2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* QB Deuce Knight

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This was all planned. His whole immediate family will be there. Gonna be a weekend long celebration. Well played AU & DK

die-hard-smiling.gif

wwe-scott-hall.gif

Edited by Viper
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I was gladly wrong...

This was all planned. His whole immediate family will be there. Gonna be a weekend long celebration. Well played AU & DK.

Definitely a good show of force. I wonder if ND cuts bait (at this pt, I think the bait has been cut for them) prematurely to save face 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thread title updated. He is now a composite 5*.

bammers sayin he ain't no fave stearh pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl

Edited by Viper

ND boards going nuts right now. Accusing Deuce of breaking his word to them after ND "built the class around him", slamming AU for making Deuce our "3d pick", saying he loves ND and going to AU would be only a biz decision, etc. I grew up a Neutered Dame fan (he ducks) but their sour grapes crap would make signing him even sweeter.

Plus, having a world class lefty under center just looks freaky cool.

Edited by aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

ND boards going nuts right now. Accusing Deuce of breaking his word to them after ND "built the class around him", slamming AU for making Deuce our "3d pick", saying he loves ND and going to AU would be only a biz decision, etc. I grew up a Neutered Dame fan (he ducks) but their sour grapes crap would make signing him even sweeter.

Plus, having a world class lefty under center just looks freaky cool.

I assume that was supposed to be "3rd pick"? 

There's like 5 programs incl. us that had to play round robin with him, Lacey, Juju and Longstreet...seems like the communication only waned when the recruits themselves chose to go in a different direction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

bammers sayin he ain't no fave stearh pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl

😂

Screenshot_20240819-232932.png

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

😂

Screenshot_20240819-232932.png

I'm tellin ya rit now thems barners er cheatin pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. They dun stow dit kid plum rit undr der noses pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. They dun stow sum ers tew. Whaweez gun do bout dis here pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl?

Keep up......ummmmmmmm......Al is in Dadeville, Alabama. Hey Al.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like the omen here or the sign except we need to see the Jason Campbell of Petrino and not Mazzone. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm tellin ya rit now thems barners er cheatin pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. They dun stow dit kid plum rit undr der noses pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. They dun stow sum ers tew. Whaweez gun do bout dis here pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl?

Keep up......ummmmmmmm......Al is in Dadeville, Alabama. Hey Al.

OK. Which caller are you? We all know it now. Fess up!

37 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I like the omen here or the sign except we need to see the Jason Campbell of Petrino and not Mazzone. 

I’ll take Al Borges for $1000 Alex. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Viper said:

I’ll take Al Borges for $1000 Alex. 

But Al Borges took five years. I want something quicker which is why I ask for the Petrino version. 

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JLEE IS SOOOOO weak with a 6O% pick. I'm starting to realize that the 60% picks are just to help the recruit build suspense. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

But Al Borges took five years. I want something quicker which is why I ask for the Petrino version. 

Petrino was Campbell’s 3rd year. In today’s era, if a 5-star QB hasn’t shown out by Year 3, he’s the issue and/or he’s moved on.

Yes, Campbell had some good moments in 2002 under Petrino (as compared to 2001 & 2003), but at season’s end, was 63% with an 11/5 TD/INT ratio.

Knight won’t be here in Year 4 with those type numbers.

7 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

JLEE IS SOOOOO weak with a 6O% pick. I'm starting to realize that the 60% picks are just to help the recruit build suspense. 

@Auburn93 His pick was actually 65%. Apparently AUCB doesn't know how to round properly. Also 60 or 65% confidence is nowhere near a weak pick. It's fairly strong actually. 50% & up is fairly confident. Look at it in 2 steps. 1. I make a pick. 2. How confident am I in that pick? Sounds like you are interpretting 60% confidence as a little more than a toss up pick. That's incorrect. A toss up conmfidence pick would be a pick with 10-20% confidence. Basically make a pick just for the sake of doing it. Hope that clears things up.

• Like 2

Not gonna to get too excited until he commits but he really glowed up since last year. If I am honest, I was not super impressed with the couple of games I was able to see last game. Thank god I am not the coach and kudos for Freeze and staff for sticking to this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Petrino was Campbell’s 3rd year. In today’s era, if a 5-star QB hasn’t shown out by Year 3, he’s the issue and/or he’s moved on.

Yes, Campbell had some good moments in 2002 under Petrino (as compared to 2001 & 2003), but at season’s end, was 63% with an 11/5 TD/INT ratio.

Knight won’t be here in Year 4 with those type numbers.

Petrino was year 2 for JC.  He suffered through the Nallsminger era of 2003, then came into his own in 2004 under Borges as a senior.

• Like 2

I've felt pretty confident here for a minute. Big fan of his size and ceiling. Don't think he is an instant-impact guy but definitely could develop under Freeze.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Petrino was year 2 for JC.  He suffered through the Nallsminger era of 2003, then came into his own in 2004 under Borges as a senior.

Remember when even years were the more favorable ones…I miss having all our biggest non-IB games on the opposite rotation.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

The OP referenced 5 years that Campbell was in the program, which is correct. Campbell was a Redshirt Soph in 2002 under Petrino, Year 3 in the program. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

The OP referenced 5 years that Campbell was in the program, which is correct. Campbell was a Redshirt Soph in 2002 under Petrino, Year 3 in the program. 

I remember early in his junior year(4th year in the program) Tubs made a comment about it being time to “take the training wheels off.” I remember thinking what a terrible thing for a coach to say about his 4th year quarterback. Can’t imagine that inspired a lot of confidence in JC. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Auburn93 His pick was actually 65%. Apparently AUCB doesn't know how to round properly. Also 60 or 65% confidence is nowhere near a weak pick. It's fairly strong actually. 50% & up is fairly confident. Look at it in 2 steps. 1. I make a pick. 2. How confident am I in that pick? Sounds like you are interpretting 60% confidence as a little more than a toss up pick. That's incorrect. A toss up conmfidence pick would be a pick with 10-20% confidence. Basically make a pick just for the sake of doing it. Hope that clears things up.

I'm saying JLEE needs to give a higher percentage for Deuce Knight. I'm saying JLEE knows he is coming. 90 percent is strong confidence. 60-70 is weak. It is a D.