2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

27 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I guess flipping to AU and announcing he is flipping to AU could be 2 different things 

Not as long as twitter is still around. I can’t remember the last time we flipped a 4/5 star recruit and he didn’t announce it on twitter and/or give permission to a service to announce it on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not as long as twitter is still around. I can’t remember the last time we flipped a 4/5 star recruit and he didn’t announce it on twitter and/or give permission to a service to announce it on twitter.

I'm sure there are plenty of times coaches know before everyone else or at least are told so.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I'm sure there are plenty of times coaches know before everyone else or at least are told so.

Yeah there’s definitely still been silents in this era. Hell there’s been silents we expected that ended up going elsewhere (Jalen Green) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah there’s definitely still been silents in this era. Hell there’s been silents we expected that ended up going elsewhere (Jalen Green) 

Yeah, I've thought for a while now that Deuce has been a silent, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. These days even announcing doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWiW Tom Loy said he would be surprised if Deuce isn't flipped to AU by the end of the weekend.

image.png

And he put in the first CB from 247 to add to all the ones on On3. Not sure why he'd wait much longer with all these CBs out there unless he really is still on the fence.

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Of course coaches know prior to the public, but that wasn’t your original point.

9 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

And he put in the first CB from 247 to add to all the ones on On3. Not sure why he'd wait much longer with all these CBs out there unless he really is still on the fence.

As @ellitor has stated, Knight wants to commit on his visit to AU this weekend…chummy hugs, high fives, etc.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

As @ellitor has stated, Knight wants to commit on his visit to AU this weekend…chummy hugs, high fives, etc.

Oh I understood he said Wiltfrong said not this weekend but later in September, but that Loy is saying maybe this weekend. Who knows. I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

I guess flipping to AU and announcing he is flipping to AU could be 2 different things 

@boisnumber1 Tom Loy means announcing the flip by this weekend.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

@Viper I never said that. If I did I didn't mean to. I think he commits before his visit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Viper I never said that. If I did I didn't mean to. I think he commits before his visit.

Not word for word. But via Wiltfong's 8/19 post, you relayed it crystal clear for me to understand he was committing this weekend...

"Gonna be a weekend long celebration. Well played AU & DK."

Whether he commits on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it's a futile point. I concur...it's a "weekend long celebration"...regardless of which of those 3 days he commits.

Edited by Viper

53 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not word for word. But via Wiltfong's 8/19 post, you relayed it crystal clear for me to understand he was committing this weekend...

"Gonna be a weekend long celebration. Well played AU & DK."

Whether he commits on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it's a futile point. I concur...it's a "weekend long celebration"...regardless of which of those 3 days he commits.

@Viper I pass on what recruiting reporters say a lot. When I do, that's what they said & their words, not mine. I have always heard it would be before the visit. Because they have a lot more credability than me, I will always post their info even if what I think or hear is different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Viper I pass on what recruiting reporters say a lot. When I do, that's what they said & their words, not mine. I have always heard it would be before the visit. Because they have a lot more credability than me, I will always post their info even if what I think or hear is different.

We’re speaking the same language. 

all-good-its-all-good.gif

• Like 1

I’ll be sitting close to the recruits at game time. 👀

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

How bout this E?  Tomorrow is my birthday, so why don't you call DK & ask him to commit tomorrow.  That would be an awesome birthday present for me.😊

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:44 AM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Why cant we just let this kid have his surprise.

That would be fine with me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Rats, I was hoping the Deuce commits at Ala A&M game halftime rumors here were true.

Got a feeling that if we do get a flip, it won’t be tonight 

Kid probably wants to talk it through with all the family he brought, maybe enjoy the town a little. 

• Like 1

Jay Tate got a text during the drain that indicated this may happen today.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kid probably wants to talk it through with all the family he brought, maybe enjoy the town a little. 

Per JLee the other day, DK initially planned to announce Aug. 28 but, this was before his BCW visit was disclosed publicly. Now DK plans to wait until the next weekend to announce. He doesn’t want to flip this week & take attention away from his team’s rivalry game against Greene County on Sept. 6. He doesn’t want to make the week about him and him alone so that's why he's waiting til next weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2