2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

None of that happened. He may end up in the class. He may not.. ...My point since last summer is nobody knows. Wiltfong, Loy , JLee, Pink and especially nobody on here knows. Deuce probably don't even know. It's all guesses. 

That's fine but those are still the most reputable sources on this so their info will still continue to be posted.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's fine but those are still the most reputable sources on this so their info will still continue to be posted.

Their info = guesses. Based on the facts of what has/hasn't happened. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Their info = guesses. Based on the facts of what has/hasn't happened. 

You know, scrolling on past if you don't think this kind of information is useful is always an option.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2024 at 10:47 AM, TitanTiger said:

You can.  It's also a place where your OPINIONS can be critiqued.  It's not just a post only board where we get to soapbox our thoughts with no pushback.

I've called out others before.  But I don't sit here, waiting with bated breath to make sure I catch every instance of negativity.  I just began to notice a pattern with you and pointed it out.  If you can't handle that, the public internet isn't for you.  Nothing you've said is worth of being banned, but neither is it immune from being commented on, so pull up your big boy pants and soldier on.

A reminder in case u forgot 

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've been waiting on you to chime in.. haven't heard from you in awhile.  Kinda ironic, you tell me to scroll on past. 3 weeks ago you tell me to put my big boy pants on and accept pushback. Maybe u should follow suit

But you aren't pushing back or critiquing anything.  You're just whining and complaining that people who have some inside connections - either with the coaching staff or with a recruit - relay what they are hearing but 17-18 year old kids still have minds of their own.  And that's pretty much all that recruiting coverage is across the board.  No one really knows anything until a kid signs that National Letter of Intent.  

So bellyaching and pointing out the bleeding obvious (no one really KNOWS what a kid is going to ultimately do) is a waste of time.  Parsing information from those involved in the recruiting process - a process that is always in a state of flux by nature - is just the only way it's done if you're going to talk about it at all before signing day.  You seem to get really frustrated by it.  So maybe following recruiting just isn't for you.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

But you aren't pushing back or critiquing anything.  You're just whining and complaining that people who have some inside connections - either with the coaching staff or with a recruit - relay what they are hearing.  And that's pretty much all that recruiting coverage is across the board.  No one really knows anything until a kid signs that National Letter of Intent.  

So bellyaching and pointing out the bleeding obvious (no one really KNOWS what a kid is going to ultimately do) is a waste of time.  Parsing information from those involved in the recruiting process - a process that is always in a state of flux by nature - is just the only way it's done if you're going to talk about it at all before signing day.  You seem to get really frustrated by it.  So maybe following recruiting just isn't for you.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Na, just got called out for posting my opinion,  which you deemed as negative. But to quote you...You can always scroll past my posts..  I hope we get DK. Maybe we will. But to have questions as to why it hasn't happened yet is justified, since 3 separate time frames posted on here haven't come true. To kinda paraphrase you, if things get posted on here and don't come true, expect questions and doubt and pushback. I'm moving on from this subject.  If he commits he does, if he dont,  he don't. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

& I feel like I have said this nearly 10 times the past few months. lol

Actually much more than 10 times

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Na, just got called out for posting my opinion,  which you deemed as negative. But to quote you...You can always scroll past my posts..  I hope we get DK. Maybe we will. But to have questions as to why it hasn't happened yet is justified, since 3 separate time frames posted on here haven't come true. To kinda paraphrase you, if things get posted on here and don't come true, expect questions and doubt and pushback. I'm moving on from this subject.  If he commits he does, if he dont,  he don't. 

What I'm saying is, you're a one-note song.  We get it.  Kids are unpredictable.  Recruiting information isn't hard and straight facts.  You seem to get your knickers in a twist more than most about it.  Find something new and interesting to say rather than littering threads with the same caterwauling all the time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What I'm saying is, you're a one-note song.  We get it.  Kids are unpredictable.  Recruiting information isn't hard and straight facts.  You seem to get your knickers in a twist more than most about it.  Find something new and interesting to say rather than littering threads with the same caterwauling all the time.

Or, like you say. Just scroll past what I post on any subject. It's real easy to do. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020 Yes there is. He's supposedly not developing as well as hoped. I'm not saying he won't work out but we can't assume he will either.

That seems to be a trend for us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Or, like you say. Just scroll past what I post on any subject. It's real easy to do. 

Or like I say - quit repeating the same complaint over and over. It’s the nature of recruiting and those who like to follow it get tired of wading through the whining of those who apparently don’t. If you can’t do that, I can just start making some of them disappear so the rest of us can enjoy the discussion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020 Yes there is. He's supposedly not developing as well as hoped. I'm not saying he won't work out but we can't assume he will either.

I’m assuming the same people saying he won’t are Lso saying Thorne will!! Hoping both work out.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

At this point I’m ready to just foresake ever taking an HS QB again. What’s the point if every one of them is going to be a bust? 😡 

Based off talk I’m seeing on other sites, it sounds like Knight will be a bust too. It can’t be that hard to have good QB play, it just can’t.

On principle, I’m a big proponent of emphasizing HS recruiting, but QB is an emphatic exception!

I would love for Walker to find a role somewhere on the team, off the field he seems like a true leader.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Or like I say - quit repeating the same complaint over and over. It’s the nature of recruiting and those who like to follow it get tired of wading through the whining of those who apparently don’t. If you can’t do that, I can just start making some of them disappear so the rest of us can enjoy the discussion. 

That won't bother me 1 bit. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That won't bother me 1 bit. 

Well, I'm not infinitely patient.  If it keeps up, I'm not just going to remove messages forever.  My time is valuable.

There's no reason for this to keep escalating though.  It's pretty simple.  Recruiting by its very nature is inexact and can change day to day, week to week, based on a variety of factors.  Those who want to follow it know that going in and take that into account. So having a human Womp Womp Trombone chiming in to complain "no one knows anything" on the regular gets old.  

You apparently don't really like to follow it if this bothers you.  So you can literally just skip the entire recruiting forum.

We used to have a long-running beer thread here on AUF.  It was for people that like to try various craft beers and like to talk with other people who like them too.  No one in that thread wants to keep hearing from the guy who thinks craft beer sucks and how folks who won't just drink Budweiser or PBR are pretentious and fussy.  We get it.  You don't like craft beer.  Let other people enjoy things without your input.

Right now, that's pretty much you and recruiting threads.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, I'm not infinitely patient.  If it keeps up, I'm not just going to remove messages forever.  My time is valuable.

There's no reason for this to keep escalating though.  It's pretty simple.  Recruiting by its very nature is inexact and can change day to day, week to week, based on a variety of factors.  Those who want to follow it know that going in and take that into account. So having a human Womp Womp Trombone chiming in to complain "no one knows anything" on the regular gets old.  

You apparently don't really like to follow it if this bothers you.  So you can literally just skip the entire recruiting forum.

We used to have a long-running beer thread here on AUF.  It was for people that like to try various craft beers and like to talk with other people who like them too.  No one in that thread wants to keep hearing from the guy who thinks craft beer sucks and how folks who won't just drink Budweiser or PBR are pretentious and fussy.  We get it.  You don't like craft beer.  Let other people enjoy things without your input.

Right now, that's pretty much you and recruiting threads.

I literally posted 3 hours ago that I was moving on from this subject. I have only responded to what you quote me on.  You can probably do it quicker than I can so please delete every post I've made on this thread and that will help clear the thread and I won't post anymore.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

I certainly would not commit after what I saw last Saturday. If Auburn would’ve handled business and ND still loss , I believe he absolutely would’ve been more inclined to commit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why does this not surprise me whatsoever. When was the last time a 4 star QB panned out at Auburn. None seem to develop like they do at other schools 

Our high school QB evaluations by the coaches who have come and gone or who are here now have been nothing short of horrendous . On second thought, maybe I don’t want this recruit to commit to Auburn 

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, jluvah said:

When was the last time a 4 star QB panned out at Auburn.

Fixed that for you.  We haven't had a QB progress year-over-year in forever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Why does this not surprise me whatsoever. When was the last time a 4 star QB panned out at Auburn. None seem to develop like they do at other schools 

Our high school QB evaluations by the coaches who have come and gone or who are here now have been nothing short of horrendous . On second thought, maybe I don’t want this recruit to commit to Auburn 

Portal, portal, portal!

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Tora, Tora, Tora

Seriously though, the more I read on here the more ready I am to give up bothering with HS QBs. Time to drop Deuce (pun intended) and put all hands on deck for the portal.

I’d say we should’ve asked Juju’s dad “how high?” But then again no one else in the south was bothering recruiting him + he has dropped in the rankings so maybe he too will be a bust.

Edited by AUwent

42 minutes ago, jluvah said:

On second thought, maybe I don’t want this recruit to commit to Auburn 

Valid point.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

But you aren't pushing back or critiquing anything.  You're just whining and complaining that people who have some inside connections - either with the coaching staff or with a recruit - relay what they are hearing but 17-18 year old kids still have minds of their own.  And that's pretty much all that recruiting coverage is across the board.  No one really knows anything until a kid signs that National Letter of Intent.  

So tue... I’m not sure why people don’t understand this about recruiting... No use in whining about the process.. it is what it is 

• Like 1