2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

If we need “proof of concept” to get a good quarterback, we’re never going to get one…since you can’t have proof of concept without a good quarterback!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Tora, Tora, Tora

29 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Great movie 👍

He was there.

Thankfully, though, not on board the Arizona.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

DK is a bit of a project, so Freeze could be gone before he's even ready to play. 

If I'm Freeze, I'm already tampering and putting everything I have into a portal QB. For example, I'd give Lagway all the money he wants and maybe we get him when Napier is fired. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

DK is a bit of a project, so Freeze could be gone before he's even ready to play. 

If I'm Freeze, I'm already tampering and putting everything I have into a portal QB. For example, I'd give Lagway all the money he wants and maybe we get him when Napier is fired. 

Lagway? You mean a freshman who could actually run the offense? What a novel idea. Only Nix has been able to do that at Auburn. And we ran him off( kind of)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020 Yes there is. He's supposedly not developing as well as hoped. I'm not saying he won't work out but we can't assume he will either.

I don't want to sound like a horse's arse, but could there be an issue with the developer?  

Freeze praises Kent Austin as an elite QB coach.  We've seen Thorne in action and now White is "supposedly not developing as well as hoped."

Austin's got a little age on him +60 yrs old, other than Hugh's OC at Ole Miss, he's been in Canada. He may just need more time with the QB's and we'll see the fruits of his labors down the road.

image.png.030db6c30f7c3de42fd1b93418afb008.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Yup. Lagway’s recruitment is going to go bonkers when Napier is let go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Yeah I like Lagway's potential but he needs basically what Cam Ward was to this previous transfer cycle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I like Lagway's potential but he needs basically what Cam Ward was to this previous transfer cycle 

It will be tough. I’m just saying we should start with him and cast a wide net. And throw a bag at somebody, even if you have to sacrifice at other positions. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

It will be tough. I’m just saying we should start with him and cast a wide net. And throw a bag at somebody, even if you have to sacrifice at other positions. 

Yes. I believe it must happen.

• Like 1

Just now, au701948 said:

Yes. I believe it must happen.

I thought it would happen last time. Must happen next time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Their info = guesses. Based on the facts of what has/hasn't happened. 

Regardless we are on a recruit's thread on a message board. The idea is to post what info is out there on the recruit, hopefully from reputable sources, regardless of whether that info pan out or not. Without posting & discussing said info, the thread either becomes a dead zone or a derailed thread. I'd rather talk about the info that's out there than the thread become a dead zone or gets derailed, even if the info doesn't pan out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wiltfong talks AU recruiting for about 8 minutes. Deuce info bookends the AU segment.

• Thanks 1

@ellitor. After reading some of my posts on the DK thread, I feel like I owe you an apology.  @TitanTigerwas correct. Recruiting is fluid, inexact science with no absolutes. I know u post what your sources tell you. I see where some of my rebuttals to your posts weren't  necessary or correct considering the overall nature of recruiting.  I guess it took @titantiger point that out for me to realize that. Thanks for your info on the board and I will be more mindful as to the subject matter at hand.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 9

FWIW Tom Loy said the loss to Cal pushed back DK's timing plan to flip to AU.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Tom Loy said the loss to Cal pushed back DK's timing plan to flip to AU.

Of course. Can’t blame him one bit. I wouldn’t want to commit either when you see a show like that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Of course. Can’t blame him one bit. I wouldn’t want to commit either when you see a show like that. 

Yup! I know if I was dead set on flipping I wouldn't do it after the school I'm flipping to had a bad loss. Hard for a person to celebrate a commitment after a tough defeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yup! I know if I was dead set on flipping I wouldn't do it after the school I'm flipping to had a bad loss. Hard for a person to celebrate a commitment after a tough defeat.

It is just the smart move. Auburn needs to show him what he can achieve here. Here’s to hoping we do but ND is going to still be a tough pull.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I don't want to sound like a horse's arse, but could there be an issue with the developer?  

Freeze praises Kent Austin as an elite QB coach.  We've seen Thorne in action and now White is "supposedly not developing as well as hoped."

Austin's got a little age on him +60 yrs old, other than Hugh's OC at Ole Miss, he's been in Canada. He may just need more time with the QB's and we'll see the fruits of his labors down the road.

image.png.030db6c30f7c3de42fd1b93418afb008.png

What is your source, that you put in actual quotes, that Walker White is not developing as well as hoped? That's an insane statement if actually made, he's a 4th string true freshman quantity of snaps. This is how rumors start.

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

What is your source, that you put in actual quotes, that Walker White is not developing as well as hoped? That's an insane statement if actually made, he's a 4th string true freshman quantity of snaps. This is how rumors start.

I don't have a quote but I've heard from more than one person that WW is still swimming out there.  The game hasn't slowed down for him yet.  That's not surprising necessarily - he's a true freshman.  But he needs to make some progress in that regard.  Right now he doesn't look like you'd let him take any meaningful snaps this year and unless he makes dramatic progress in the offseason, he's not challenging for the starting job next year either.  

50 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Researching all-time AU fan board posts for a recruit. Going way back, I think Callaway (signed with Bama) has the record - 45 pages? of posts.

@aucanucktiger If we include the old Auburn Eagle days the Lache Seastrunk thread had gotten to over 1000 pages.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1