2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

IMG_1018.thumb.jpeg.cf1f5acb145b3241ff0f0b9612754c08.jpeg

@AUght2win That's the On3 Consensus. Below is the 247 Composite where DK is a 5*. Lower right part of the picture.

image.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Why are there usually more than 32 5 stars every year?

@AU Is Gold For any one site there is not more than 32 in a year often anymore & it's been that way for many years now.

9 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

I thought it was based on a rating threshold. Like 0.9832 rating and below aren't 5 stars. Am I wrong?

No. You are right. .9833 & up on the composite are still 5*s.

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we’re burying that myth that Auburn fans don’t care about stars pretty quickly here…

Not sure where that myth came from. I've never heard of it. Fans everywhere care about stars on the macro level, including AU fans.

I’m super excited that it appears DK is coming our way. It’s a first world problem to be debating the nuances of 4 vs 5 stars. 😅Great times ahead for AU football 🏈 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we’re burying that myth that Auburn fans don’t care about stars pretty quickly here…

We didn't care about it cause we hardly ever got any. Our way of coping😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

malik autry posted the batman...we know what that means 😉

@TAYLORKEETON Looks like you were right on Malik's fatbat tweet being for Deuce. Just seems anticlimactic to post that tweet with all the good buzz & news on DK we have already gotten.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@TAYLORKEETON Looks like you were right on Malik's fatbat tweet being for Deuce. Just seems anticlimactic to post that tweet with all the good buzz & news on DK we have already gotten.

What did I miss...something new on Deuce?

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wondered the same thing. He is a 4 star across the board but a composite 5 star. Makes no sense to me

The ranking services only counta portion of their total 5 stars before a class's season and end up 32 total (I may have the exact number wrong but for 247 I think it's a rating threshold and for ON3 it's a number=to the number draft picks in round 1 of the NFL draft). The composite ranking always denotes the top 32 as 5-star much earlier on in the process. Deuce will likey be a 5-star on multiple sites before it's over but via the composite he's top 30 and thus a 5*. That's how it works.

This is why J Lee and crew always call Brodie Shull a 5-star on On3 because he is currently top 32 and if he keeps his ranking until the end of year he'll be a 5-star on ON3.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What did I miss...something new on Deuce?

No. Just saying you were right in thinking Malik's FatBat tweet was about DK when I thought it was about CD Morgan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

The ranking services only counta portion of their total 5 stars before a class's season and end up 32 total (I may have the exact number wrong but for 247 I think it's a rating threshold and for ON3 it's a number=to the number draft picks in round 1 of the NFL draft). The composite ranking always denotes the top 32 as 5-star much earlier on in the process. Deuce will likey be a 5-star on multiple sites before it's over but via the composite he's top 30 and thus a 5*. That's how it works.

This is why J Lee and crew always call Brodie Shull a 5-star on On3 because he is currently top 32 and if he keeps his ranking until the end of year he'll be a 5-star on ON3.

Taught You Well GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Taught You Well GIFs | Tenor

Not sure anyone would want that pressure, lol 

darth vader GIF by Star Wars

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It doesn’t matter I just don’t know that the thread title is accurate. Are pundits calling him a 5 star?

A 5 star QB is a pretty rare air. Cam is the last one we got. Maybe the only one ever. I can’t remember if Jason Campbell was or not.

Edit: Bo was a 5 by some services. Those are 3 first round draft picks. That tier has precedent of being very rare and special. 

Edited by AUght2win

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We didn't care about it cause we hardly ever got any. Our way of coping😁

Exactly, just like I don’t care about being a millionaire. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

It doesn’t matter I just don’t know that the thread title is accurate. Are pundits calling him a 5 star?

A 5 star QB is a pretty rare air. Cam is the last one we got. Maybe the only one ever. I can’t remember if Jason Campbell was or not.

Edit: Bo was a 5 by some services. Those are 3 first round draft picks. That tier has precedent of being very rare and special. 

I think it matters to some people in here and that’s fine. It’s just a joke; I’m not judging anyone lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I can’t remember if Jason Campbell was or not.

Yes he was. He was the #2 ranked QB in the nation. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yes he was. He was the #2 ranked QB in the nation. 

Yeah so not a distinction to be made lightly. Hope Deuce plays like a 5 star whether or not he is one. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

just don’t know that the thread title is accurate. Are pundits calling him a 5 star?

@AUght2win It is accurate. Unless they work for ESPN or Rivals, most pundits use the 247 composite or On3 consensus when referring to recruit rankings. Most use the 247 composite, which is where DK is a 5*.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it matters to some people in here and that’s fine. It’s just a joke; I’m not judging anyone lol 

It certainly matters to fans and it matters to the player who is rated a 5 star.  Also matters to the other recruits who may be considering the school the 5 star chose to commit to, particularly if it's a QB who most teams consider to be a team leader.  It's a big deal all around.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

It certainly matters to fans and it matters to the player who is rated a 5 star.  Also matters to the other recruits who may be considering the school the 5 star chose to commit to, particularly if it's a QB who most teams consider to be a team leader.  It's a big deal all around.

Interesting perspective

7 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Yeah.  It's not like being named a 5-star changes how good a player Deuce is.  He's a 6.0 four-star on Rivals.  A 6.1 is a five-star on Rivals ratings.  Is there really much difference generally speaking between the highest rated 4-star and a 5-star?  Nah.  But perception wise, it's helpful to the program because elite dudes like to play with other elite dudes.  It sends a message.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Perception is reality. Does a 5 star rating mean anything tangible? No. But it can sometimes be a placebo that DOES produce tangible impacts.

It can boost the player’s confidence and a program’s image. When the world tells you you’re great, most people believe it. Thats rat poison to some and jet fuel to others.

• Like 1

And again, it’s whatever but I don’t think we should be calling Deuce a 5 star unless it’s pretty much consensus from the sites (like a Juju). Auburn has rarely ever gotten 5 star QBs. When we have, they’ve accomplished pretty monumental things. Not a thing to claim on technicality.

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Is there really much difference generally speaking between the highest rated 4-star and a 5-star?  Nah.

Exactly. Cubelic & McElroy had Tyler Siskey on their show yesterday. He was a talent evaluator for Freeze & Saban for 10 years. He said the ideal prospect is an upper 4-star.

Very eye-opening take on recruiting. Highly suggest listening:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mcelroy-and-cubelic-in-the-morning/id1575603573?i=1000666126803

Deuce and family of Deuce, if you are reading this thread understand not all Auburn fans think this way of you. But me…

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91lwvqadhfkw8kh0kbz1

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn has rarely ever gotten 5 star QBs. When we have, they’ve accomplished pretty monumental things. Not a thing to claim on technicality.

As you alluded to earlier, the only ones have been Campbell, Cam & Nix. The one common trait among all three players is it took them at least their 4th year in college to play like one.