon for an impact transfer quarterback, so I don’t see us shooting the moon for juju. Probably more than likely go after a quarterback committed to another school that we are able to get at a lower  NIL cost.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@NWALA Tiger not likely in my opinion. I don’t see us shooting the moon for two quarterbacks in this cycle. We already have to shoot the moon for an impact transfer quarterback, so I don’t see us shooting the moon for juju. Probably more than likely go after a quarterback committed to another school that we are able to get at a lower  NIL cost.

The gamble is not knowing who will be in the portal. How many difference makers? And more than likely it's a 1 yr fix even if u get one. I have to believe Freeze has something up his sleeve. You've got a 5* WR saying he didn't commit to AU cause we don't have a QB committed. Just hard to understand why we are having to resort to flipping QB at the 11th hour.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

48 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

His recruiting has went silent.  Has he even visited anywhere since season started? I don't see USC mentioned on any of his accounts

Not been silent. It’s been all Indiana lately.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The gamble is not knowing who will be in the portal. How many difference makers? And more than likely it's a 1 yr fix even if u get one.

Obviously, we have to go after hard whoever is the best one is and I think the expectation would be a one-year fix to bridge the gap especially if we do get DK.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Will be shocked if he goes there

Not if they are willing to pay what he wants. That seems to be the big issue with him. They may over spend for him tbh.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Obviously, we have to go after hard whoever is the best one is and I think the expectation would be a one-year fix to bridge the gap especially if we do get DK.

I just wonder why we are having to pry a QB from another school? Most schools don't rely on flipping a QB. They have the QB in place ie WW last year.

If the money men like freeze like they claim, I have no doubt they will cut the check for Juju. Literally getting him can solidify a lot of things. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The gamble is not knowing who will be in the portal. How many difference makers? And more than likely it's a 1 yr fix even if u get one. I have to believe Freeze has something up his sleeve. You've got a 5* WR saying he didn't commit to AU cause we don't have a QB committed. Just hard to understand why we are having to resort to flipping QB at the 11th hour.

I have to imagine a lot of people believed Freeze had something up his sleeve last year. See where we are this year.🤔

• Like 2

Pulling the curtain back on possible tea leaves on the Jeffrey Lee latest info from the previous page.

his info is coming from family close to DK which means they probably want him closer to home and aren’t crazy about Auburn because of how we started the season. That being said supposedly DK does not like Ole Miss or probably more specifically Lane Kiffin. It’s worth noting that yesterday an Ole Miss recruiting reporter put in a pic for DK to land at Auburn with a high conference level of eight out of 10. obviously that doesn’t mesh with the latest intel of Ole Miss making a buzz.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Pulling the curtain back on possible tea leaves on the Jeffrey Lee latest info from the previous page.

his info is coming from family close to DK which means they probably want him closer to home and aren’t crazy about Auburn because of how we started the season. That being said supposedly DK does not like Ole Miss or probably more specifically Lane Kiffin. It’s worth noting that yesterday an Ole Miss recruiting reporter put in a pic for DK to land at Auburn with a high conference level of eight out of 10. obviously that doesn’t mesh with the latest intel of Ole Miss making a buzz.

Tom Loy  joins Clemente and Caldwell saying it's this weekend or move on for DK and AU

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@I_M4_AU when I see or hear the term in flux as it relates to Auburn I look at it in terms of all the important people pulling in the right direction. Which means Hugh Freeze and the people funding our program and paying the NIL packages. if the money people and Hugh Freeze are still on the same long-term plan and we are able to get impact transfers where needed, especially at quarterback and retain most of the talent we want that’s already on roster then no. Now if our money people stop paying for Freeze’s plan then we will be in flux.

I appreciate the insight, but looking at the QB situation; Freeze was looking at a portal QB in the off season and, for whatever reason, stuck with Throne.  Was that because the money people didn’t want to pay the going rate or was it because Freeze really believed in Thorne?

I have no idea, but it looks like the former.  We were all in on Juju until his price got jacked up to the point we were no longer interested.  Now we have Duece wavering.  For some reason I don’t think it is money this time.  You can address that, but if it is not money, than the obvious answer is the *fit* is not compatible to what Duece is looking for.

It appears to me we have to pay for a mercenary or hope Walker White develops because the money people are not willing to pay a mercenary’s price and Freeze can’t get a 5* on his charm.

JMO, but that seems like a program in flux over the most important position on the field.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Will be shocked if he goes there

I won’t. They probably have the biggest NIL package for him by a good ways and their offense is putting up big numbers so far this season.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

but what do YOU think E?

Your input holds weight 

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I have to imagine a lot of people believed Freeze had something up his sleeve last year. See where we are this year.🤔

He got WW last yr. QB recruiting was what I was referring to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Tom Loy seems to think if Deuce doesn't make up his mind this weekend, we will politely move on, and circle back and go all in on JuJu.

Well, I’m glad my opinion is wrong.

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I just wonder why we are having to pry a QB from another school? Most schools don't rely on flipping a QB. They have the QB in place ie WW last year.

Politely disagree. I’ve seen many starting quarterbacks this year that were transfers.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Because it's year two of a massive rebuild?  Yes, we signed WW, but every kid develops at a different pace.  You try to sign a good one every year because literally no team hits on every QB they sign.

Ole Miss does nothing *but* pull QBs from the portal.  

Heupel at Tennessee had Hendon Hooker he got from Va Tech and Joe Milton he got from Michigan before having Iamaleava lined up at QB for his fourth season with the Vols.

Sarkisian at Texas has been riding Quinn Ewers that he got to transfer from Ohio State.  

Brian Kelly at LSU had Jayden Daniels his first two seasons who transferred from Arizona State. 

"Having to pry a QB from another school" is pretty wide spread by all sorts of teams at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

@JerryAU he did. Riley Leonard had agreed to an NIL deal to come to Auburn. Then his agent or dad got Notre Dame involved and Notre Dame upped the offer. Freeze and his ego said bye after that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Tom Loy  joins Clemente and Caldwell saying it's this weekend or move on for DK and AU

Not new information it’s been trending that way for a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Politely disagree. I’ve seen many starting quarterbacks this year that were transfers.

Didn't mean transfers . Meant high school QB recruiting this year. Our big 3. Lacy, Juju, Dk are all committed somewhere else and we are trying to pry them away. It's my understanding we could have had DK in the spring but chose to go after Juju. Most if not all high profile programs have their QB for this year and have had them awhile.. why not us?

• Like 1