2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@jluvah I know there is some tongue & cheek in your post but Deuce is not like the back ups. He has more potential than they do. Also we have 2 back up 4*s. Hank was a 3*.

@ellitoryou read my post correctly. I guess I’m just tired of Auburn recruiting Qb’s that are supposedly big time players, that fans and insiders on this site think will be stars, who can’t see the field for any significant playing time; ie:Geriner, White, etc. And it’s due to them not having progressed as much as a 3* like H Brown. Auburn seems to be the only SEC school that can’t find a functioning QB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I figured we could get a serviceable qb. Not necessarily a Cam Ward. Maybe a Kyle Mccord type. Someone to at least push PT

Yeah. Hugh just believes in his QB developing abilities so much that he thought he could make PT serviceable. That being said, if PT plays in the 1st half we likely beat Arky. It's why I thought the whole time, if we are going to try Hank we should have tested him & put him in at the point in the 2nd half vs Cal where PT didn't have it that game & there was no coming back for him to get it that game. The only way we would learn anything from Hank playing the worst pass D in the nation in UNM is if he played bad, which he didn't.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good to know, but I won’t be comfortable until we see who hits the portal after the season.

@I_M4_AU Fair & I will add, who we sign in this class & from the portal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Hugh just believes in his QB developing abilities so much that he thought he could make PT serviceable. That being said, if PT plays in the 1st half we likely beat Arky. It's why I thought the whole time, if we are going to try Hank we should have tested him & put him in at the point in the 2nd half vs Cal where PT didn't have it that game & there was no coming back for him to get it that game. The only way we would learn anything from Hank playing the worst pass D in the nation in UNM is if he played bad, which he didn't.

So basically Hugh cowed to the crowd. Not a good look

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

explain???

Hugh has said Thorne was the best in practice and the most knowledgeable of the system. You said if Thorne plays  against Arky we win. Why didn’t Hugh stick with him?  Sometimes a coach has to make decisions that aren’t very popular to the crowd but are decisions he knows are right. Hugh played Brown to appease the crowd.

My guess is Geriner, Brown and possibly White enter the portal after this year. Better hope we get Deuce and he ain’t as raw as some insiders think

6 hours ago, jluvah said:

Why didn’t Hugh stick with him?

@jluvahBecause of how Thorne played against Cal. Some players are better in practice but not great in games. Others play better in games than practice.

6 hours ago, jluvah said:

Sometimes a coach has to make decisions that aren’t very popular to the crowd but are decisions he knows are right. Hugh played Brown to appease the crowd.

No. He played Hank to give him a chance in games to see if he is better than Thorne in games. Had nothing to do with appeasing the crowd. Not sure how someone comes to that conclusion TBH.

I'm just saying with Thorne strugglinf so bad vs Cal we should have tried Hank VS Cal to see what he could do against a P4 team before we got to conference play.

• Like 2

Per JLee, Ole Miss may have a better shot of flipping DK from ND than AU does despite all the visits to AU.

And……………………. here we go again.

Per JLee, Ole Miss may have a better shot of flipping DK from ND than AU does despite all the visits to AU.

Asking for a friend; would this put the program in flux?  :poke:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure who it was maybe @DAG that said, if u wanna play with the big dogs, gotta spend the money. 

Correct, you can’t bargain shop at this position unless you got horses everywhere else 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm sure how the O has looked has an impact on this?

14 hours ago, jluvah said:

My guess is Geriner, Brown and possibly White enter the portal after this year.

White is all AU. I could see it his Senior season if he still hasn’t gotten his chance.

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Clemente and Caldwell said if DK isn't committed by this weekend it won't happen. That AU has pushed for that timeline.

Well it ain’t happening lol. Might as well move on then. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Asking for a friend; would this put the program in flux?  :poke:

@I_M4_AU when I see or hear the term in flux as it relates to Auburn I look at it in terms of all the important people pulling in the right direction. Which means Hugh Freeze and the people funding our program and paying the NIL packages. if the money people and Hugh Freeze are still on the same long-term plan and we are able to get impact transfers where needed, especially at quarterback and retain most of the talent we want that’s already on roster then no. Now if our money people stop paying for Freeze’s plan then we will be in flux.

• Thanks 1