2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Auburn was is a team with a lot of roster holes to get bodies for and just couldn't go all in on one guy for short term gain.  

FIFY. Not as bad as it was but still a lot of holes to fill.

• Like 1

This thread is sounding a whole lot like we know we're not going to get him so we never needed him anyway kind of vibe.. we need to take a quality quarterback in this cycle.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shabby said:

This thread is sounding a whole lot like we know we're not going to get him so we never needed him anyway kind of vibe.. we need to take a quality quarterback in this cycle.

I’m not getting that vibe at all. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shabby said:

@shabby We need him in the long run but the reality is he is not going to be the guy for 2025. Virtually no true Fremen will be for their teams.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, shabby said:

I don’t get that at all. Sounds like Deuce is taking his time to make sure he is sure. Pretty mature sounding to me…of course as fans we wanted him to flip a month ago …

• Like 1

By the way, Tom Loy (247Sports) is reporting that Deuce is probably going to be in Auburn this weekend for the Arkansas game AND next week for his OV when we play Oklahoma.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 7:10 PM, ellitor said:

FIFY. Not as bad as it was but still a lot of holes to fill.

Maybe not as many holes to fill as much as need to get younger players better at what they need to do.

12 minutes ago, PickingOffPeanuts said:

If two more visits back to back don't seal the deal, I'm not sure anything will.

Not just that. If he comes the next 2 weekends that will be 5 of 6 weekends he could have been anywhere, going back to BCW right before the dead period. He will have been here more than some of our commits.

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe not as many holes to fill as much as need to get younger players better at what they need to do.

@Hank2020 It's not as simple as that. We have some experienced guys playing who just haven't been very good. For example, the DL & OL still needs some major upgrade work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:47 PM, ellitor said:

@shabby We need him in the long run but the reality is he is not going to be the guy for 2025. Virtually no true Fremen will be for their teams.

You’re absolutely right. 

Walker White should have a legitimate chance to compete for the starting job next season. 

If Hank shows enough promise and potential this year then he’ll be back to compete for the starting job again. 

If Hank doesn’t show many flashes and has a rough season then I fully expect us to land a solid QB in the portal. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not just that. If he comes the next 2 weekends that will be 5 of 6 weekends he could have been anywhere, going back to BCW right before the dead period. He will have been here more than some of our commits.

It almost feels like he really likes Auburn but wants to see some type of promise from us  before he makes his official decision to flip or stay.

If that’s the case then he’s giving us a good amount of chances to impress him! 

7 minutes ago, FreezeWarning said:

It almost feels like he really likes Auburn but wants to see some type of promise from us  before he makes his official decision to flip or stay.

Well, or he is waiting to see which program will offer him the most $$$$$$$$$ and is baiting both. Which, IMO, is what is really going on.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

Well, or he is waiting to see which program will offer him the most $$$$$$$$$ and is baiting both. Which, IMO, is what is really going on.

You’re not wrong. Deuce could easily be trying to drive up his price tag. 

I’d love for us to land Deuce but I wouldn’t participate in a bidding war like that to try and land him.

If we’re gonna be involved in a bidding war for a QB then it should be through the portal and for someone that’s proven.

As for getting into bidding wars for high school QBs, it’d have to be for an elite prospect. Deuce could definitely be a very good college QB but he’s not a crazy elite QB prospect like that. 

All that being said, I have no clue how much the price tag drops when it comes to QB tiers. I’ve heard of some high school players landing millions already.

I doubt Deuce is getting offered that type of money but how much does the price tag drop off for a QB of his caliber?

Is there just 1 special tier for QBs that get millions while the next tier only gets a couple hundred thousand? 

If the price tag drops off like that then it’d be okay to get into a small bidding war at that point. 

5 hours ago, AURex said:

@AURexIt's not. Deuce is well compensated no matter which school he chooses but NIL is not a major factor in his recruitment in all the reports I've seen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FreezeWarning said:

If Hank doesn’t show many flashes and has a rough season then I fully expect us to land a solid QB in the portal. 

It sounds like Hank would have to become a bonafid stud before the season is over for us to not try to land a good portal QB.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

. For example, the DL & OL still needs some major upgrade work.

Major major upgrades needed to be SEC competitive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FreezeWarning said:

You’re not wrong. Deuce could easily be trying to drive up his price tag. 

I’d love for us to land Deuce but I wouldn’t participate in a bidding war like that to try and land him.

If we’re gonna be involved in a bidding war for a QB then it should be through the portal and for someone that’s proven.

As for getting into bidding wars for high school QBs, it’d have to be for an elite prospect. Deuce could definitely be a very good college QB but he’s not a crazy elite QB prospect like that. 

All that being said, I have no clue how much the price tag drops when it comes to QB tiers. I’ve heard of some high school players landing millions already.

I doubt Deuce is getting offered that type of money but how much does the price tag drop off for a QB of his caliber?

Is there just 1 special tier for QBs that get millions while the next tier only gets a couple hundred thousand? 

If the price tag drops off like that then it’d be okay to get into a small bidding war at that point. 

It seems like he can bring some talented recruits so I would pay the money for him. Or we just give his money to Babbaloa.

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Or we just give his money to Babbaloa.

NIL not a big factor in his recruitment either.

• Like 1

Visiting 4/5 straight weekends...? Has a recruit ever done that...? 

That's crazy but hopefully a good indicator 

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Visiting 4/5 straight weekends...? Has a recruit ever done that...? 

That's crazy but hopefully a good indicator 

You would think. If they let this guy slip away after all these visits, it’ll be a major failure. Part of this is making sure you field an offense that looks somewhat competent as well. I’m sure QB’s get turned off by crap like we all saw vs Cal.