2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

4 hours ago, jluvah said:

It’s just that we’ve been hoodwinked sooo many times by so-called experts, it’s hard to take them serious when it comes to Auburn getting game changers like this guy

It’s been my memory that if the recruiting experts CB a recruit to AU, if the recruit’s announcement takes place within 1-2 weeks, it normally holds true to AU.

If the recruit takes longer than 2 weeks to announce, it’s more of a 50/50 shot.

Note: I am NOT saying it pans out this exact way for every recruit that is CB’d to AU. This is just my memory on most. 

Countdown to E disproving my memory in 3…2…1…

Edited by Viper

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

Don’t get excited until they actually sign.. it keeps you from being disappointed 😆 

Just a note.. The recruiting gurus are giving their opinions on what the recruit will do on signing day.. they are guessing the most probable outcome. In other words , they can be right that given all the information available at the moment, he’s signing with Auburn.

But they can also end up being wrong (Even if they are right today given the information they have)because kids change their minds ..  a lot ... at 18 years old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

But they can also end up being wrong (Even if they are right today given the information they have)because kids change their minds ..  a lot ... at 18 years old. 

The good news is the vast majority don’t change their minds twice between two schools. Antonio Coleman did, but that was an anomaly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Tiger Refuge Shopping in my post means planning on taking 1 regardless of what HS QB we land in this class.

It’s good that they recognize that. The dilemma for me is that if we land Deuce, that might lower the ceiling on the caliber of portal QB we can afford. And at this point, the pressure to get an elite one is going to be Marianas Trench level by December.

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The dilemma for me is that if we land Deuce, that might lower the ceiling on the caliber of portal QB we can afford.

@AUwent Don't think so. We supposedly have a truckload of NIL to use for the next couple of years. I don't think Deuce's NIL will factor into what we can pay a transfer QB. The biggest factor is, & has been, will Freeze go out of his financial comfort zone to land a transfer QB? Based on the 1st couple of years, my personal answer is I'll believe it when I see it.

Media, including recruiting "experts," cover their own. If Deuce doesn't sign with Auburn prepare for an Auburn staff trashing by these clowns 2d only to Danny Sheridan having "proof" of Cam accepting cash (until FBI descended on him and Fineclown held his hand on natl TV).

Come on Deuce! We. Need. You!

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Apparently JLee has threw in the towel and dropped his %?

He hasn't thrown in the towel, but doesn't like the way things are trending with another weekend visit passing and no commitment.  He's got it at 50/50.  Others seem to still be holding steady for now.  

I do know from what I've read that the kid likes Notre Dame and Marcus Freeman a lot and that hadn't changed.  So it's not like we're up against some school that pissed him off in some way and is just looking for any other option.  We're having to win him over from a place and people that he still likes.  We do have other advantages like the SEC, proximity to home and family being able to come to his games easier and things like that.  He's just not going to make a quick or emotional decision and if he doesn't he hates the part of it where he has to tell Freeman he's backing out.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Apparently JLee has threw in the towel and dropped his %?

@TAYLORKEETON He hasn't thorn in the towel. He dropped it to 50%. In no way does that mean throwing in the towel. Here's what he said. He's not sure Deuce will ever be ready to flip from ND. He said DK absolutely loves Freeman & will be a tough pull. He expects DK to OV AU with his good buddy A-Train for the OU game.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why we can't get a QB. It's the player that touches ball almost every play. Why does Auburn continue to let that be an absolute glaring weakness every year? What loyalty is there to Thorne? I always stayed confused about the QB play every single year. Thorne has never been good. It should be a huge incentive for Deuce to commit. 

Edited by AU Is Gold
Grammar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I don't understand why we can't get a QB. It's the player that touches ball almost every play. Why does Auburn continue to let that be an absolute glaring weakness every year? What loyalty is there to Thorne? I always stayed confused about the QB play every single year. Thorne has never been good. It should a huge incentive for Deuce to commit. 

The last few years of Gus it was apparent that he just didn't know how to evaluate nor develop HS QBs.  The pattern was there and it made top tier QBs steer clear of Auburn.

When Bo Nix was signed as a 5-star out of high school, that was going to certainly cool QB recruiting for a cycle or two.  No hot shot QB wants to come sit behind a 5-star if he can help it, unless it's at an already elite program competing for titles like Georgia.

Then the Harsin debacle happened.  And no QB wanted to come to that shitshow, and besides he was barely recruiting.

Freeze gets hired, but Auburn is down bad post-Harsin and nothing about our receiving room inspired confidence. As a result, the offense was predictably mediocre to bad.  I can't blame guys for wanting to see a little proof of concept.  I think the WR room is something that is attractive to QBs, but I think they still want to see improvement.  I think we can still show that (it is just Game Two after all). 

But that's our recent struggle in getting good QBs at Auburn in a nutshell.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The last few years of Gus it was apparent that he just didn't know how to evaluate nor develop HS QBs.  The pattern was there and it made top tier QBs steer clear of Auburn.

When Bo Nix was signed as a 5-star out of high school, that was going to certainly cool QB recruiting for a cycle or two.  No hot shot QB wants to come sit behind a 5-star if he can help it, unless it's at an already elite program competing for titles like Georgia.

Then the Harsin debacle happened.  And no QB wanted to come to that shitshow, and besides he was barely recruiting.

Freeze gets hired, but Auburn is down bad post-Harsin and nothing about our receiving room inspired confidence. As a result, the offense was predictably mediocre to bad.  I can't blame guys for wanting to see a little proof of concept.  I think the WR room is something that is attractive to QBs, but I think they still want to see improvement.  I think we can still show that (it is just Game Two after all). 

But that's our recent struggle in getting good QBs at Auburn in a nutshell.

I think Freeze also bankrolled some of that NIL money available to him for next season, knowing this was not going to be a championship season anyway.  I would expect him to get a high profile transfer QB for the 2025 season along with Deuce. 

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Thorne has never been good. It should be a huge incentive for Deuce to commit. 

You can say the same thing for ND and their QB situation 

On 8/10/2024 at 3:08 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

The longer this drags out less likely he flips IMO. 

Thought this might be worth a bump... even though some disagreed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

It should be a huge incentive for Deuce to commit. 

@AU Is Gold Not when he's in football love with the school he is committed to & the HC there.

The line-of-scrimmage (the foundation) should always be built first. Build the LOS and the rest (top notch QBs, RBs and WRs) will come.....

18 hours ago, AUwent said:

It’s good that they recognize that. The dilemma for me is that if we land Deuce, that might lower the ceiling on the caliber of portal QB we can afford. And at this point, the pressure to get an elite one is going to be Marianas Trench level by December

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AU Is Gold Not when he's in football love with the school he is committed to & the HC there.

What’s our back up plan if we Whiff on Duece?

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Thorne has never been good. It should be a huge incentive for Deuce to commit. 

Partly agreed, but think of it this way… if Freeze benches Thorne this season and the next guy does well, Knight is then looking at possibly having to wait until, at minimum, 2027 to start.

At ND, Riley Leonard is gone after this season. I highly doubt his job is in jeopardy.

in order to lure a top high school QB and/or transfer portal QB, we need to be able to show there is a clear opportunity to start next season.

Just food for thought.

Edited by Viper

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

Partly agreed, but think of it this way… if Freeze benches Thorne this season and the next guy does well, Knight is then looking at possibly having to wait until, at minimum, 2027 to start.

At ND, Riley Leonard is gone after this season. I highly doubt his job is in jeopardy.

in order to lure a top high school QB and/or transfer portal QB, we need to be able to show there is a clear opportunity to start next season.

Just food for thought.

And if the qb situation/potential doesn’t improve dramatically by the end of the year, he will risk losing a bunch of talent to the portal.

It’ll be interesting to see how he manages this situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And if the qb situation/potential doesn’t improve dramatically by the end of the year, he will risk losing a bunch of talent to the portal.

It’ll be interesting to see how he manages this situation.

I alluded to this in the A&M #1 2022 thread as well as noting Napier went from the #5 class to the #15 class after losing his last 5 games.

Freeze better salvage this season to some degree of respect, with or without Knight’s commitment, or risk the rats off the ship syndrome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

The line-of-scrimmage (the foundation) should always be built first. Build the LOS and the rest (top notch QBs, RBs and WRs) will come.....

That takes more time. I learned that with Tuberville and Chizik. They first got DB's. It took Tuberville freakin four years to rebuild our OL and DL after Terry's bad recruiting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

It took Tuberville freakin four years to rebuild our OL and DL after Terry's bad recruiting. 

The 1998 defense, even with the departure of Spikes, was pretty good despite constantly being on the field. Terry mostly left the defensive recruiting to the defensive coaches. However, Spikes recently told his recruiting story on SEC Network and stated it was Terry’s final plea, begging Spikes to AU that made the difference.

Terry was certainly guilty of his lack of RB recruits and no solid plan at QB after Dameyune, but he recruited some great OL to AU, albeit more former years than latter.

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

That takes more time. I learned that with Tuberville and Chizik. They first got DB's. It took Tuberville freakin four years to rebuild our OL and DL after Terry's bad recruiting. 

So u think the school is going to wait four years with the TP and players getting paid thousands of dollars Then and now is apples to oranges. People are spending big money for results. If u own a business do u think u could spend millions and wait 4 years for a return 

20 minutes ago, e808 said:

So u think the school is going to wait four years with the TP and players getting paid thousands of dollars Then and now is apples to oranges. People are spending big money for results. If u own a business do u think u could spend millions and wait 4 years for a return 

On 9/7/2024 at 9:45 AM, Viper said:

be prepared for the immediate expected results. This isn’t 2003.