2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

Just now, fishepa said:

I think our time is up with Deuce, he would have committed by now.  Just my opinion.

As long as he continues to visit, we're in it.  And he's planning an official visit to the OU game, which will set up an interesting dilemma as ND/Freeman have a policy regarding making OVs to other schools once you commit to them.  They drop you.  Now whether they do that with Deuce or make an exception, who knows.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

JLee, Pink said today that Deuce was trending away from AU

Truthfully, I could see Freeman getting firm and wanting a concrete commit. 

Both ND and AU are coming off totally upset losses, Freeman/Freeze may want to solidify things for the Dec signing period.  

14 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I think our time is up with Deuce, he would have committed by now.  Just my opinion.

Could very well be. Certainly not a sure thing like we have been lead to believe the last 2 months. 

24 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Nah. I think he’s truly torn between two programs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CAMCRAZY said:

If still undecided how far does the coaches let this drag out?

No insider but I think they’ve put all their eggs in the basket with him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yea if they do t get him, they’re going to have to portal hard.

If it comes down to a portal QB to finally fill-out our badly needed QB transition piece, CHF this time around will have to be quick and generous with $ just to finally connect the dots.

He cannot wait another year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It will be portal hard either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

@TAYLORKEETON Nope. They are & have been in contact with others. It's just been on the DL.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@AuCivilEng1 That was always the plan with or without Deuce, or any other high school QB in the class for that matter. I & they would love to get Deuce but I don't think anyone is expecting him to start in 2025. He's just to raw right now.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

If it comes down to a portal QB to finally fill-out our badly needed QB transition piece, CHF this time around will have to be quick and generous with $ just to finally connect the dots.

He cannot wait another year!

@au701948 He's got to land the right guy too. Riley Leonard was the guy til his agent got ND involved & upped the anti. That looks like an eval miss right now had we landed RL.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It will be portal hard either way.

& I feel like I have said this nearly 10 times the past few months. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Exactly what I said last month.  Nobody knows where Deuce is going. Not sure he even knows

Well if our staff takes him at his word, he's been apart of the class for the past 2 weeks. Obviously saying it to our staff & making it public are 2 different things.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

JLee, Pink said today that Deuce was trending away from AU

That's not different than what was posted here yesterday. Essentially same info.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:08 PM, ellitor said:

He (JLee) hasn't thrown in the towel. He dropped it to 50%. In no way does that mean throwing in the towel. Here's what he said. He's not sure Deuce will ever be ready to flip from ND. He said DK absolutely loves Freeman & will be a tough pull. He expects DK to OV AU with his good buddy A-Train for the OU game.

Also FWIW every other AU recruiting site plus national guys Wiltfong & Loy still thinks it will be AU in the end. Not saying one side is better than another. Just that there are different opinions from reputable sources.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well if our staff takes him at his word, he's been apart of the class for the past 2 weeks. Obviously saying it to our staff & making it public are 2 different things.

I’ve seen this song and dance way too many times on this site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I’ve seen this song and dance way too many times on this site.

@jluvah We have had many silents work out & not work out alike. For example, a good number of guys who publicly committed to AU in late July & early August were silents a good way before going public. Some were silents for a couple months, if not longer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He is not target for next year. There is no reason to think White won’t work out, and maybe Brown too.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

How do u know he isn't telling ND the same thing?

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's not different than what was posted here yesterday. Essentially same info.

Also FWIW every other AU recruiting site plus national guys Wiltfong & Loy still thinks it will be AU in the end. Not saying one side is better than another. Just that there are different opinions from reputable sources.

We've been told on this thread that

1. He will be committed before his HS season starts.

2. He will commit with a big party at AU on Aug 31st.

3. He will commit last week after his rivalry game. 

None of that happened. He may end up in the class. He may not.. ...My point since last summer is nobody knows. Wiltfong, Loy , JLee, Pink and especially nobody on here knows. Deuce probably don't even know. It's all guesses. 

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

There is no reason to think White won’t work

@Hank2020 Yes there is. He's supposedly not developing as well as hoped. I'm not saying he won't work out but we can't assume he will either.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How do u know he isn't telling ND the same thing?

He is & that's been said here multiple times. Hence him having a tough time telling Freeman he is decommitting.