2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Isn't most of the line still holdovers?

Holdovers from what? Malzahn and Harsin? Starters wise, the only “holdover” is Jeremiah Wright. Everyone else is a portal player or a 2023 class recruit (TooTall Miller, Lew, and Johnson when he’s playing LT). The backups are also portal kids or ‘23 recruits - exception of EJ Harris who I think was a Harsin recruit in ‘22 - backup guard.

Point is, the OL room has been changed almost completely. It’s not all 5 stars, but it’s more than enough bodies (who were picked by the staff) to fill out a 2 deep.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexas The staff already knows that answer & plans to go portal shoping, Deuce or no Deuce.

Do you know if they actually plan to get a portal qb this time or just shop? I’m not throwing darts at you, btw, I’m genuinely curious. 

6 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm saying he is okay until the pressure is on. I'm saying he runs the offense the best out of all the Qb's.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have been chosen. 

Some players are great in practice but don't do as well during games. Other players are so so practice players but the light comes on during a game. Some players play the way they practice.

We need to see if any of our other QB's is a gamer type player.

6 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm saying he is okay until the pressure is on. I'm saying he runs the offense the best out of all the Qb's.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have been chosen. 

He runs it the best at practice, maybe not in games.

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Some players are great in practice but don't do as well during games. Other players are so so practice players but the light comes on during a game. Some players play the way they practice.

We need to see if any of our other QB's is a gamer type player.

Most of the "great in practice" but not in games are QB's without real live pressure on them. There are skill players that are poor in practice and come to life with the lights of game time. I was the prime example (RB) because I hated banging my body up for no reason in practice and was really just bored but turned it on with zero regard for my body at game time. If a college coach would have seen me in practice or practice film, I would have never heard from any of them.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Isn't most of the line still holdovers?

@TitanTiger No. 6 of 7 OL who played yesterday & 14 of the 17 schollied OL on roster have been brought in by Freeze's staff.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Do you know if they actually plan to get a portal qb this time or just shop? I’m not throwing darts at you, btw, I’m genuinely curious. 

@Tiger Refuge Shopping in my post means planning on taking 1 regardless of what HS QB we land in this class.

• Like 1

It’s ok everyone…Deuce will commit to Auburn in another 2-4 weeks. Then he’ll be our next Kodi Burns, Jeremy Johnson, Joey Gatewood, or Sean White. Or maybe the next Malik Willis or Bo Nix after he transfers to a program, coach, and team that can utilize his talents. Then all will be well 👌👍👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

I’m losing faith in Knight committing. 

I mean it was transparently a slow burn of a commitment. Even when we had it good, it was certainly not a consensus that he was going to commit during the first visit or any previous high points. 

Now, where I’d be concerned, I think (personal feeling) all of our 2025 QB and WR guys going forward are directly or indirectly proof of concept guys. The QBs definitely. You absolutely could not put what we put on the field Saturday out there over the course of the season. 

I still feel (again, entirely personal) that we’re blessed by ND’s general incompetence with passing and Ole Miss seemingly being a distant third for a while in his recruitment. They also kinda sorta suck at HS recruiting. I would personally be scared if a 3rd major power, other than them, started heating up. 

10 hours ago, fishepa said:

I’m losing faith in Knight committing. 

You believed it to begin with?

55 minutes ago, jluvah said:

You believed it to begin with?

Well, usually when every recruiting expert says something is going to happen I guess it usually does.  So yeah, I guess I believed.

What's interesting though is all the big recruiting guys are basically doubling down on him flipping.  They seem to feel it's not a matter of "if" but "when."

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Well, usually when every recruiting expert says something is going to happen I guess it usually does.  So yeah, I guess I believed.

Didn’t mean to sound like I was calling you out on it. It’s just that we’ve been hoodwinked sooo many times by so-called experts, it’s hard to take them serious when it comes to Auburn getting game changers like this guy

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What's interesting though is all the big recruiting guys are basically doubling down on him flipping.  They seem to feel it's not a matter of "if" but "when."

And it is fair to mention they operate largely without emotion or bias. Even the Auburn guys 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

At the risk of ... getting called out again..

If that's to me, I've never called you out. I apolgize if I came across like I was calling you out.

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This recruitment hasn't gone the way we were told it would...

True but here's where we are at the moment. As long as he continues to visit we still have a good shot. Remember the last 3 weekends he could have taken visits they have all been to AU: BCW, Games 1 & 2. We are still trending for the moment despite the poor game Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, au701948 said:

I think it has come and gone. I wish I felt different.

@au701948 It's not gone unless he stops visiting FWIW.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If that's to me, I've never called you out. I apolgize if I came across like I was calling you out.

True but here's where we are at the moment. As long as he continues to visit we still have a good shot. Remember the last 3 weekends he could have taken visits they have all been to AU: BCW, Games 1 & 2. We are still trending for the moment despite the poor game Saturday.

And none of them are short trips.  Lucedale, MS to Auburn, AL is a 3 hr 45 min drive.  Driving to Oxford, MS would be slightly shorter.  This isn't a guy that lives in Columbus coming over just to see a college football game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

Didn’t mean to sound like I was calling you out on it. It’s just that we’ve been hoodwinked sooo many times by so-called experts, it’s hard to take them serious when it comes to Auburn getting game changers like this guy

@jluvah FWIW Steve Wiltfong had never done that to us & he is the best national guy in the business.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Na, it's all good. I hope we get him. Just need to point out that different points of view shouldn't always be seen as being negative. Just a general statement 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1