2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

Hank Brown was fourth string at start of last year and he's starting the next year.  So you never know. But some on here are self proclaimed experts and they certainly could be right. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and respect. WDE!!

Looks like Hank will Be the starter for a second week. He looked better than Thorne. Will this have any effect on Duece? I sort of doubt it.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Looks like Hank will Be the starter for a second week. He looked better than Thorne. Will this have any effect on Duece? I sort of doubt it.

IMO seeing consistently competent QB play from Hank would be a positive for landing Deuce. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

IMO seeing consistently competent QB play from Hank would be a positive for landing Deuce. 

@JFDTiger80 @phillyeagle Not so sure about that. Deuce #1 priority is playing as early as possible per reports. If Hank plays well & ND sells Deuce that the guys behind Riley Leonard aren't developing well then it could be a negative for AU in Deuce's recruitment.

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Do we know where/if Deuce visited a game yesterday?

I heard he was at Southern Miss game, but wasn’t a recruiting visit.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@JFDTiger80 @phillyeagle Not so sure about that. Deuce #1 priority is playing as early as possible per reports. If Hank plays well & ND sells Deuce that the guys behind Riley Leonard aren't developing well then it could be a negative for AU in Deuce's recruitment.

You know one thing for sure; You never know. I have watched several highlight films for Deuce, remember highlights are highlights and he is No guarantee based on what I have seen. He has incredible potential. I hope we get him. Damn if it isn't our turn to have someone work out for us.

Well, we recently had a QB that worked out amazingly. Turns out it was Bo Nix….it didn’t work out for AU but it sure did for Oregon. Very poor coaching killed him for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I’d prefer someone earn the job instead of being promised the job.  Welcome the competition, don’t evade it.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

I’d prefer someone earn the job instead of being promised the job.  Welcome the competition, don’t evade it.  

@TigerPAC Didn't say nor imply AU or ND was promising him the job or that he wanted that promise. Just said he reportedly wants the quickest path to playing time.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@TigerPAC Didn't say nor imply AU or ND was promising him the job or that he wanted that promise. Just said he reportedly wants the quickest path to playing time.

Then he should have committed last week based on that.  

• Like 2

On 9/13/2024 at 12:27 PM, aucanucktiger said:

What is your source, that you put in actual quotes, that Walker White is not developing as well as hoped? That's an insane statement if actually made, he's a 4th string true freshman quantity of snaps. This is how rumors start.

My "source" comes from Mods on this board and in this very thread.

The statement was actually made by ellitor who as you are well aware is considered an insider on here and would certainly know how development is progressing within the roster. :dunno: 

• Like 1

Honestly , if Hank performs good to great and that causes Deuce to not come , I am okay with that. It would mean we would have a viable starter for the future with WW hopefully developing. We will need to go to the transfer portal anyhow. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Honestly , if Hank performs good to great and that causes Deuce to not come , I am okay with that. It would mean we would have a viable starter for the future with WW hopefully developing. We will need to go to the transfer portal anyhow. 

Absolutely. A bird in the hand ...

• Like 4

And the truth is that deuce has a lot of potential but is still raw. Would love to have him as a solidified piece to this class but I am not sure it’s worth wringing hands over. I cannot see him making a direct impact in the next year or two anyway, especially with our “rebuild.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I cannot see him making a direct impact in the next year or two anyway, especially with our “rebuild.”

Playing wise no but landing him could help us land important pieces like Babalola & Cunningham.

• Like 2

We won't know what caliber of quarterback Hank Brown is until late in the season with consistent opportunity to demonstrate. If we miss out deuce and Hank Brown doesn't manifest as a high caliber quarterback then we will be screwed for next year.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

We won't know what caliber of quarterback Hank Brown is until late in the season with consistent opportunity to demonstrate. If we miss out deuce and Hank Brown doesn't manifest as a high caliber quarterback then we will be screwed for next year.

No we won’t because we have the transfer portal. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What he said.  

Not trying to be difficult but exactly how many quarterbacks in the portal last year were available. We struck out there and the standard excuse was there wasn't anyone that would have been a substantial upgrade. Its seems a no brainer that we are in desperate need of landing Deuce

1 hour ago, shabby said:

I mean in that scenario, you'd presumably get Deuce then. Hank could be good up until November, completely flame out, and you'd still have time to make Deuce happen. It's not like Auburn is going to stop pursuing whoever their #1 HS QB is 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, shabby said:

Not trying to be difficult but exactly how many quarterbacks in the portal last year were available. We struck out there and the standard excuse was there wasn't anyone that would have been a substantial upgrade. Its seems a no brainer that we are in desperate need of landing Deuce

At best it's limited and most of the qbs in the portal are second/third stringers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shabby said:

There were several.  But we had more needs than just a QB.  We had a WR that needed to be purged and rebuilt almost entirely.  Auburn was a team with a lot of roster holes to get bodies for and just couldn't go all in on one guy for short term gain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2