2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate got a text during the drain that indicated this may happen today.  

JGT is great for team info but he is not a recruiting reporter & thus down the list a bit on reputale recruiting sources. That said, I hope he is right.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@aucanucktiger Where on here was that said?

You & Viper, and somebody else split hairs re Loy's "this weekend" commit comment and somebody else somewhere here threw in a halftime possibility. Chill, who cares.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

You & Viper, and somebody else split hairs re Loy's "this weekend" commit comment and somebody else somewhere here threw in a halftime possibility. Chill, who cares.

@aucanucktigerNo reason to chill. I'm not riled up. It was just a simple question. I never said it would be halftime, or even Saturday. I actually heard Friday, which obviously didn't happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sounds like Marcus Freeman digging his claws in and making great pitches.

Not really.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What did he do?

Beat A&M on the road. FWIW JLee bumped his pick for AU landing Deuce up to 85% on today's hot board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Beat A&M on the road. FWIW JLee bumped his pick for AU landing Deuce up to 85% on today's hot board.

FWIIW, I have a buddy who is a ND grad, but his wife and 3 kids all have degrees from AU.  He too is an AU convert.   He said Saturday that the ND staff have seen this flip coming for a good long while.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

FWIIW, I have a buddy who is a ND grad, but his wife and 3 kids all have degrees from AU.  He too is an AU convert.   He said Saturday that the ND staff have seen this flip coming for a good long while.

I'm just glad the ND staff is taking the high road & let DK do it on his time. In past situations like this some staffs would have it leaked through their team's recruiting sites they were pulling his offer or just straight up not taking him as a commit anymore.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope that it's too far gone and nothing ND can do at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hope that it's too far gone and nothing ND can do at this point.

Definitely how it feels.

FWIW Clemente said yesterday there's a good chance DK is back for the Cal game this Saturday.

• Like 5

Fans need to be patient. The coaching staff have been playing the long game and the recruiting as of now show their philosophy has worked. Let it happen on their own time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

i posted on3's callin recruiting stuff but i do not watch because i do not have time to read every article i post. they will be found in the football dailies if you want to watch.el i think you do a greatjob........

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm just glad the ND staff is taking the high road & let DK do it on his time. In past situations like this some staffs would have it leaked through their team's recruiting sites they were pulling his offer or just straight up not taking him as a commit anymore.

Marcus Freeman is 1st class.  He is letting Deuce take his time and make the RIGHT decision.  Wish more coaches would do the same because it's a damn big decision for 17 & 18 year olds to make.

52 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Marcus Freeman is 1st class.  He is letting Deuce take his time and make the RIGHT decision.  Wish more coaches would do the same because it's a damn big decision for 17 & 18 year olds to make.

But seriously, very very few coaches could throw a kid under the bus and not get serious enough blow back that effects recruiting negatively. And one of the very few retired last year. Freeman is nowhere close to being one of those coaches. He's just not stupid.

Edited by boisnumber1

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Fans need to be patient. The coaching staff have been playing the long game and the recruiting as of now show their philosophy has worked. Let it happen on their own time. 

Fans are not the ones that convince recruits to make rushed decisions - it's a "handler", uncle, pastor, cousin's friend who played DIII ball, etc. Coaches that do NOT play the long game ain't coaching at a high level for long.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

But seriously, very very few coaches could throw a kid under the bus and not get serious enough blow back that effects recruiting negatively. And one of the very few retired last year. Freeman is nowhere close to being one of those coaches. He's just not stupid.

I don’t think to OP Wes referring Freeman being close to the greats as far as records go but he is way more than “just not stupid”. That was just asinine to post TBH.
 He is a very good up and coming college football coach with a lot of potential. I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t make people quickly forget their former coach…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Fans are not the ones that convince recruits to make rushed decisions - it's a "handler", uncle, pastor, cousin's friend who played DIII ball, etc. Coaches that do NOT play the long game ain't coaching at a high level for long.

Based on all that has been given to us, his handlers , uncle , pastors are not the “ones” in angst about his decision time. That seems to be some individuals in Aufamily. 

• Like 3