2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I remember early in his junior year(4th year in the program) Tubs made a comment about it being time to “take the training wheels off.” I remember thinking what a terrible thing for a coach to say about his 4th year quarterback. Can’t imagine that inspired a lot of confidence in JC. 

I remember that quote too. I 100% agreed with it. By the start of 2003, long overdue for Campbell to make the leap. 5-star. Coach’s son. Year 4. A brat like Manziel wouldn’t have took it as constructive criticism…he would have took his ball and went home. Campbell was tailor-made for that criticism and obviously flipped the switch his last season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

But Al Borges took five years. I want something quicker which is why I ask for the Petrino version. 

How so? What did it take Al 5 years to do? 

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm saying JLEE needs to give a higher percentage for Deuce Knight. I'm saying JLEE knows he is coming. 90 percent is strong confidence. 60-70 is weak. It is a D.

JLee (and other supposed insiders) has been wrong so many times he is hedging his bet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Auburn93 His pick was actually 65%. Apparently AUCB doesn't know how to round properly. Also 60 or 65% confidence is nowhere near a weak pick. It's fairly strong actually. 50% & up is fairly confident. Look at it in 2 steps. 1. I make a pick. 2. How confident am I in that pick? Sounds like you are interpretting 60% confidence as a little more than a toss up pick. That's incorrect. A toss up conmfidence pick would be a pick with 10-20% confidence. Basically make a pick just for the sake of doing it. Hope that clears things up.

Why is almost every crystal ball confidence a 6? That's what confuses me. 

There should be a scaling system where you get more credit for high confidence picks and how early you make the pick. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

48 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

There should be a scaling system where you get more credit for high confidence picks and how early you make the pick. 

maybe you are using the wrong sources!

Most accurate/reliable recruiting prediction source ranking...

1.  Palm reading

2.  Tarot cards

3.   16 sided die roll

4  CRYSTAL BALLS

5. THE LEAN

6  Magic 8-ball

7  Wild ass guess

8.  the chicken poop game   

9.  Forearm Tattoo  

10  the percentage sign  %   

11  Fortune cookie 

12  Lil' Mook    

13  insider information

14  Caleb Williams' Dentist

15  Astrology signs

16   'cruitin finger  

17  a school calling "dibs"

18  Calling Miss Cleo's psychic hotline 

19  The Groundhog  

20  Eeny, meeny, miny, moe 

21  Check Yes or No note passed in a 6th grade class.

22  My cousin's wife's friend does Pilates with the recruit's mother    

23  On3 predictions

24   Zoltar  fortune teller machine   

25  Rock, paper, scissors.  (lizard, Spock)

26  Water cooler talk from an in-the-know coworker

27  He loves me,  he loves me not -  flower pedal plucking  prediction

28  Airplane tracking

29  spin the bottle 

30  Information from the internet

31   Uncle Rico's drunken birthday proclamations

32  podcasts

33  Throwing darts at a list

34  Coach dancing  at grandpa’s birthday party

35  George Santos

36  I have a really good feeling about this /  Trust me Bro. 

37   (for you older readers)   the game "Red Rover."

38   unnamed source

39  The recruit is a legacy

40  ChatGPT

41   information from the Chinese Spy Balloons

67  other recruiting websites/ forums

68   confidence ratings

98 your local weatherman

99   Me

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm saying JLEE needs to give a higher percentage for Deuce Knight. I'm saying JLEE knows he is coming. 90 percent is strong confidence. 60-70 is weak. It is a D.

As Ellitor said, that’s not the way it’s works.  I don’t understand the logic myself, but I accept it because that’s the way it works.  

Edited by gctiger

4 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

60-70 is weak. It is a D.

@Auburn93 Based on JLee's confidence scale 60-70 is not weak at all. For example, when he makes a pick with 70% confidence he has said many times that means a recruit is a silent commit to AU. So 65% is in essence saying Deuce is all but a silent to AU. Based on JLee's scale that's a damn strong pick.

3 hours ago, tinman1 said:

he is hedging his bet.

Nope. Some just don't understand his picking & percentage scales.

3 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

247 does that. I don't believe On3 does. JLee works for On3.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

malik autry posted the batman...we know what that means 😉

@TAYLORKEETON that’s likely for someone else. Everyone knows where he’s trending.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Where is Deuce ranked a 5 star? Literally every service has him at 4 unless I’m missing something

Composite.   The only one that really matters.  

• Love 1

I am amazed at what this staff is doing. That would make up for us missing on RW. SMH. That still hurts.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Where is Deuce ranked a 5 star? Literally every service has him at 4 unless I’m missing something

I wondered the same thing. He is a 4 star across the board but a composite 5 star. Makes no sense to me

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

That would make up for us missing on RW.

@DAG We could. I just got him as a Freshman transfer on CFB 25 to complete the Freeze 5. lol

• Haha 2

On 8/20/2024 at 4:40 PM, Viper said:

I remember that quote too. I 100% agreed with it. By the start of 2003, long overdue for Campbell to make the leap. 5-star. Coach’s son. Year 4. A brat like Manziel wouldn’t have took it as constructive criticism…he would have took his ball and went home. Campbell was tailor-made for that criticism and obviously flipped the switch his last season.

Campbell is easily one of my top five Auburn players.. He was all class and showed tremendous fortitude when everyone was calling him a bust 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wondered the same thing. He is a 4 star across the board but a composite 5 star. Makes no sense to me

@AUght2win @NWALA Tiger Not sure about making sense but I can tell you the 247 Composite logic. The composite is the rank order average of all 4 sites. As y'all already know the composite doesn't factor stars at all from any of the sites. Regardless of stars, the 32 highest ranked players in terms of average rank order are consodered composite 5*s. 32 is the number because that's the # of 1st round picks in the NFL Draft. DK is the 29th highest rated player in terms of rank order & thus a composite 5* without being a 5^ on any 1 site. FWIW if he maintains his ranking of 28 overall on On3 he will be a 5* on that site because they expand to 32 5*s near the end of the recruiting cycle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUght2win @NWALA Tiger Not sure about making sense but I can tell you the 247 Composite logic. The composite is the rank order average of all 4 sites. As y'all already know the composite doesn't factor stars at all from any of the sites. Regardless of stars, the 32 highest ranked players in terms of average rank order are consodered composite 5*s. 32 is the number because that's the # of 1st round picks in the NFL Draft. DK is the 29th highest rated player in terms of rank order & thus a composite 5* without being a 5^ on any 1 site. FWIW if he maintains his ranking of 28 overall on On3 he will be a 5* on that site because they expand to 32 5*s near the end of the recruiting cycle.

Why are there usually more than 32 5 stars every year? I thought it was based on a rating threshold. Like 0.9832 rating and below aren't 5 stars. Am I wrong?