2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Whatever. The. Hell. It. Takes.

If it means we can’t afford Deuce so be it.

We’re going to lose our prized receivers if we don’t get one. 🤬 

But it wasn't him or Deuce.  It was him or a good portion of that 2024 class, including those WRs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Whatever. The. Hell. It. Takes.

If it means we can’t afford Deuce so be it.

We’re going to lose our prized receivers if we don’t get one. 🤬 

Stroke that check big boy.

I’m pretty sure the money guys said no to that much. This is not the federal government. You can’t spend what you don’t have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But it wasn't him or Deuce.  It was him or a good portion of that 2024 class, including those WRs.

It won’t matter if that class walks away after this year. He bet on Thorne. That was made perfectly clear. Right now, that bet looks like a massive failure.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

29 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Stroke that check big boy.

I’m pretty sure the money guys said no to that much. This is not the federal government. You can’t spend what you don’t have.

What I’m saying is that after this season, certainly the urgency is going to be there, right? It is very possible we miss out on a bowl, which means that Freeze will be on the surface of the sun.

IDK, it just seems like landing a good TPQB is something everyone else—including FREAKING VANDY!—can do easily (so we may not even need to spend that much).

Can we please start a TP QB thread? Because that may be the only thing keeping my interest/hope.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Look, I’m sorry but a true freshmen is not going to suffice for what we are going to need next year. Someone said in the other thread that Cam Ward would’ve cost a million. 

A true freshman may not. However, play one of the two you have now and get him the reps if the current guy isn’t getting it done.

The problem is, if he does that people going to gripe because he’s loosing now.

AUs o-line didn’t give anyone a chance to throw. Not to put all the blame on them, Thorne made bad decisions tonight. He was simply aweful tonight!

I don’t like loosing.  However, steamrolling that team last week made this week suck even more because it got everyone’s (my) hopes up.  This team is young and needs experience.  There’s going to be growing pains with the line and receivers.  No excuse for the QB play.  

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Honestly you probably can’t even afford the caliber of TP QB we’d probably like to have to with how expensive I imagine this class ends up being 

We might need to let a few guys go if that’s the case. I just figured that if we gave up on Deuce we’d have the $. Can you imagine how much stronger we’d be if we had someone even on Pavia’s caliber?

Just now, AUwent said:

We might need to let a few guys go if that’s the case. I just figured that if we gave up on Deuce we’d have the $. Can you imagine how much stronger we’d be if we had someone even on Pavia’s caliber?

I know people in the now would hate to hear it, but I think a BIG part of this class is dependent on a QB recruit of Deuce’s caliber. 

this is why I’ve been saying that you NEED Brown or Walker to be starter level. Hopefully we give them a big part of the rest of the season to show us something

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I know people in the now would hate to hear it, but I think a BIG part of this class is dependent on a QB recruit of Deuce’s caliber. 

this is why I’ve been saying that you NEED Brown or Walker to be starter level. Hopefully we give them a big part of the rest of the season to show us something

I get that, but we cannot operate under the assumption that there’s someone on our roster good enough to give Deuce time. Not when we need to keep our receivers.

Trying desperately to think about who might be available in the portal.

Edited by AUwent

Thorne is not the answer so we need to go with Brown or White to see if we have an option even if we get Deuce. We need to know if PORTAL is way to go next year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shabby said:

I really don't think the offensive line was a problem.

@shabby With respect, it absolitely was. It was hot garbage.

15 hours ago, shabby said:

they also did give him adequate time on most plays

nope GIF by Brooke

We need an OL coach that can coach up his position group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Can we please start a TP QB thread? Because that may be the only thing keeping my interest/hope.

@AUwent Late in the year when there are actual targets.

13 hours ago, C'viewTiger said:

No excuse for the QB play.  

Same for the garbage OL play which makes most QBs play worse.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

Can you imagine how much stronger we’d be if we had someone even on Pavia’s caliber?

Not much. Our OL play would bring down his play level also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby No they wouldn't. They have been saying & thinking that. Quite frequently TBH.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We need to know if PORTAL is way to go next year.

@AuburnNTexas The staff already knows that answer & plans to go portal shoping, Deuce or no Deuce.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thorne is not the answer so we need to go with Brown or White to see if we have an option even if we get Deuce. We need to know if PORTAL is way to go next year.

I actually like Thorne when the game is not on the line. When things get tight, you might play Brown. Still, Brown could throw as many interceptions. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I actually like Thorne when the game is not on the line. When things get tight, you might play Brown. Still, Brown could throw as many interceptions. 

So you like a QB who needs to be pulled when the game is on the line? And if Brown throws picks how is that worse than what weve seen Thorne do over and over? 

Edited by CR
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexas The staff already knows that answer & plans to go portal shoping, Deuce or no Deuce.

I meant it as in people who want this team to compete right now, which is definitely a larger crowd in the last 24h than what we once had. 
It’s easy to have people operate a long term approach when things are good, but it’s not quite…good… at this moment 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@shabby With respect, it absolitely was. It was hot garbage.

nope GIF by Brooke

We need an OL coach that can coach up his position group.

Baffled that we can’t seem to get good O-linemen? I get the feeling that we’ll strike out in the portal on QBs again.

Who would be a good OL coach that we could realistically get?

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Same for the garbage OL play which makes most QBs play worse.

I would like to see another QB behind our line b4 saying this. Not that our OL is world beaters. But Freeze bet the Farm PT would improve with better WR play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CR said:

So you like a QB who needs to be pulled when the game is on the line? And if Brown throws picks how is that worse than what weve seen Thorne do over and over? 

I'm saying he is okay until the pressure is on. I'm saying he runs the offense the best out of all the Qb's.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have been chosen. 

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm saying he is okay until the pressure is on. I'm saying he runs the offense the best out of all the Qb's.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have been chosen. 

Maybe in practice. No one else has gotten the chance to see how they run the offense in meaningful minutes. Some players up their game when the lights are on. We will never truly know what we have without benching Thorne.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Baffled that we can’t seem to get good O-linemen?

@AUwent Look at our recent signees & commit list. We are getting them. We aren't coaching them up though.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Who would be a good OL coach that we could realistically get?

No clue.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Look at our recent signees & commit list. We are getting them. We aren't coaching them up though.

Isn't most of the line still holdovers?